• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"relentless opponents"

So there's a good chance he won't use it until it is too late.

Mr. Bambu said:
"relentless opponents"
So there's a good chance he won't use it until it is too late.
He didn't use it until Tai Lung had the everloving crap beaten out of him by Po, or until Kai had already pretty much defeated Po. Tai was practically immobilized in the first instance, Po surprised Kai in the second. Grabbing the pinkie of a trained swordsman in the middle of combat is pretty unrealistic, just saying.

Po - 12 (Drite, Gyro, Divine Phoenix, Anonymous, Iapitus, Psycho, Ricsi, Jacky, Litentric, Calaca, ABoogie, Crimson)

Jack - 6 (Nico, MrKing, Triforce, Ogbunabali, Mr. Bambu, Starter Pack)

Dargoo Faust said:
He didn't use it until Tai Lung had the everloving crap beaten out of him by Po, or until Kai had already pretty much defeated Po.
He also tried to lead with it against Kai, but it didn't work.

Oh, and I half-remember there being a time in Legends of Awesomeness where he used it. Don't quote me on that tho

So yeah my vote for Jack stands since Po's win-con seems pretty iffy

Po - 12 (Drite, Gyro, Divine Phoenix, Anonymous, Iapitus, Psycho, Ricsi, Jacky, Litentric, Calaca, ABoogie, Crimson)

Jack - 7 (Nico, MrKing, Triforce, Ogbunabali, Mr. Bambu, Starter Pack, Kiryu)

Jack via higher skill, invisibility, better fighting mindset, stat amps and possibility to easilly OHK if he decide to use the Tuning Sword

Jack - 8 (Nico, MrKing, Triforce, Ogbunabali, Mr. Bambu, Starter Pack, Kiryu, Overlord)

Overlord775 said:
possibility to easilly OHK if he decide to use the Tuning Sword
What?

The tuning fork only works on rock and metal; nothing says it would ignore dura on a flabby panda.

Overlord775 said:
I would assume that if it can explode a temple it could do the same to a perso
That doesn't make sense, though. That wouldn't mean it ignores durability when the person in question can also survive said explosion.

Even then, the fork works through the sound it releases; surfaces like flesh wouldn't really cause the tuning fork to vibrate like it does when it strikes hard surfaces.

Honestly it negating durability in general in questionable.

Jack - 9 (Nico, MrKing, Triforce, Ogbunabali, Mr. Bambu, Starter Pack, Kiryu, Overlord, Schnee)

^ He ain't wrong. It's just like how immense sound can cause crystal structures like glass to shatter but not actually ******* explode a human being.

Eh... ah... I dunno what to do the arguments for both are really good and I wanna vote inconclusive cause I can't decide I don't know what to do somebody help me I'm just a little boi

Overlord775 said:
Glass is quie fragile tho
and the soundwaves made a giant stone temple literally blow up
Alright. Quartz? Literally any crystal?

Vibrations affect stuff on certain levels. Stuff that works on stone or crystals won't inherently work on a complex organism like a human being.

Jack - 11 (Nico, MrKing, Triforce, Ogbunabali, Mr. Bambu, Starter Pack, Kiryu, Overlord, Schnee, DVD, Ed)

IT IS TIME

FOR ZA COINFLIPPO

Nico-v11 said:
Most of these abilities that Po has that are so good aren't very in character and are difficult to pull off to begin with, much hard when against someone like Jack.
That was one of my major points, in my vote.

This is not viable against an opponent who's not only much more skilled (we're talking the same guy who killed an entire group of bounty hunters/assassins before a drop of water could hit the ground), but also far less likely to tire himself out due to possessing far more stamina. (Which was a major part of why Po landed it on Tai Lung in the first place)

There's also the matter of normal, no-situational attacks already being unlikely to hit Jack, due to him being far better in combat than Po and having shown more than enough agility and combat awareness to avoid 90% of what Po could actually do to him.

Jack's skill advantage is pretty significant. And it's going to be difficult for Po to use his trump card against someone who uses a sword.

Although with superior LS it seems plausible for him to catch the blade in between his hands and disarm Jack. I'm fairly certain he's done so before.

Not to mention Kai was quite a bit more skilled than Po as well yet he was able to get the WFH off the first time all the same, even if it didn't work on Kai.

Po - 13 (Drite, Gyro, Divine Phoenix, Anonymous, Iapitus, Ricsi, Jacky, Litentric, Calaca, ABoogie, Crimson, Velox, Arsenal)

Jack - 12 (Nico, MrKing, Triforce, Ogbunabali, Mr. Bambu, Starter Pack, Kiryu, Overlord, Schnee, DVD, Ed, Psycho)

Kai was also particularly arrogant, and at least one of the times Po did it, he straight up let it happen just so that he could mock Po afterwards. Hell, even in the scene I linked, Po had to pull the old "look over there!" trick on him.

Trying to catch Jack's sword is also probably going to result in Po getting his arm sliced off, but even if it doesn't, he's shown to be just as skilled in H2H as he is with any weapon. (Which makes sense, seeing as he's trained in several martial arts disciplines since his youth, not just sword combat)

...Actually, is this Jack pre-Season 5, or post-Season 5? If it's the latter, then he's carrying around a few laser weapons at this point in the story and knows perfectly well how to use them, so even if he loses his sword, he has other options.

Tch, I leave for a few hours and it's inconclusive again.

@Dargoo can you please specify in the OP that this is KFP 2 Po, like I originally suggested. All the reasoning I've given thus far is taking KFP 2 Po into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back