• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3PLsgp
Eighth round of the High 8-C Brackets Begins! The winner of the last round was Starman.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates the fighter was disqualified or was stomped)

Hub

The contenders for this round are Po (Kung Fu Panda), submitted by GyroNutz, and Samurai Jack (Character), submitted by Nico-v11.

Kung Fu Panda 2 Po w/out Chi is used. Jack has all his equipment. Speed is equalized, battle takes place in the panda village, 20m away.

Po scales above a 3.6 Ton feat, Jack is 4.2 Tons.

Po (Kung Fu Panda) - 15 (Drite, Gyro, Divine Phoenix, Anonymous, Iapitus, Ricsi, Jacky, Litentric, Calaca, ABoogie, Crimson, Velox, Arsenal, Insecurity, Nicokirby)

Samurai Jack (Character) - 15 (Nico, MrKing, Triforce, Ogbunabali, Mr. Bambu, Starter Pack, Kiryu, Overlord, Schnee, DVD, Ed, Psycho, Sayo, Arrogant, Versus)

Incon - 1 (Dragon)

Kfp3-po3
Samurai-jack-wide

GyroNutz said:
I'll probably be asleep when this match happens, going by the rate of the tourney. So I'll leave my argument here, if that's ok.
Jack's AP is 3.1 tons and his durability is 4.2 tons. Po's AP is far superior to Tai Lung's at this point, making him >>>> 3.6 tons. For reference, Master Croc (who scales to 3.6 tons) and Master Ox (his equal) were both defeated rather easily by Shen at the same time, and KFP 2 Po is stronger than Shen. Po's durability is far higher than that, as he tanked a cannonball which was able to one-shot Thundering Rhino while he was on-guard, who Shen said he had 'no chance' against (physically). In terms of stats, Po has a significant edge.

In terms of skill, Po has experience comparable to the Furious Five by now, who have trained in Kung Fu by the 'greatest teacher in China' for most of their lives. However, Jack definitely takes skill. 'master of nearly every form of armed and unarmed combat' is far above Po's skill, but he's not a million miles behind.

In terms of abilities, Po easily outclasses. Jack's best ability is his nigh-invisibility, which is certainly effective. However, Po has several ranged abilities which include stuff like paralysis inducement and blindness inducement. Also, if Jack gets too close, Po will be able to BFR him which he has done to relentless enemies before. Finally, Po's lifting strength advantage means that Po can grapple him if he comes too close, which neuters the invisibility.

All in all, a close match due to Jack's skill and nigh-invisibility, but Po has everything else.

As a heads up, there will be a delay from this match and the next because I require sleep.

Alright, sweet. Bambu is asleep too, so it wouldn't be fair to post his bad boi while our sweet panda slumbered

I do want to point out that this is a lot further into Jack's court than some might think.

Jack may not have a huge list of abilities, but the few that Po has are effectively things that Jack has dealt with in spades throughout his series, or are largely null to begin with. Things like energy manipulation (replace "energy" with "chi", here), flight, fire, electricity and even being blinded are all things he has dealt with in the past, and the only two abilities which he hasn't are sealing and paralysis, neither of which are super IC.

Po even landing a hit on him is going to be extremely difficult. There are many, many fights in SJ where Jack is shown to be downright untouchable thanks to his sheer combat skill, including at least two where he had to fight against Aku and a good number where he was up against multiple enemies at once. Things like the Wu Xi Finger Hold are moot thanks to this; Po is getting his arm sliced off if he tries something like that on Jack.

Jack can also amp his strength if he needs to, and said amp basically gave him the power to one-shot something he couldn't even scratch with his AP before. Po having a half-decent AP and dura advantage from the outset (if even that) won't matter if Jack decides to do that.

I don't think Jack takes it in every scenario, but I would say he wins more times than not. He's far too skilled and has defeated numerous other opponents with similar powers and skillsets to what Po is bringing, and if he amps his AP, the Dragon Warrior can kiss his destiny goodbye.

Jack absolutely demolishes in terms of skill. There's also flight and extra durability with the space suit.

Honestly Jack has so much more versatile experience that this shouldn't be a problem for him at all, he's taken on entire armies by himself, Aku, and the greatests hunters in the universe. He continuously blocks ranged attacks as well.

Voting Jack, I don't see how he's gonna even get hit honestly.

Anyway, my arguments above were for KFP 2 Po, so I guess I'll continue from there.

Yes Jack is skilled, but he won't be 'untouchable', given how Po is:

• Stronger and far more durable, giving him many opportunities to hit Jack
  • Has his own skill which is pretty damn high for most characters
  • Is an unpredictable fighter which allowed him to completely overwhelm Tai Lung, a prodigy with decades of experience + one who had mastered the thousand scrolls of Kung fu.
Finally, a small thing, but if this happens at the Panda village then Po gets a home court advantage, especially since he's used the terrain to his advantage in his other fights.

Nico-v11 said:
Jack absolutely demolishes in terms of skill. There's also flight and extra durability with the space suit.
Space suit isn't standard equipment

1. Jack has taken on much more powerful opponents than himself no problem, also he can amp his AP.

2. Jack has taken on multiple opponents of Po's skill all at once and easily come out on top.

3. Jack also destroys Tai Lung, plus he's faught very unpredictable opponents such as a robot that moves weapons with its voice. Jack fighting unpredictable opponents is a very common thing.

4. Place doesn't matter too much here.

1, 2 and 3: You're not giving any examples here for your arguments. The robot thing isn't really what I meant by unpredictable either.

4: It's a small advantage, but it gives Po an edge.

Space suit isn't standard equipment

True yet it's still on his list of powers and abilities.

Yeah, that's fair. Other characters like Crash or Mighty have powers and abilities from items they find in levels, but the abilities they get from said items aren't usable in vs battles due to being, well, items you find in levels and not standard equipment.

GyroNutz said:
1, 2 and 3: You're not giving any examples here for your arguments. The robot thing isn't really what I meant by unpredictable either.

4: It's a small advantage, but it gives Po an edge.
1. More powerful opponents: Aku, Lava Monster (was a very well renowned Viking king before becoming a monster), Goddess of Water (along with two other Goddesses at the same time)

2. Demongo summoned hundreds of the most powerful warriors in history to fight Jack all at the same time, Jack won.

3. Jack based on feats alone is superior to Tai Lung. Defeated an army of hundreds of robot beetles, an army of the greatest warriors in history, defeated 3 archers that destroyed another robotic army with only arrows without letting them get even 100 meters close (he beat them while blind folded), and defeated the Daughters of Aku who's sole purpose of birth was to kill Jack and spent 20 straight years of brutal daily training to accomplish this (Jack beat them 6 on 1).

Also, I looked up the fight where Jack calls upon his ancestors for power. He's a sitting duck while trying to amp his sword, as you can see here.

1. How did he take on 6-Bs and Hig 6-As with no problem?

2.Were each of those 'most powerful warrior' comparative to Jack in terms of AP? Also, did they specify they were the most skilled or simply the strongest?

3. Tai Lung's feats seem pretty similar, beating up to a thousand armed, trained guards and defeating the furious five (casually) who were trained for protecting against threats like Tai Lung. The blindfolded feat is superior though

Nico-v11 said:
He'll when he sees it fit to do, regardless he doesn't need it.
If he's relying on skill to keep the pressure up, he won't get a chance to do it whatsoever, at least not without being swiftly defeated

1. Durability negation on his sword and not getting hit once.

2. Yes. Greatest in general.

3. Jack has repeated feats of eliminating armies and is MUCH superior to an ally of his who defeated an army that is thousands in number.

If he's relying on skill to keep the pressure up, he won't get a chance to do it whatsoever, at least not without being swiftly defeated

I already put before that he's defeated opponents that are physically superior to himself. Like the Lava Monster.

I'll clarify that he didn't defeat the Water Goddess in combat but he was able to contend with her and her two sisters (no profiles for them here) while the objective being to steal a jewel. Regardless that's very impressive.

GyroNutz said:
Nico-v11 said:
He'll when he sees it fit to do, regardless he doesn't need it.
The goddess of water I don´t know how he defeat it (I didn´t know he fight her)

But he is able to defeat aku because his sword is super effective againts evil beings,so Aku is vastly stronger but with pure skill and a sword like that,Jack can defeat him

But i won´t vote both could win in my opinion

Nico-v11 said:
1. Durability negation on his sword and not getting hit once.

2. Yes. Greatest in general.

3. Jack has repeated feats of eliminating armies and is MUCH superior to an ally of his who defeated an army that is thousands in number.
The fights I've seen of Jack, he's been hit before. Besides, a durability negating sword that won't work on Po will not close the immense durability gap.

I agree that Jack is superior in skill, but feat wise he's not light years ahead of Po in terms of skill. Given the reasons I stated beforehand, he should still take this.

The AP difference is not much at all. You said Jack was 3.1 but he's actually 3.9. Again Jack has defeated opponents that are much higher in terms of physique without the durability negation either.

Ashi was literally steamrolling through them. That's not a skill feat, that's just taking out a bunch of complete fodder.

Jack was getting hit and injured despite having enough AP to one-punch each daughter. His skill shown is definitely impressive, but still you can't use that as evidence that he'll be 'untouchable' in combat.

Nico-v11 said:
The AP difference is not much at all. You said Jack was 3.6 but he's actually 3.9. Again Jack has defeated opponents that are much higher in terms of physique without the durability negation either.
Jack's feat is 3.1 tons. He has a 4.2 ton durability feat, and someone who is superior to Jack has a 3.9 ton feat.

Tai Lung is 3.6 tons, but Po is way above that (given that this is after the whole of Legends of Awesomeness + KFP 2) and his durability scales even further above that (survived an attack that one-shot someone on-guard who Shen stands no chance against, Shen being superior to 3.6 tons).

Even if he isn't untouchable you fail to realize that he can take hits and dish out MANY more much more efficiently and lethally.

Tai Lung quite literally did same thing as he fought pure fodder yet you use that as a skill feat.

Btw this is a much better video of Ashi vs the army:

https://youtu.be/UtfoPTMHMlY

Each of those rhinos should be more skilled than the people in that army. They also had the capability to harm Tai Lung, but he dodged their every attempt. But still, I don't usually use that feat, as him beating the Furious Five at once while casual is a far, far more impressive feat. Quantity << Quality.

What I saw from that fight was that he had good dodging, but got off less attacks than even individual sisters yet could still one-shot them with a single, albeit well placed, punch. Jack won't have the ability to come close to one-shotting Po, even if he gets an amp off most likely (which he can't) and has no way to cheese his durability either.

Nico-v11 said:
Then how about quantity and quality when he fought the greatest warriors of history?
Sure, but to be fair, 'greatest warriors in history' is a pretty common boast/hyperbole. Depends who the statement comes from I suppose

It came from Demongo who throughout the ages has collected the souls of the greatest warriors around. Demongo was also one of Aku's best (who is eons old).

Also yeah Jack beats someone with Eons Of experience and lots of hax along with a massive AP gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back