• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Finale

Considering all the AP boosting gear The Beheaded has, i think his other matches in the turnament should be considered AP stomps

Ricsi-viragosi said:
That is 8-B.

You are arguing for something that gets him disqualified. Yeah, it might be true, but still.
If we are talking mid-game than I think that the beheaded might be place in just 8-C. Near the end of game I think that he is capable of consistently getting high 8-C feats. Everything that I have been talking about (as I stated above) are Best Case Scenarios where everything is perfect. I don't think that the Beheaded should be in 8-B since I don't believe that in game he would be able to consistently get near this level.

@Foureyez

Thanks! Wonder why that doesn't have an item page? Weird.

But yeah that's not gonna be good in here though.

@Overlord

Wait.... Is Han gonna win by disqualification? That's.... kinda disappointing. But if he's on a level that puts him at an AP always above the enemies well... Restricting those maybe can help?

Bonus Calc

If Han gets his Zombie Slayer of 30% bonus dmg, and the dual staff improving his damage + 50% (Since 2 x 25% is 50%) that's an 80% increase and if that's active with his Three Cheon-Bu's Three Skills on his profile or his Ultimate move, his 5.35 tons becomes 9.63, enough to surprass Beheaded without other stat ampers.

That said, this is going by the fact that it's just stacking up stats and disregarding Han's level up and natural strengthening. After all his basic arrows was able to harm the giant golem with the use of his wands and without the Three Skills. His Rasenshurike- I mean Spiral Mana Bomb would be very much stronger than that.

@Foureyez

I'm afraid there's only one key for Beheaded.

Either we dismiss those feats which I don't really like since that seems a betrayal of character or we bump him up.

That... isn't really how it works.

The thing that he gets his rating from isn'tt that end-game, and even if it was that is not enough reasoning for him to not cross the 50% with stat amps.

The only thing you could argue is that the calc is an outlier, which I disagree with, and would still get him disqualified.

If we Dismiss the feats than I think it might be Incon, Han's flying would put him at an advantage since the Beheaded Has no range weapons that disregard shields, also the Beheaded can't really fly (With wings of the Crow he hovers not flies and I don't see any other instances where he can fly). I also believe that Han would not be able to deal enough damage to the beheaded since he could just parry all the shots back forever since stamina doesn't really apply to him.

The keyword there is IF. I am not saying we should or Shouldn't I am just saying what I think would happen IF we choose to disregard those feats and go with a regular mid-game Beheaded.

@Four

When stomps happen, the one stomping generally passes on, so i don't think that's the case

Also Dargoo didn't put a rule on stats boost, so i don't think there's anything that would make The Beheaded be disqualified

If this is meant to be a battle between High 8-C characters then we should at the very least make sure that the beheaded scales down to High 8-C Rather than let him have feats that place him at 8-B.

Having 8-B stuff would do it, overlord. It shouldn't need to be pointed out that in a high 8-C bracket, High 8-C stuff should be used.

And no. Han stomped kei, we still had a toss of a coin.

Having 8-B feats doesn't necessarily means that the beheaded wins, if Han was giving prior knowledge and had enough prep-time then maybe he could win against the Beheaded (he has fought opponents stronger than himself and won before).

If he has prior knowledges he bfr-s.

If given prep, he gies to train with Loli and becomes 8-A.

If given both, he rolfs so goddamn hard.

@Risci earlier

Yeah I was just kinda hoping that the AP gap doesn't make it unfair. I was dreaming.

@Foureyez latest post

Issue is we don't give out prep time in final fights.

Okay so I just got back from work and I'm dead-ass tired (#MidnightShiftLife) but lemme give some basic stuff.

The 4x stuff is legit but for the purposes of this bracket I figure we'd just block it from being used to the point of hitting 8-B since we can neg abilities that grant higher tiers. If that sort of stat amping is allowed then yeah for all intents and purposes Beheaded can manually amp himself (albeit not permanently) into 8-B. I don't think we use that on profiles though unless we do "Higher".

I think someone mentioned Beheaded isn't undead in a traditional sense and just a collection of cells. If Han's life-drain works on a cellular level species then that's something I s'pose.

The potions bit, as said, isn't helpful when a "war of attrition" (good use of the phrase) will lead to Han being paste.

If we're being technical I've been being lazy on making a CRT for Dead Cells. Their lifting strength is supposed to be scaled to Hand of the King, but I made his profile last and never went with a CRT. That'd be Class 25 for reference if you don't wanna look up the page, at approaching 11 metric tons.

The resistance to projectiles works on the ectoplasmic spiritual ghost things in The Gallows so yeah I see no reason why it wouldn't work on "soul juice".

The issue with the 300% weapon is that he might not switch to that. Like there are other mechanically more useful weapons (ice bow is best bow).

If we're allowing Han stat-amping to literally less than a ton from the peak of High 8-C I don't see the issue with allowing stat amping into the next tier. Like yeah it gives you AP advantage but the base character is indeed High 8-C. The main argument now seems to be disqualifying Beheaded so Han can win by default which I obviously hold reserves for.

Gonna say now a disqualification is something I don't approve of either. That's why I was repeatedly said it's a better idea to bar that. Even then though I think this is a bit of a sudden thing to find out about. I'll leave it for Dargoo but I don't want a fight to end like that for sure.

Well considering that people almost say it's an AP stomp without stat amp for Han I think it's only fair that Han can push himself up. Even then I question the legitimacy of the 400% boost thing.

Also midnight shifts sucks, sorry to hear mate. Rest now if needed.

To address

I'm gonna have to say that revision is important so that's probably needed for an update. Also, I do remember that if we neg abilities or restrict certain feats we often end up unable to add the fight to either side. Doesn't benefit anyone. Weird rule and honestly I feel like it should be fine but oh well.

Except he doesn't get oneshotted into paste especilaly with Cheon-Bu scaling that now puts him at close AP to the current stats of Beheaded. Alongside the fact that he still has numerous barriers at a closer level now.

That's not bad. But a bit of an issue when Han's TK is kinda Class K.

>Resistance to projectiles

That... still sounds awfully like resistance to spiritual things.

Sounds like a cool thing. That said yeah unlikely to be the focused.

I'm gonna have to argue the validity of this considering Headless is not only already at the very high edge of High 8-C without stat amps but he also looks down on a lot of characters in terms of raw power here. Also the main argument isn't exactly about disqualifying. Well that might be Risci's focus but more about the validity of allowing the stat ampers. I'm also not supportive of disqualification on finishing this fight.

With Han's closer tier now, Beheaded is gonna have to deal with close to his level damage from all sides, while still dealing with terrain shifts, and tethers at the same time. And that's if Han doesn't do a Fool's Dance or use TK to hold him still.

Even TKing to hold him still doesn't negate summons and turrets still attacking with the same potency tho.

Gome covering them up with Earth or tossing them off the landscape should be able to handle that. Well except summons I asked you earlier about them too. What do they do?

Also a barrage of mana arrows on them would probably be another option. They're also exp options for Han. I don't think they have the same stats as Headless so that might be a bit of an issue.

They attack. IIRC it's generally just a horde of evil little shitheads that run at/through enemies, mowing them down.

They can harm the same bosses so yeah they have roughly comparable.

Gotcha. That's more effective than turrets. I'm guessing they're mostly melee? If they run around the best way to get rid of them would be to trap them. They're probably as damaging as Beheaded then (Why do I keep changing from Beheaded and Headless) but not as tanky. I don't see how a Mana Arrow Bombardment won't stop them.

Summon vs Summon War would be interesting though so Gnome can likely handle them. If she took care of the turrets one of the things she could do is cause pillars to grow and elevate Han so that he can bombard enemies from afar, but considering he'll know how Beheaded acts, at that point making pits would be the better option.

@Lit

Everyone agreed, while I got cut off from responding and Risci hasn't shared his two cents yet. That feels kinda like it's dismissing Risci's argument which I can't help but feel is a bit... idk unfair?

Also no one was talking about how Han could Cheon-Bu himself to closer stat levels to Beheaded.

Even with all that, Risci literally already said that Beheaded wins, so why would anyone come back to change their vote?

Bambu also didn't ignore Risci, and addressed their points. I don't see how it's that unfair.

Han's stat amping is what makes him physically 5 tons. His body doesn't go up from there much at all.

He didn't keep the wands, so his magic only really would get the boost from undead slayer, since his ability has the habit of just taking everything remotely similar under the same effects (His mana is equalized to mental energy, physical energy, reality warping energy, thought power, imagination, and energy from another dimension).

Still, as I said, beheaded wins. Though, the 8-B thing really needs to be put there.

Oh what? Risci said he wins? Ah well. Thought he wasn't.

The only other issue now is the validity of the 8B aspect. To clarify it's more about the issue of this being saved on the profiles. Not about whether that is a disqualify or not. It's up to Risci and you guys imo to say if it is.

Beheaded - 17 (Bambu, Pixel, Litentric, Edward, Christian, Inverted, Jacky, Versus, Iapitus, MrKing, FourEyez, Drite, Sayo, Arrogant, Overlord, DaBigP, Ciruno)

I feel like we can safely say The Beheaded has snabbed first place in the High 8-C Brackets.

I will be taking a break from the brackets after this likely until Spring Break so I can focus more of studying and revisions here.

However, feel free to discuss about the next bracket on this thread, and I will post a poll below on this comment to get an idea of what tier people want to do next.

Next Bracket

8-C Redux

8-B

7-C Redux

The poll was created at 15:42 on March 8, 2019, and so far 23 people voted.
Please wait, submitting your vote...

Back