• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just woke up early to post and Dargoo is asleep so now I'm 100% gonna be passed out

"Greatest warrior of history" could just refer to being the most powerful. It's a pretty vague statement. Now, from what I know about Po from other matches- he does not open with his best abilities, and as has been said already Jack is pretty ******* skilled at handling Po's exact moveset.

I definitely am leaning towards Jack with this one with a pretty high diff, since they have a lot of equal qualities- but Jack has at some point dealt with pretty much all Po is willing to dish out.

Well I'd say that since among those warriors were many of different cultures that the statement is genuine. The best warriors in certain time periods.

Nico-v11 said:
It came from Demongo who throughout the ages has collected the souls of the greatest warriors around. Demongo was also one of Aku's best (who is eons old).
Also yeah Jack beats someone with Eons Of experience and lots of hax along with a massive AP gap.
If they're his summons, he has a pretty big reason to oversell them. Not denying they're skilled but 'the best around' seems like a hyperbole.

With a weapon designed specifically to beat him. Also, eons are unquantifiable, as is the experience he's had in those years. Being older =/= you're more skilled.

@Bambu Jack has to deal with Po's AP advantage and immense durability advantage (read the first post, scaling chain's there), own skill + unpredictability and lifting strength that allows Po to easily grapple Jack. Has he fought someone who's blinded him? Paralysed him? Made him forget how to fight properly? Even if he has, this doesn't give him a defence to these abilities, and although Po doesn't use them much of the time, he's more than skilled enough to realise that if his normal CQC isn't cutting it then he'll fire off these abilities. Plus he does BFR relentless opponents in character, and will get ample opportunities to do so with his lifting strength advantage.

I'm honestly liking the arguments for Po here. Best Jack has is arguably better skill, nigh invisibility, and jump good.

Whereas Po just need to disarm him and grab his finger, or use any of his plethora of abilities that more than make up for the skill gap.

Po FRA

If I'm counting right, we need just one more vote for the panda (7-5 currently)

Everyone is going to hate me for this, but I actually think Jack should take it more times than not FRA.

It's really close, but I feel Jack should edge out.

In case anyone's wondering, it says KFP 3 Po in the op but I've argued KFP 2 Po the whole time, so don't worry (KFP 2 Po was my original request for the brackets)

It's not a hyperbole. He collects souls of warriors. They are renowned warriors that are recognizable, that's the whole point. Aku is hundreds of years old and to say he's not skilled a very wrong. He's core being has fought Gods before. Jacks' weapon is not designed to kill those warriors btw because they are not evil, they were being controlled.

The AP advantage and durability doesn't mean much against someone like Jack. Unpredictability doesn't matter when you have someone who's gone against against such a ridiculous variance of enemies. If you think Po is going to even get close to disarming Jack then you are very wrong:

https://youtu.be/bBYXv97FuAY He gets ambushed and they don't stand a chance.

How are those attacks that Po has? He's not gonna have a good grasp ever throughout the fight, Jack blocks and evades the ranged attacks easily. Jack has experience with attacks from completely different places so attacks from portals aren't going to mean much (archers from before and Aku's own portal BFR and teleportation).

Besides does Po even have a counter to invisibility? Jack can just cut Po down easily from there or amp up while invisible.

Anyway can't count the first couple of votes seeing how that was prior to the clarification of Kung Fu Panda 2 and not 3.

My reasoning, which was what was FRA'd, was the very first post in the thread. It's based off of Po from Kung fu panda 2. The reasoning is legitimate.

You can't prove that they also didn't look at the profile on their own and saw the powers of Kung Fu Panda 3.

Btw how does the BFR to the spirit world work? Jack's got Atral Fighting that could counter.

"It's not a hyperbole. He collects souls of warriors. They are renowned warriors that are recognizable, that's the whole point."

Again, I never said they weren't skilled, I said they weren't the best. An evil demon is more likely to oversell his warriors/summons than not.

"Aku is hundreds of years old and to say he's not skilled a very wrong. He's core being has fought Gods before. Jacks' weapon is not designed to kill those warriors btw because they are not evil, they were being controlled."

Idk how skilled gods are, or how powerful, but being hundreds of years old doesn't make you skilled. Rayquaza, who was alive for millions upon millions of years, was agreed to be less skilled than a start-of-DBZ Goku, for reference.

"The AP advantage and durability doesn't mean much against someone like Jack. Unpredictability doesn't matter when you have someone who's gone against against such a ridiculous variance of enemies."

It really does matter when Jack will struggle to properly harm Po. From the fights you've shown me, Jack is not untouchable so the skill gap is not nearly enough for Jack to get a comfortable win. Also from what you've shown me, Jack is used to fighting skilled, conventional fighters (when he's not fighting evil demon things), so unpredictability does matter.

"How are those attacks that Po has? He's not gonna have a good grasp ever throughout the fight, Jack blocks and evades the ranged attacks easily. Jack has experience with attacks from completely different places so attacks from portals aren't going to mean much"

Idk where you're getting the portal thing from. They're also not projectile attacks that can be simply blocked. For example the golden lotus clap is just an omnidirectional burst of energy that makes you blind.

"Besides does Po even have a counter to invisibility? Jack can just cut Po down easily from there or amp up while invisible."

It's nigh-invisibility, Po can still see him, and from its description its not something he can just pull off mid-fight. Not without being grappled and/or BFR'd at least.

Nico-v11 said:
You can't prove that they also didn't look at the profile on their own and saw the powers of Kung Fu Panda 3.
Btw how does the BFR to the spirit world work? Jack's got Atral Fighting that could counter.
'Po FRA' means that they agree Po wins for the reasons above (mine)

Po flexes his pinky and sends you to the spirit realm. Unless Jack can project his spirit across physical realms then he can't counter that

"Standard Equipment: His sword. He wore a futuristic samurai armor and used a motorcycle, firearms, spear, explosives and a Tuning Fork Sword which he took from Scaramouche."

So uuuuuhhhhh my bad but I should have mentioned this sooner. That Tuning Fork Sword that Jack has fully negates durability. Whatever it slightly touches starts ringing and explodes via sound.....

It's also standard equipment from season 5.

...if he can blow someone up with a slight tap of a tuning fork, and has more than enough skill to get it off, I don't see how he's fair for these brackets tbh

I'd say it's fair because only his secondary weapon and the only one that currently negates durability. Him being skilled doesn't actually make something unfair from my understanding.

To my knowledge, no. He usually fights with his katana.

Actually, I don't remember him ever using this tuning fork sword. Is this the same one that Scaramouche owned?

So basically after taking it and like an episode or 2 later he blows up an entrance but loses it since he's badly injured and passes out.

So...it doesn't really matter, then.

Why is it even on his profile if he doesn't have it?

Same reason why other characters have weapons that they had at one point then at another point no longer do.

It was part of his standard equipment at one point however.

Nico-v11 said:
Same reason why other characters have weapons that they had at one point then at another point no longer do.
Except not only should we not allow something just because other profiles do it, but everyone here unanimously agrees that it shouldn't be standard equipment.

Plus, as TDP said, if he literally only used it once, and not even for combat, mind you, then it should be removed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back