• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Survival of the Fittest Tournament: Group A - Deku vs Charles Calvin

Group A:
Round 10: (Group Finale)
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
One final chance for Deku to get 8 points if he wins this but he cause an upset and potentially go the semi finals ?

Results:
(Deku) (FinalAct) (Final key) (My Hero Academia): 1 (Acer)
Charles Calvin (Henry Stickmin (Series): 10 (Psychomaster, DD, RustyOne, Lemon, Popted2m Fluffy, Gator, Pokemonfan, Superstar, Acer)
Inconclusive:
jahS4J5.png

Last edited:
Off-Topic:
I have a question regarding Fa jin
It says "store kinetic energy from repeated movements within his body and then release that energy as a powerful burst of strength and speed" Can someone who is a very powerful absorption user absorb his Fa Jin and then shot it back like for example (like this) or his energy can not be absorbed at all ?

Funnily enough, Charles fought Izuku before and stomped him (It happened in some 8-A tourney that appears to have been cancelled)

Anywho, does Izuku have any ranged attacks in this key that aren’t from his percent increases? If not, then he would likely have a hard time trying to hit Charles who is in the air and would continuously fire his machine guns or missiles at him. And if he notices Izuku keeps dodging them, then he would resort to hax through either melting his bones, mind controlling him, or knocking him out with through unleashing a Subsonic Wave.

Funnily enough, Charles fought Izuku before and stomped him (It happened in some 8-A tourney that appears to have been cancelled)

Anywho, does Izuku have any ranged attacks in this key that aren’t from his percent increases? If not, then he would likely have a hard time trying to hit Charles who is in the air and would continuously fire his machine guns or missiles at him. And if he notices Izuku keeps dodging them, then he would resort to hax through either melting his bones, mind controlling him, or knocking him out with through unleashing a Subsonic Wave.
He woukd probavle trow his helicopter at deku first... And probable live

"Helicopters can weigh from 600 lb/275 kg all the way up to 123,400 lb/56,000 kg with every weight and size in between."

Well, Charles has higher lifting strength, so his Gravity Manipulation could also work to restrain Izuku since it’s affected Henry who is Class 25

Izuku's only ranged attack would be with Blackwhip. No one can explain how Izuku moves with Blackwhip and Float, since his movements while using those Quirks are always in Full Cowl. Which are vastly superior to his own base form, I can't explain how Izuku fights because he never fights without using his most basic ability.

There is also the issue that Izuku might not be able to use Quirks like Blackwhip without activating Full Cowl in the first place. Considering any time he uses Blackwhip, even when only shooting out a small amount of it, he activates Full Cowl. Maybe it's unconscious and he doesn't need to do it, but he's never used Blackwhip without Full Cowl.

He needs at least 5% to jump from wall to wall, his movement options are vastly different that I cannot speculate or say what he'd do.

Edit: Also doesn't help that Izuku has 8-B durability.

Off-Topic:
I have a question regarding Fa jin
It says "store kinetic energy from repeated movements within his body and then release that energy as a powerful burst of strength and speed" Can someone who is a very powerful absorption user absorb his Fa Jin and then shot it back like for example (like this) or his energy can not be absorbed at all ?
???

If the person in question can absorb power out of other people than, yeah no duh. In fact they can absorb all of his strength and not just Fa Jin.

Fa Jin doesn't shoot out energy beams, it just increases the power of his physical attacks. Think of Yang's Semblance from RWBY, if you are aware of that show. Just no fiery hair or eyes turning red. Also the energy he stores come from himself, and not other people.

Thanks for answering my question.....I guess.
Izuku does have resistance to Power Absorption, but it's more like power stealing. Trying to take away his ability itself, I don't know how OFA would react to something absorbing the power but not absorbing the Quirk itself. That isn't a thing in MHA as of yet.

Melt his bones Charles.

Charles should win this, regardless of any questions I have. Izuku doesn't have any attack that can take out Charles in a single go. So whenever Charles feels like his life is being threaten or whatever. All he has to do is uses his hax and this fight is over.

That's what I'm getting.

Melt his bones Charles.

Charles should win this, regardless of any questions I have. Izuku doesn't have any attack that can take out Charles in a single go. So whenever Charles feels like his life is being threaten or whatever. All he has to do is uses his hax and this fight is over.

That's what I'm getting.
Well, his to go move is crash thee helicopter, trough if hde notices deku isn't being damaged by the bullets and missles he would Go to hax probable

Still, I’ll be voting for Deku.

The only truly one shot hax here is bone melt, most others like gravity can be circumvented with fa-jins amps and mind manipulation is outright resisted here.
As rusty said above Charles will use it when his life is threatened
But Deku and Charles are in character here and while fight to the death was the goal They can still just go for a KO.

and in terms of that Deku wins, Fa-Jin can amp for a potnetional OHKO (as it stores energy, it could be released all at once).

Danger sense can help for any blinding effects, smokescreen can potentially be used to blind Charles but is probably useless, Blackwhip is the all in one general useage (spears out of rage, binding and throwing, while Charles has higher LS, they can still be used he just needs to break them) and float can just leave if things get dicey.

Still, I’ll be voting for Deku.

The only truly one shot hax here is bone melt, most others like gravity can be circumvented with fa-jins amps and mind manipulation is outright resisted here.
As rusty said above Charles will use it when his life is threatened
But Deku and Charles are in character here and while fight to the death was the goal They can still just go for a KO.

and in terms of that Deku wins, Fa-Jin can amp for a potnetional OHKO (as it stores energy, it could be released all at once).

Danger sense can help for any blinding effects, smokescreen can potentially be used to blind Charles but is probably useless, Blackwhip is the all in one general useage (spears out of rage, binding and throwing, while Charles has higher LS, they can still be used he just needs to break them) and float can just leave if things get dicey.
Calving would also go to hax the moment he notices he can't damage his oponent at all

Back