• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Gamer Plays Something New

Moritzva

The Blood Goddess
Joke Battles
Content Moderator
Thread Moderator
Han Jee-Ha:

Big Dog (Nuclear Throne):

Inconclusive:

Big Dog is casually around 2.6 tons with regular attacks (via upscaling from Big Bandit, who does around as much with a charge), higher with missile explosions, and durability that has absolutely nutty upscaling compared to other Mutants.

Han is 0.66 tons with some 5.35 ton spells, so I believe.

High 8-C forms for both (Which is also 8-C durability for Han).

Speed Equalized. Sharp Teeth is restricted.

Battle takes place in a Nevada desert.

I think Han Observe would gleam a lot of infos onto the Big Dog here.

I assume that Big Dog first move is to spam Danmaku?

Pretty much, yes. And it'll be a bit of a bitch, too, since as a mutant, he shoots twice as many, faster, and the missiles also shoot more danmaku and home in.

His durability is... really hard to quantify? Mutants are up to High 8-C, Crystal is the second most durable (to use game mechanics as reference, with Rhino Head, she has 14 HP, while other mutants have 12), but Big Dog, using game mechanics... has 300. So yeah, really hard to quantify where his durability actually stands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKd6JNgsXT4

Is this it for Danmaku..? Cuz that doesn't really seem impressive.

I also don't see how the dog can get around Han just ducking underground for ten minutes whenever his mana barriers are about to break.

Besides that, homing attacks, gnome moving earth around, and forcefields are a pretty big edge to hold.

The Boss Fight is weak as ****.

As a Mutant, you amp it up a lot. Namely, with faster danmaku, twice as much, and missiles that *actually* home in and shoot danmaku. So it gets way harder. Big Dog's boss fight is really easy.

...because Big Dog was a playable character.

As for digging underground, missiles are actually known for utterly obliterating the environment (take this from someone who played a lot of Big Dog), so that won't work too well.

Can you link something for reference?

Han can go a mile underground. If those explosions worked that deep, it wouldn't be High 8-C.

Ah, right. A mile down.

That probably would be a problem. I forgot how far he went down. Admittedly, Big Dog would probably have some time to recover up with Bloodlust (Though... Actually, it may just be game mechanics to assume he could, although Bloodlust does work on killing robots), and slowly recover back up in the meantime.

This definitely seems like the battle will take a very long time, though. Big Dog can tank one hell of a beating, and Han's barriers will go down pretty quickly, but whenever he gets low on MP, he can just run the **** away and gain some mana back, before coming back up to try and continue.

He could also just use mana potions, since he has them...

Even tough they never were used once in the webcomic... even when he is low on mana and smart enough to memorize the meaning of every possible sentence in english without learning the language...

I know. But, if he hasn't used them in the webcomic (which I don't recall him doing so), he likely won't on the spot.

However, nothing stops him from just going underground and regenning naturally.

So, if Big Dog can also recover...

Well, Han will still either outlast it or level up his skills enough to beat it. As long as he keeps clear of radiation, he should be fine.

I presume that his Info Analysis will tell him to not touch it, yes. This seems... close, though. On one hand, one mistake means that Han is irrevocably paste, and explosions will make it difficult. On the other hand, Big Dog is... big, and his Bloodlust regen isn't exactly ultra efficient.

I support both verses so I win either way.

Well, for now I'll vote for Han.

I wish I could find proper oponents for his newer keys, but in his last few dozen battles he always fought differently for no reason. Even some of his passives stopped existing out of nowhere.

Yeah, not to mention,

Nothing is ******* happening.

Like, the past half a year and basically nothing has been accomplished in-story besides flexing on fodder and base building.

Now they started fighting some other random dude, some more random powers were thrown in for them, Lolikiano and everyone else is being retroactively retconned to be leagues stronger, and the celestial thousands are being thrown around over and over for effect as if they ever did anything but get beaten by Han.

Starting to get real annoyed.

"Oh noo, The Gamer will definitely lose against this random threat I've never heard of before! Maybe having Han beat and impress every single goddamn established character within 200 strips was a pretty bad idea!"

Back