• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Survival of the Fittest Tournament: Group A - Joseph Joestar vs Deku (My Hero)

Danger Sense will not activate if the opponent has no real malice or intent to hurt Deku, which can catch him off-guard. Considerably strong negative emotions can cause Danger Sense to be overstimulated.

Deku has faced many villains and none of them got under his skin so he should be fine. Does jojo even know anything about deku? Nope.

Joseph is a very good shit talker and he is a master of reading one's mindset and personality and exploiting one's emotions to get them angered, riled up, and so on, and actively does this in fights so they lose focus and don't notice him setting up his bullshit. He does this to dude's he's never met before, it wouldn't take agenius to figure out the basic's of Deku's personality and try to rile him up, even just throwing shit out till something causes a minor reaction and using that to deconstruct his personality traits and go from there.
It only didn't work on ACDC, except wait, it did, because Joseph outsmarted ACDC's outsmarting of Joseph's outsmarting.

But yeah, if Joseph can pass Hamon through Blackwhip, that becomes completely useless for Deku and actively a wincondition for Joseph if he uses it.

Danger sense is good, but Joseph can just set stuff up to where if he avoid sone thing, another goes off, and if he avoids that, two others trip instead, and Joseph is no stranger to straight up ******* off if he can't get things to work, instead luring his foe away or relocating to where he CAN win and get things off.

Joseph is a very good shit talker and he is a master of exploiting one's emotions .
And Deku has dealt with emotions throughout his entire life with the breakdown that took place between him and Bakugo or how Stain tried to convince everyone how he thinks All Might is worthy or how U.A was attacked by League of Villains

And Deku has dealt with emotions throughout his entire life with the breakdown that took place between him and Bakugo or how Stain tried to convince everyone how he thinks All Might is worthy or how U.A was attacked by League of Villains

Pre final act. And I forgot about stain. Final act deku is way more mature.

and automatically becomes immune to a guy who can read his every single move and can figure out exactly what makes him tick?

Imma let people who know MHA better handle that one, I know Jojo, and thats about it, and I know just how stupidly OP Joseph's IQ is

and automatically becomes immune to a guy who can read his every single move and can figure out exactly what makes him tick?
That's just part of his character aka luck not even supernaturnal luck just like chariot said here

"It wasn't supernatural luck, he just got super ******* lucky one time.
It's not a power he has, it's not something that happens often, he just got really lucky one time and it saved not only his, but the whole world's ass.
Getting lucky once, no matter how lucky it might've been, even if it's a 1/1000000000 chance, isn't inherently a power or ability, in the same vain some dude winning the lottery doesn't mean he's supernaturally lucky. Joseph isn't Poco Loco lads
."

So apparently luck is enought to defeat a professionally trained U.A student who knows who to deal with villains who are arguably moe destructive than Pillarmen.

Ok anyway.
This doesn't really matter, losing emotions ******* up blackwhip is a bit of a nonfactor if Deku using blackwhip is suicide for him, blackwhip probably isn't exactly a huge factor.
Then duku would use he other haxes and ranged attacks.
He can't use blackwhip unless he wants to die, Joseph can straight up just leave and lure him someplace he can't properly use said long ranged attacks (in character and actually one of his "main" moves), which is entirely in character for Joseph, secondly, he can lay traps and traps for said traps, so even if danger sense picks up on them, they're gonna be hard as **** to avoid.
It should also be mentioned Joseph has regen and healing, he can heal cuts, gashes, even broken bones up to a broken neck.
And there is the fact Joseph's analytical skills will help him deduce what Deku is gonna do, and work around that.
All Joseph needs to win is one good hit, whether that be from himself, or from traps and items stored with Hamon.
Also while not really important, Joseph can hold his breath for long length of time, and can run tens of kilometers without a breath, and hundreds with but one.
Furthermore, they're fighting in a place best suited to Hamon, trees, rivers, etc, can all channel Hamon and even store it, literally nowhere will be safe, every tree, to every leaf, could be a weapon, or a timed bomb stored with Hamon to set off at a better time.
So are we throwing out his entire intellect scaling now?
No, he just got lucky, one time, against Ultimate Kars, the rest is all legit galaxy brain shit posting on his end.

Last edited:
What's Deku's stamina in this key actually? I heard he fought for days on end? Is this true or did he take breaks?

I heard about that, but I've also heard that he took breaks between, or he wasn't literally fighting nonstop 24/7 in some sort of Guts fashion.

He can't use blackwhip unless he wants to die, Joseph can straight up just leave and lure him someplace he can't properly use said long ranged attacks (in character and actually one of his "main" moves), which is entirely in character for Joseph, secondly, he can lay traps and traps for said traps, so even if danger sense picks up on them, they're gonna be hard as **** to avoid.
It should also be mentioned Joseph has regen and healing, he can heal cuts, gashes, even broken bones up to a broken neck.
And there is the fact Joseph's analytical skills will help him deduce what Deku is gonna do, and work around that.
All Joseph needs to win is one good hit, whether that be from himself, or from traps and items stored with Hamon.
Also while not really important, Joseph can hold his breath for long length of time, and can run tens of kilometers without a breath, and hundreds with but one.
Furthermore, they're fighting in a place best suited to Hamon, trees, rivers, etc, can all channel Hamon and even store it, literally nowhere will be safe, every tree, to every leaf, could be a weapon, or a timed bomb stored with Hamon to set off at a better time.

No, he just got lucky, one time, against Ultimate Kars, the rest is all legit galaxy brain shit posting on his end.
What does that mean he can't use black whip until he dies? I doubt Deku is dumb enough to follow Joseph into multiple traps even if he does follow him, Danger Sense will pick up on the traps, and he can plan his counter. Deku analytical skills might not be on Joeusph's Level, but his is not to be underestimated.

Based on all the arguments I've seen, I think I'm also going to vote for Joseph. Though Deku's new abilities do give him an advantage, such as giving him greater range and mobility, allowing him to detect danger and predict attacks, momentarily boost his power with Fa Jin, and obscure Joseph's vision, I think that Joseph's intelligence and his ability to read his opponent's movements, thoughts and future actions would play a big part here. He'd likely be able to either lure Deku to a location where his mobility would be limited, since he's one to flee if he knows he can't win. As mentioned above, if Deku uses Blackwhip, which is highly likely given it's one of his main fighting styles in the war and during his hunt for All For One, Joseph can instantly use Hamon Overdrive, sending his Hamon through Blackwhip and seriously damaging Deku's organs.

What does that mean he can't use black whip until he dies?

It means if he uses it on Joseph, he's getting Hamon'd through it. And dying. Blackwhip is good, but not so good against a dude who can channel energy and give you a heart attack if you use it on him.

I doubt Deku is dumb enough to follow Joseph into multiple traps even if he does follow him,

I don't, why wouldn't he follow him? SBA, he wants to beat Joseph, and Joseph is fleeing, he kind of has to follow him, he could be smart about it, but from Deku's perspective why would he? For all he knows this dude is simply just trying to get away from him as he's outranged and stuff, not like Deku will know about Hamon just yet as by the time he knows what it's fully capable of, he'd probably be dead.

Danger Sense will pick up on the traps, and he can plan his counter.
Yeah, exactly, they might pick up on traps, I said that like ten times, but what happens if Joseph layers traps, or where avoiding one trap sets off another, or avoid that one sets off two more? What happens in a case where you know they're coming but you can avoid one but not the other or so on? You'd still get hit. And Danger Sense only picks up on imminent threats according to the profile, it isn't like Deku is gonna sense a wire trap Joseph set up from km away.
Deku analytical skills might not be on Joeusph's Level, but his is not to be underestimated.

They aren't even on the level of the dude's Joseph constantly analyzes and deconstructs.

Well his character is based off Sherlock Holmes kind of, and his main gimmick is unironically bullshitting foes, in a part full of super genius cavemen.

Back