• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Round 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3PLsgp
Twenty-fifth round of the High 8-C Brackets Begins! The winner of the last round was the Gash and Kiyomaru.

The winner of this round will progress to the semifinals.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates the fighter was disqualified or was stomped)

Hub

The contenders for this round are Kei Kurono, submitted by Therefir/FloweryAlex, and Han Jee-Ha, submitted by Ricsi-viragosi.

Company Arc Han and Gantz Suit Kei is used. Speed is equalized, battle takes place in these ruins starting at 20m away.

Han is 0.66 Tons with some 5.35 Ton spells, Kei is .8 Tons with a 6.07 To weapon.

Han Jee-Ha -

Kei Kurono -

Incon -

Kurono Kei Art
Jee-han-han-56255

both of their faces upset me in this artwork

Mr. Bambu said:
both of their faces upset me in this artwork
beheaded, starman, and neo will be the people's champions against anime

I unironically expect Neo to win due to weird combustion

Neo only uses it once in-character to finish a guy off, tho, and it reqiures him sprinting directly into the enemy

About this fight.

I'm pretty sure Han's mana barriers can block most of the stuff Kei has, while homing danmaku rekts him.

I mean, that was the reason i vote for him against Renamon, but he could use against her, if he need i guess

Neo winning against Renamon was mostly Neo managing to resist the soul/mind shenanigans and spamming bullets while flying.

How strong are Han's mana barriers? I doubt they can stop the Gantz Sword, Kei could also shoot Han with the X-Shotgun (which makes the target explode from the inside) from miles away while using his invisibility, and the Controller can show him where Han is at any time.

There are 3 layers of barriers, each somewhat above Han's feat listed in the OP.

Exploding him from the inside doesn't mean much unless aimed to the head because Gamer's Body. And I doubt that X-Gun can get past all his barriers at once, and Han can re-make them.

Gnome should be able to feel him while invisible too.

The Gantz Sword can cut through beings much stronger than other beings who can withstand multiple shots from the Z-Gun, which is 6.07 tons.

The X-Shotgun has destroyed things much larger than Han, so shooting him in the body or head wouldn't matter, although I'm not sure it can get through Han's barriers, but it should be able to at least destroy them very easily.

But can he feel invisible people from miles away?

I mean, don't they start 20 meters away? Unless Gantz has some way to amplify his speed past what Han can do, it's very doubtful he's getting that far out of range.

Well, yeah, but not only would he have to deal with danmaku to get close, but even then the blow would be danpened enough to not matter too much.

Yeah it would. The main problem for Han would be his brain being destroyed, 6 tons is hardly enough to rip through all of his body and destroy the brain.

Gnome can tell, yeah. Not sure about his personal enchanted senses.

Also, Kei will be drawn in (relatively) close range by ID Barriers, since Han prefers to fight in pocket dimensions.

@Litentric Teon I thought they started four kilometers away? Or was that changed?

@Ricsi-viragosi The X-Shotgun can completely destroy things much stronger than 6.07 tons, so it should be able to destroy Han's entire body.

It's in the OP. 20 meters.

Ah, I mistook the calc for it's own. Regardless, I don't see Kei getting through Han's barriers and him just dodging before homing attacks and Gnome get to him.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
It's in the OP. 20 meters.

Ah, I mistook the calc for it's own. Regardless, I don't see Kei getting through Han's barriers and him just dodging before homing attacks and Gnome get to him.
Oh, I didn't see that, yeah with that starting range I doubt Kei would be able to dodge Han's homing attacks, though he can try to use the second level of invisibility (which makes him completely invisible to beings who can feel people in the first level of invisibility).

@Nico-v11 It's a shame the X-Weapon can only shoot three times at once instead of four, I guess Han would be able to create another three barriers before the X-Weapon recharges.

I generally use 20m as it gives ranged fighters a chance to do their gig while also making it so that melee and h2h fighters have somewhat of a chance of closing distance and fighting properly. Apologies if that gives any character an advantage.

@Dargoo

In this case, I think it would be a stomp otherwise. Han would be unlikely to even identify his enemy before he's one shot.

If there's only three shots, then the three barriers Han uses are, funny enough, the perfect counter. Though I feel like he'll keep up more than 4 after all three get one shot. He wouldn't want such a shot to hit his body, Gamer's body or no.

I'm also pretty sure Gnome will feel him just because he's making contact with the ground. How invisible he is won't matter if his feet are still touching the earth. And once Han identifies him he can likely bombard him. Or maybe pretend to be surprised and charge up a spiral mana bomb as a distraction while Gnome does something else.

I'm not sure if this is fair, if Han's Danmaku is 5.35 tons, then Kei's normal suit would be destroyed almost instantly by the large number of attacks, and using his hard suit key is also probably unfair because the suit is almost immune to attacks much stronger than 6.07 tons.

I mean, Han wins the fights.

Danmaku is just too effective against glasscanons.

Pretty sure he proceeds here.

TBH, Han just seems pretty OP, but not that OP that will get him out of the brackets. If dargoo agrees that this is a stomp, than we can proceed

I guess this could be called a stomp by virtue of Han having Danmaku fighting against a glass cannon.

I guess I'll do a coinflip since it's a stomp one way or the other depending on the key used.

Han is moving on btw

rolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back