• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
This was a CRT I was planning to make a while back, but became too busy to do so. To accompany this CRT, here is a sandbox of Po's profile that I have made. It touches upon several areas and includes most, if not all, of the relevant changes (note that it is a bit outdated).

Legends of Awesomeness Placement
So Legends of Awesomeness is a Nickolodeon series that ran from September 2011 to around 2014/2016. I've talked about how it is 100% main canon in the last CRT, here's what I said on that:

"As for LoA being canon, this link and this link prove that it is canon. I was planning to show these during the CRT I had planned, but oh well.

From the first, LoA is stated to be "a continuation of the first movie.", and the second movie is stated to be "not unlike a very long, super-deluxe 3-D version of one of our episodes". It also states that the animators "work with talented friends like Peter... and all of the talented people at DreamWorks Animation.", showing that the show is directly influenced by Dreamworks.

From the second, a quote from Bill Damaschke, Chief Creative Officer, DreamWorks Animation: "The awesome combination of hilarious comedy, non-stop action and beautiful story-telling is... also why we are thrilled to take our beloved franchise in exciting new directions together with Nickelodeon on Legends of Awesomeness".

So it's stated to be a continuation of the movies, co-produced by Dreamworks and the chief creative officer of Dreamworks directly states that the TV show is part of the Kung Fu Panda franchise. This is clear evidence that the LoA TV show is canon to the movies.
"

What's important here is the placement of Legends of Awesomeness in the Kung Fu Panda timeline. It definitely comes after Kung Fu Panda 1, and there is evidence to suggest it comes after Kung Fu Panda 2 as well. Po is treated as more of an ally in the series, whereas he's still somewhat trying to prove himself throughout KFP2. In the episode "Enter The Dragon", Po talks about having defeated Lord Shen, though this is the earliest and only reference to KFP2's events afaik. Chronologically the series started airing after Kung Fu Panda 2's release. Also, in another episode "Present Tense", the Winter Festival is referenced, showing it is at least a year on from Kung Fu Panda holiday special, which likely precedes KFP2 by half a year (Boss Wolf mentions it being halfway through the year then, and Present Tense comes after Enter The Dragon). It's also worth mentioning that there are several mini movies which act as prequels, and the Kung Fu Panda comics which likely come after LoA due to referencing LoA villains.

My Kung Fu Panda Timeline: "Secrets" shorts (e.g. Secrets of the Furious Five), Kung Fu Panda 1, Kung Fu Panda Holiday, Kung Fu Panda 2, Legends of Awesomeness (mostly chronological), Kung Fu Panda titan comics, Kung Fu Panda 3, Emperor's Quest, Paws of Destiny.

I'll probably write up a blog to explain it all in detail, but that's the important stuff for now. All this changes is that stuff from Kung Fu Panda 2 and from Legends of Awesomeness can be separated into distinct keys.

New Abilities
Surface Scaling: Tai Lung, and to a lesser extent Shifu, both demonstrated this ability in Kung Fu Panda 1, in Tai Lung's escape and in their fight. Kai demonstrated this when he scaled up to the Panda village. The Furious Five have all demonstrated this (Mind over Manners, other instances) bar Crane, and Po has demonstrated this (Present Tense, 12:41). Clips aren't available on Youtube sadly.
Water Walking: Viper can travel along bodies of water.
Light Manipulation: Po can create light constructs using his chi. Further supported by Paws of Destiny where characters can light up rooms with chi, and the wellspring is stated to be a source of light. Definitely Light Manipulation for Po, possibly for every other Chi user too.
Aura: Mastery of Chi Po is enveloped with a golden chi aura, also mentioned by Oogway. Clip: here.
Sense Manipulation: More of a reclassification, Oogway, Shifu and Po can perform the Golden Lotus Clap which would come under this.
Resistance to Electricity Manipulation: Po survived a lightning rod being channeled through his entire body in episode Mind Over Manners, and seemed generally unaffected by it. He was also relatively unharmed by Jian Tian's Tempest when Bian Zao had it in Youth in Re-Volt.
Limited Resistance to Fire Manipulation: Po held and reflected Shen's cannonballs, which were so hot that it caused Po's hand to light on fire. Although he was harmed when he noticed it, this seems to be played more as a gag. He also set citizen's hands on fire with a high five, which he was unaffected by.
Resistance to Body Puppetry: The Kung Shoes (in the episode of the same name) took control of Po's body, but when they started attacking his friends Po was able to resist and take back control of his own body.
Damage Boost: There are several instances of characters boosting their own physical attacks with chi to increase output. The most obvious example is Tigress' chi kick which staggered Kai, showing that even highly inexperienced chi users can use this ability. It should therefore to apply to all characters who use chi. Speaking of...
Healing: Kai was taught how to give chi, like Oogway, which can be used to heal others or bring plants back to life. In fact, that's how he developed his ability to take chi. It's just not in-character for him to use.
Attack Reflection: Crane is stated to be able to reflect his opponent's energy.

Optional Abilities: Not something that's new really, but Po has several techniques that he has learnt over the course of Legends of Awesomeness but can no longer use. These are the Fluttering Finger Mindslip, the Wings of Light and Nao Yuedu. These are all somewhat significant, each having an episode largely based around them, so it would be best to include them in the form of an "Optional Abilities" tabber.

Misc.: Oogway is confirmed to be over 1000 years old in the Art of Kung Fu Panda, and in the Paws of Destiny TV show.

Comic Abilities
The Kung Fu Panda comics should be considered a secondary canon imo, as they are stated to follow on from the first two movies and the TV show. If accepted, Po will get a Resistance to Sleep Manipulation for resisting the Mist of Morpheus. The Furious Five will also get this resistance. It also includes the Hundred Eyes Orb, which is a new piece of Optional Equipment for Po that grants him the ability to make 100 afterimages/illusions of himself.

Legends of Awesomeness AP
So lets get the AP ratings straight. The Furious Five and Po are currently 8-C for scaling above a young Master Tigress' rock bust, with Mantis, Fenghuang and Tai Lung all having destroyed a building to further back this rating up. However the peak 8-Cs are ridiculously beyond young Tigress' feat in terms of upscaling, for the simple reason that Po gets stronger throughout Legends of Awesomeness.
  • In the first episode of the series, Po barely beats Scorpion even with help from Monkey. In fact, the only reason why Po wins is because of a sneak attack, and even then all that allows the pair to do is escape from the fight with the Sun Orchid. Later on, in Love Stings, Po beats Scorpion despite being weakened by her poison (while he did use Dizzy Kung-Fu, that only allowed him to land hits better, he'd still be physically weaker than normal).
  • In the second episode of the series, Po faces off against Temutai. At this stage, he is unable to harm Temutai whatsoever and has to rely on using Temutai's own momentum to drive him into walls to beat him. However, in "Owl Be Back", Po easily defeats Temutai and his Qidan warriors by himself, sending Temutai flying into a mountain with a Thundering Wind Hammer.
  • There are also several instances after this, such as in "The Most Dangerous Po", where Po defeats numerous villains at the same time. Here, he held off Scorpion, Temutai and Hundun, who had all previously overpowered or contended with Po, along with Fung.
  • In "The Spirit Orbs of Master Ding", Tigress explicitly states that Po's kung-fu (referring to his skill + strength) have improved recently.
  • There are several instances where Po overpowers the Furious Five all at once, sometimes along with Shifu. In "Bad Po", Po accidentally splits himself into a good and evil version of himself, where the evil version no longer holds back. This bad Po easily beat Shifu, and then went on to defeat the Furious Five at the same time, even with the good Po helping out. In the comics, Lei Kung referred to him as a "main course", whereas the combined efforts of the Furious Five and Shifu were an "appetizer". In "The First Five", Po overpowers four members of the First Five, who before easily beat the current Furious Five. Note that Fenghuang was also among them when Po fought them, but she was restrained somewhat.
In terms of feats, Crane survives being struck by a lightning bolt in "Mind Over Manners", which is around an average of 5 billion joules (please correct me if there's a better value which we use). This was previously accepted during the forum move, but idk if our standards would allow for this currently. If they do, we use Scaling A from the Sandbox above.

We also have two other feats, both around 0.66 tons: Master Elephant destroying a boulder and Temutai using Jian's Tempest to destroy a large rock. Both would scale to Shifu, as he physically contended with Master Elephant and survived a hit from Jian's Tempest when Bian Zao used it. If Scaling A doesn't work, then we use Scaling B.

Higher Tier Scaling

There's also the issue of Kim the Invincible, who has a 2.7 ton feat. While Po did fight and defeat Kim, he had to weaken Kim first by feeding him an explosive in order to harm him. However, I believe that's part of Kim's "invincible" gimmick - his durability is far higher than his AP. Po was able to survive numerous hits from Kim, even when he was angry, without much lasting damage. It has also been shown that Po can somewhat harm himself during Legends of Awesomeness, like in "Bad Po" where Po had to harm himself in order to weaken the evil version of himself. Several enemies that Po can fight on par with, such as Fenghuang, can harm Po. He's still capable of taking more than he dishes out, but not to a large extent (I also plan to look at KFP3 Po's durability in another thread). He also knocked Kim off balance with his chains. It is also worth noting that Kim seems to be more casual when breaking open the wall of China then when fighting Po, especially during the latter half of their fight.

My suggestion is to scale End of Series Po's upper limit to Kim the Invincible. As shown in the sandbox, this is given as an "At least 8-C, likely up to High 8-C" for LoA Po, and an "At least 8-C, likely High 8-C" for KFP3 Po. This will also scale to end of series characters comparable to Po, such as end of series Fenghuang (She is shown to get stronger throughout the series, such as when she improved her talons to be able to cut through materials she was unable to previously + trained to learn 5 new impossible moves), and end of series Lidong (His strength is proportional to his size, and at his biggest natural size he stomped EoS Po). This would also mean High 8-C Mantis with the Gong Tau potion. Also High 8-C Lei Kung from the comics.

Speed Scaling
Again, as Po gets stronger, he also gets faster throughout LoA. Again, in "Owl Be Back", Po blitzes Temutai who was previously capable of keeping up with Po. An End of Series Po pushed several villains (including Temutai, Tong Fo, Fung etc) out of the way of a falling rock before any of them could react. As KFP2 Po has combat speed at Mach 2.2, and he gets far faster throughout LoA, it should be uncontroversial to suggest he gets Supersonic+ speed by the end of LoA. There's also a super casual Mach 1.5 speed feat performed by Kai, making Supersonic+ KFP3 even more likely. Scales to other EoS characters, such as Fenghuang, Kim the Invincible, etc.

Also, we know that Tigress is capable of casually catching arrows from the fight in Gongmen Tower. This has actually
been calced at Transonic (Mach 0.91) meaning that all Furious Five members and above are at least Transonic in terms of speed.

Conclusions
  • Legends of Awesomeness comes after KFP2, and can be separated into a distinct key for Po as he gets stronger throughout the series.
  • During LoA, Crane survived a lightning strike, and Shifu defeated Master Elephant, both of which can be used as new 8-C feats for scaling.
  • EoS Po survived attacks from Kim the Invincible, and can be considered comparable to him AP-wise as a high-end. Fenghuang and Giant Mantis scale.
  • The Kung Fu Panda Comics occur after LoA but before KFP3, and can be considered secondary canon.
  • Several characters gain several new abilities and resistances. Notably, all chi users get Damage Boost and Light Manipulation, and Kai gets access to all "standard" chi abilities (including improved range).
  • EoS LoA Po gets Supersonic+ speed, scales to other EoS and KFP3 characters, all Furious Five members and above get Transonic speed.

Note: As there's a lot of stuff covered here, I'll use the conclusions section to note which points have been sufficiently accepted.
7, mostly 8 in agreement currently

Last edited:
Also, since we have this common feat that other characters can do, shouldn't they get an upgrade as well?
Yeah, they'd scale to the Transonic end at least. I'll update the OP
I wonder if it’s possible to calc Crane’s feat from Crane on a Wire for speed.
You can actually see the northern mountain in the background from the Jade Palace when Fenghuang creates an avalance. So maybe it's possible by angsizing.

I'd also say Po's resistance to pressure points is more of an unconventional resistance, LoA showed that Po is vulnerable to pressure points if they come from opponents who know his physiology.

Move Flight via wings of light to optional equipment because Po only got it very briefly.

Otherwise sandbox looks good.

I'd also say Po's resistance to pressure points is more of an unconventional resistance, LoA showed that Po is vulnerable to pressure points if they come from opponents who know his physiology.

Move Flight via wings of light to optional equipment because Po only got it very briefly.
To be fair, Mantis knew Po's physiology in Kung Fu Panda 1 and it still took him like hundreds of acupuncture needles to hit the correct nerves. I think it's moreso LoA being a bit inconsistent. Or maybe that's a feat for Taotie, that his machine was so precise that it was able to hit Po's pressure points despite his natural resistance.

I think we could add a section to Po's profile for abilities he no longer has, such as the Wings of Light or the Fluttering Finger Mindslip, since both of those were erased from his memory. Or add them to an "optional equipments + abilities" tab.

To be fair I think there is an argument for Po relearning the mindslip, since he name drops the sacred scrolls in another episode, specifically about making tea (which was in the first scroll in the Mindslip episode).
But that’s more hypothetical.

To be fair I think there is an argument for Po relearning the mindslip, since he name drops the sacred scrolls in another episode, specifically about making tea (which was in the first scroll in the Mindslip episode).
But that’s more hypothetical.
It'd be funny if Po ended up repeating the whole episode again, since he forgot what happened when he abused the mindslip. It's likely he has read about it during his time in training since then, but there's no indication that would suggest so.

Other than that, are there any other abilities that would fall under the "used them in the past but no longer capable of using it" category?

The sword he got from the doll (has energy projection), and Nao Yuedu mind reading.
The dagger from Hall of Lame?

Nao Yuedu was the one I was thinking of yeah. I'll adjust the sandbox + op accordingly.

Alright, the sandbox + OP have been updated. I think an optional abilities tabber is the best way to go, so that the abilities that Po is forced to forget about aren't ignored entirely.

Surface Scaling: Tai Lung, and to a lesser extent Shifu, both demonstrated this ability in Kung Fu Panda 1, in Tai Lung's escape and in their fight. Kai demonstrated this when he scaled up to the Panda village. The Furious Five have all demonstrated this (Mind over Manners, other instances) bar Crane, and Po has demonstrated this (Present Tense, 12:41). Clips aren't available on Youtube sadly.
Water Walking: Viper can travel along bodies of water.
Limited Resistance to Fire Manipulation: Po held and reflected Shen's cannonballs, which were so hot that it caused Po's hand to light on fire. Although he was harmed when he noticed it, this seems to be played more as a gag. He also set citizen's hands on fire with a high five, which he was unaffected by.
Resistance to Sleep Manipulation for resisting the Mist of Morpheus. The Furious Five will also get this resistance. It also includes the Hundred Eyes Orb, which is a new piece of Optional Equipment for Po that grants him the ability to make 100 afterimages/illusions of himself.
Legends of Awesomeness AP
Higher Tier Scaling
Speed Scaling

This is fine.

Light Manipulation: Po can create light constructs using his chi. Further supported by Paws of Destiny where characters can light up rooms with chi, and the wellspring is stated to be a source of light. Definitely Light Manipulation for Po, possibly for every other Chi user too.
Can't read anything in the scan here.

Aura: Mastery of Chi Po is enveloped with a golden chi aura, also mentioned by Oogway.
Sense Manipulation: More of a reclassification, Oogway, Shifu and Po can perform the Golden Lotus Clap which would come under this.
Resistance to Electricity Manipulation: Po survived a lightning rod being channeled through his entire body in episode Mind Over Manners, and seemed generally unaffected by it. He was also relatively unharmed by Jian Tian's Tempest when Bian Zao had it in Youth in Re-Volt.
Resistance to Body Puppetry: The Kung Shoes (in the episode of the same name) took control of Po's body, but when they started attacking his friends Po was able to resist and take back control of his own body.
Healing: Kai was taught how to give chi, like Oogway, which can be used to heal others or bring plants back to life.

Scans for these?

This is fine, but you need to get a better resolution image of this. And upload the images to imgur or the wiki.

Imgur's forcing me to make an account to upload images now, I'll upload them to the wiki. Bit hard to get better quality though as the only access I have to the book it comes from is a youtube readthrough of it. I'll get clips for the LoA stuff in a bit too.

Aura: What it looks like, he has the same aura in the real world when his mastered chi is active.

Golden Lotus Clap: On the profile already, just we didn't have sense manipulation when it was made. I'll get a clip for it nonetheless.

Healing: Linked already, it is implied that Kai was taught how to give chi which can be used for healing, which is how he learnt to take chi.

Aura: What it looks like, he has the same aura in the real world when his mastered chi is active.

Golden Lotus Clap: On the profile already, just we didn't have sense manipulation when it was made. I'll get a clip for it nonetheless.

Healing: Linked already, it is implied that Kai was taught how to give chi which can be used for healing, which is how he learnt to take chi.
These are fine then.

Also I should mention that you'd need to add references as well as they are now mandatory.

And on the sandbox you should also utilize the tabber within tabber function for the "base" power and abilities tab in order to separate the keys better.

I've updated the light manip and Crane's attack reflection links, hopefully they're more readable now.

I've compiled some of the clips you were asking for on dailymotion, the password for each video is 'a'. I'll shorten the relevant parts into gifs for the profiles, naturally.

First video contains Crane surviving a lightning bolt, additional proof for Furious Five getting surface scaling, Po surviving a massive lightning strike and seeming mostly unharmed by it afterwards (a lot of his straining is due to having Nao Yuedu ripped out of his mind), Po reabsorbing Nao Yuedu and Po using this to cause a massive explosion thingy (could be a potential feat)

Second video contains some skill feats for Kung Shoes Po, him defeating the Furious Five, masters Chao and Shifu, him eventually resisting the Body Puppetry, as well as proof of Flight, Regeneration and Duplication for the shoes. Also Po taking out the Furious Five and Shifu in one body slam, though they were arguably weakened beforehand.

Nice, I'm just working on adding gifs and references to Po's profile. Once that's fully up to standards, it should be fine to apply these changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back