• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Survival of the Fittest Tournament: Group A - Joseph Joestar vs Deku (My Hero)

It means if he uses it on Joseph, he's getting Hamon'd. Any dying.
Deku already took serious damage while having someone grappled and still counted to fight
I don't, why wouldn't he follow him? SBA, he wants to beat Joseph, and Joseph is fleeing, he kind of has to follow him, he could be smart about it, but from Deku's perspective why would he? For all he knows this dude is simply just trying to get away from him as he's outranged and stuff, not like Deku will know about Hamon just yet as by the time he knows what it's fully capable of, he'd probably be dead.
But he has no real reason to follow him, he can always switch to range attacks

Yeah, exactly, they might pick up on traps, I said that like ten times, but what happens if Joseph layers traps, or where avoiding one trap sets off another, or avoid that one sets off two more? What happens in a case where you know they're coming but you can avoid one but not the other or so on? You'd still get hit. And Danger Sense only picks up on imminent threats according to the profile, it isn't like Deku is gonna sense a wire trap Joseph set up from km away.
As long as the traps put Deku in danger he will pick up on every single one, plus if Deku knows what Joseph intends to do with these traps with danger sense he's not going to keep following him
They aren't even on the level of the dude's Joseph constantly analyzes and deconstructs.
I never said that he was on his level when it came to analyzing and IQ I only said that his isn't to be underestimated

i was kinda hoping for more mha supporters but i guess it cant be helped in this sort of thing

Deku already took serious damage while having someone grappled and still counted to fight
You fail to understand, he'd get Hamon'd. He will lose consciousness, and his heart will literally stop. It's not about damage, it's about durability negating hax. If all Joseph had was unga bunga AP, I'd unironically vote Deku tbh, but Joseph has actual hax, and this is why the traps in question are lethal, they can all be infused with Hamon, from mind control, to literally "lol you dead", that's can be applied by mere contact, or with something Joseph has made contact with (like a supercharged leaf) making contact instead, or a wire, or what not.
But he has no real reason to follow him, he can always switch to range attacks
Then he loses Joseph and gets ****** over at a later point when Joseph rigs everything completely, especially in a jungle island where literally every thing can store and channel Hamon.
It's in his best interest to follow him, if he doesn't, he's just giving Joseph free reign to literally prep time.

As long as the traps put Deku in danger he will pick up on every single one, plus if Deku knows what Joseph intends to do with these traps with danger sense he's not going to keep following him
Yeah so? He picks up on all of them? Doesn't mean he avoids all of them, how is Deku going to dodge like 10 traps that mere contact will enforce a loss, but they're coming from all directions with no space to actually dodge? And dodging just sets off more? Knowing something is coming doesn't mean you can always avoid it, if I tell you me and the lads gonna shoot ya, doesn't mean you can dodge, or dodge the bullets coming from all sides.
And the profile explicitly states IMMINENT danger, why would Danger Sense pick up on shit that isn't imminent yet? He'll pick up on it when it's actually a threat, but at that point it's gonna be a tad tough to avoid. And note, the entire forest can be a trap, Joseph, unironically, doesn't even need to set up traps, as trees can be channeled with hamon, vines, plant life, even FALLING LEAVES, can be infused with Hamon, Joseph can make traps instantly, and he has a nigh infinite amount due to locale.
I never said that he was on his level when it came to analyzing and IQ I only said that his isn't to be underestimated
Well yeah, but when Joseph actively humiliates dudes who outclass Deku in this regard, it's less about underestimating and more he kinda can't outsmart Joseph at all.

Oh, I didn't vote, (not that it matters, there's 7 votes anyway), I'm just playing Devil's advocate, and explaining stuff Joseph can do.
I don't tend to vote on principle, only when it's extremely obvious one wins, I only really do vs matches if asked to.

You fail to understand, he'd get Hamon'd. He will lose consciousness, and his heart will literally stop. It's not about damage, it's about durability negating hax. If all Joseph had was unga bunga AP, I'd unironically vote Deku tbh, but Joseph has actual hax, and this is why the traps in question are lethal, they can all be infused with Hamon, from mind control, to literally "lol you dead", that's can be applied by mere contact, or with something Joseph has made contact with (like a supercharged leaf) making contact instead, or a wire, or what not.

Then he loses Joseph and gets ****** over at a later point when Joseph rigs everything completely, especially in a jungle island where literally every thing can store and channel Hamon.
It's in his best interest to follow him, if he doesn't, he's just giving Joseph free reign to literally prep time.

Yeah so? He picks up on all of them? Doesn't mean he avoids all of them, how is Deku going to dodge like 10 traps that mere contact will enforce a loss, but they're coming from all directions with no space to actually dodge? And dodging just sets off more? Knowing something is coming doesn't mean you can always avoid it, if I tell you me and the lads gonna shoot ya, doesn't mean you can dodge, or dodge the bullets coming from all sides.
And the profile explicitly states IMMINENT danger, why would Danger Sense pick up on shit that isn't imminent yet? He'll pick up on it when it's actually a threat, but at that point it's gonna be a tad tough to avoid. And note, the entire forest can be a trap, Joseph, unironically, doesn't even need to set up traps, as trees can be channeled with hamon, vines, plant life, even FALLING LEAVES, can be infused with Hamon, Joseph can make traps instantly, and he has a nigh infinite amount due to locale.

Well yeah, but when Joseph actively humiliates dudes who outclass Deku in this regard, it's less about underestimating and more he kinda can't outsmart Joseph at all.
Reading this then it looks like a stomp or close to a stomp for Joey if all he needs is one hit, and it's gg

Like that fight with a nazi soldier where he infused a cactus with hamon and made It explode into his face
Dire infuses a rose too, Will and Jonathan infuses like ten thousand leaves, even plant based food can be infused, like spaghetti.
Any biological substance (And liquid) can store Hamon.
Of course just about anything can channel it too like rock, steel, and so on, but that's to channel it and pass it through, but to store hamon, any organic matter works. Even birds.
Reading this then it looks like a stomp or close to a stomp for Joey if all he needs is one hit, and it's gg
Jonathan would probably be more fair, he's a gentleman, isn't a cunning snake like Joseph who will play dirty, probably wouldn't use dirty hax tricks like Joseph, and while smart, doesn't literally outsmart 400IQ aztec gods. He's weaker tho, caps at baseline (2.004 tons).
But I didn't pick the character, literally only here because asked.

j̵u̵n̵g̵l̵e̵ ̵e̵n̵v̵i̵r̵o̵n̵m̵e̵n̵t̵ ̵k̵i̵n̵d̵a̵ ̵o̵p̵ ̵f̵o̵r̵ ̵h̵a̵m̵o̵n̵
̵w̵o̵r̵s̵t̵ ̵p̵l̵a̵c̵e̵ ̵f̵o̵r̵ ̵h̵a̵m̵o̵n̵ ̵w̵o̵u̵l̵d̵ ̵p̵r̵o̵b̵a̵b̵l̵y̵ ̵b̵e̵ ̵a̵ ̵o̵n̵ ̵a̵ ̵g̵i̵a̵n̵t̵ ̵b̵e̵e̵t̵l̵e̵,̵ ̵o̵r̵ ̵i̵n̵ ̵a̵ ̵s̵o̵l̵i̵d̵ ̵m̵e̵t̵a̵l̵ ̵h̵i̵g̵h̵ ̵t̵e̵c̵h̵ ̵l̵o̵c̵a̵l̵e̵

i know i just got here but isn’t this just 8% vs Joseph except he has 3x less AP and gets out handed even harder with less LS?

Joseph upscales massively off baseline (Can fight and crosscounter Pillar Men, who stomp 2.004 tonners), and has a move that one shots a one shot that's 3x himself.
Not that it matters, and if LS ever got into a point where it matter'd, Deku would be dead because
grappling the dude who can hax you on contact
Joseph would unironically love if Deku decidied to grapple him, it'd make it less difficult for him.

Joseph upscales massively off baseline, and has a move that one shots a one shots that's 3x himself.
Not that it matters, and if LS ever got into a point where it matter'd, Deku would be dead because

Joseph would unironically love if Deku decidied to grapple him, it'd make it less difficult for him.
Oh no that’s what I meant. Joseph already beat 8% who is superior to this Deku in every way aside from arsenal

Oh, well perhaps but this is probably just how the tourney happened (this match is apart of a tourney, it was probably just RNG or something that put them up against each other).

Oh, well perhaps but this is probably just how the tourney happened (this match is apart of a tourney, it was probably just RNG or something that put them up against each other).
Sadly yeah. I had hoped when I saw them both there that it wouldn’t happen this soon but eh.

i mean we can’t even add this cause Deku does just get shit stomped by Hax Skill and Int

Who added this?

Joseph already beat 8% (and it’s been recorded), and as said above, 8% is superior to this Deku in every way aside from Arsenal and Skill which don’t matter because Joseph Shit Stomped him here.

Back