• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Semifinals Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
3PLsgp

The semifinals have arrived, and the winner of these two rounds will progress to the final round.

Current Standings (A "-1" indicates the fighter was disqualified or was stomped)

Hub

The combatants for this round are Han Jee-Ha, submitted by Ricsi-Viragosi, and Neo (The Matrix), submitted by Overlod775.

Company Arc Han and Matrix Reloaded Neo are used. Speed is equalized, battle takes place within The Matrix, in the subway, 20m away.

Han is 0.66 Tons with some 5.35 Ton spells, Neo is 7.38 Tons.

Theme Song of Neo Theme Song of Han (Picked a generally cool battle theme since Han doesn't have one)
Han Jee-Ha - 9 (Ricsi, Flowery, Ciruno, Black, Drite, Litentric, Gyro, DaBigP, Crimson Azoth)

Neo (The Matrix) - 4 (Bambu, Pixel, Overlord, Phoenix)

Incon -

Neo vs Han

Right off the bat the AP advantage is on Neo

However his flight ability isn't practical here since that limits his attack to range, and Jee-Han has shown that he's practically bulletproof even with the most basic of his abilities. That's not accounting for how he can take cover underground or use multiple earth walls.

Neo's projectile stop is very potent for most danmaku, and his danmaku dodging helps, however Jee-Han's arrows have a tendency to explode. Jee-Han has to carefully form mana in a shape in order to prevent it from exploding. So if he tosses one at Neo, I don't think it could be easily stopped. I'm not sure if Neo ever stopped a rocket from exploding but the mana arrows are much more different in that the moment they hit resistance they will explode. The fact that they can be sent out in a barrage would be dangerous and can whittle down Neo if he's not careful.

Observe might give Jee-Han a few warning stuff about Neo but it's likely gonna be basic.

Combustion is the big game changer here however. It's almost like an anti-thesis.. if it works and Neo can reach him. Not sure if intangibility would be the prime thing that can help Neo here cause I heard Jee-Han can harm intaingible or something in a previous thread? Or what was said about the face off with Kira. His barrier blocking also helps out there.

I'm not particular sure Combustion would be the best way to end Gamer's Body either due to its properties and how technically Smith was still alive after but that's not gonna be my focus. Neo is unlikely to open that initially until he recognizes that Jee-Han is a bit different from normal humans I suppose?

Hand to hand combat would be on Neo, but he might not be able to go for it due to barriers and how Jee-Han prefers to keep it ranged. If Jee-Han figures out he can fly and specializes in that, he'll stick to that and even burrow underground to recover if worst comes to worst. And even if somehow Neo can go intangible underground which I doubt, Gnome is a helpful warning system on where he's coming from.

Jee-Han's capability to just dive and recover is a very big thing here.

It's very close. But I'm leaning on Jee-Han here

I mean, outside of a few attacks, Han can't even damage Neo. Same goes for Neo attacking Han, once Han's barriers are down Neo would one-shot.

I think if they were closer AP-wise this would be in Han's favor but if Neo plays his cards right Han can't really do much here.

@Cirunu

The mana arrows exploding as soon as they enconuter resistances means Neo could make them explode on top of Han

@Overlord

Has he done that frequently? I'm not too sure if he ever does that.

Even then the barriers help out there.

@Dargoo

True but once Han figures that out he won't be popping out of his gnome tunnels. Honestly I was hoping the barrage of rockets non stop would be enough to constantly deal damage since explosion knockbacks can still be pretty limiting.

Also, the chains that can bind Neo seems to be stronger than his lifting strength. So there's one way to keep him in place

Edit - Alas there are classes to go to so likely wont be on for long

Oh yeah. I forgot about Han's binding.

Honestly, unless Neo can fly, this is one of those matches where he would try to trap him in a city block wide hole he can't get out of.

I'm also pretty sure hundreds of danmaku arrows would do something to him. Even if the damage is small, that's literally how he can beat half him enemies. Bombarding them at a rapid rate until they die.

I also have class, lol.

Han can stat amp his body to 5 tons as well, and mana arrows can damage people that are 5 tons, mostly because penetration.

Plus, he can remake shields, tough it would take a toll on his mana eventually.

So, a few things about arguments for Han.

The cityblock wide takes some time, and is far from what he does as a first move. Or a second for the matter. IIRC he used it because the golems were big AF so hecould use that against them.

With the AP advantage, Neo should be able to rip the shackles apart. Itcould give him a pause for some seconds admitedly, which is pretty long with Han's homing arrows.

While not completely wrong, I am gonna point out that Han does't just make hundreds of arrows. He makes around 24 per use as far as I remember.

Observe by end of season 1 gives him plenty knowledge. The stats of enemies, and any passives they have are the main ones here. And Neo being "the one" would count as one of the passives.

Litentric Teon said:
Honestly, unless Neo can fly, this is one of those matches where he would try to trap him in a city block wide hole he can't get out of.
Neo can fly.

Litentric Teon said:
I'm also pretty sure hundreds of danmaku arrows would do something to him. Even if the damage is small, that's literally how he can beat half him enemies. Bombarding them at a rapid rate until they die.
Neo TKs them before they reach him; has them explode next to Han.

I saw the mana bindings in action, Neo could just dodge the chains or block them with his telekinesis

also if Han tries to hide underground, couldn't Neo just rip him out of there with telekinesis ?

Han's arrows are created several meters away from him.

And Iight be blanking on it, but when has he TK-d stuff from afar like that? And doesn't he need to raise his hand to do it, because binding migjt cause problems with that.

Overlord775 said:
I saw the mana bindings in action, Neo could just dodge the chains or block them with his telekinesis

also if Han tries to hide underground, couldn't Neo just rip him out of thre with telekinesis ?
I assume you saw the early versions then. Han can point at someone and they apear around them.

And with the disparity in lifting strenght... no.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
And Iight be blanking on it, but when has he TK-d stuff from afar like that? And doesn't he need to raise his hand to do it, because binding migjt cause problems with that.
His bullet-stopping feat.

He can TK the bindings before the wrap around him too.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
And with the disparity in lifting strenght... no.
Lifting strength only matters if both characters have TK and can TK themselves out of holds.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
But, wasn't that extremly close range?
And, again, they appear around the target.
Not really, no.

Worst case Neo breaks out of them easily given his AP.

That might be an issue since the binding can be spammed alongside homing arrows. And as Lit said, that's gonna take a toll. He pretty much-whittled enemies that way.

Also, never seen Neo use TK like that before, pulling someone out of the ground like Tatsumaki.

Lifting strength will still be an issue since you can't use your full AP when you're bound. Or at least you use less and you're gonna get bombarded. And yeah the chains can just wrap around Neo and tbh... Speed is equalized so it's gonna be an issue.

The worst case is still an issue though since he'll have to keep watch for the chains and arrows raining in on him. The chains can be directed to move a certain way too and is controllable. Lifting strength being on Han's advantage is a nifty thing so it can be likely ignored by TK and wrap around.

Tbh I use to think lifting strength was useless but glad to be proved wrong

@Lit

Class buddies lol

Could you please link it?

He has a total of 1.2 times of an AP advantage over them... Easily breaking them is really stretching it.

Wait me or Dargoo? And which?

If at me, the chain control is more like that's how Han controlled them in the past at the unlocking of his ability.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
He has a total of 1.2 times of an AP advantage over them... Easily breaking them is really stretching it.
Han's bindings aren't listed as one of his High 8-C attacks. Unless it is, it's 7 tons vs. .8 Tons.

Neo breaks out of them easily.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Because they aren't attacks. They don't even hurt 9-B fodder.
I fail to see why Neo doesn't just flex out of them, then. Have they binded High 8-C characters?

Yes. They scale to his intelligwnce in power, which makes them stronger that his physical stats, even afyer the Three Principle's amp.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Yes. They scale to his intelligwnce in power, which makes them stronger that his physical stats, even afyer the Three Principle's amp.
So they've binded High 8-C SS characters?

IDK about using Intelligence scaling, so I'd like a feat to be sure.

And is it in-character for him to spam it on characters with comparable strength?

They could bind Ogre's with ease, but they are only possibly High 8-C.

But, due to how his powers work, we actually get numbers. His ropes are superior to his strenght, which is 80 with amps.

The High 8-C feat was done with a 70 in the stat.

By the end of the arc, he has over 100 in the stat.

But again, was thatthe only showing of his TK?

Even assuming it works farther then the arrows explosion, wherehe isn't winning a battle of attiration, and he needs to keep his hand up to block the stuff.

Dargoo his intelligence is what allows him to have so much mana, as such his attacks are dependent on said mana.

Therefore his attacks scale to intelligence in that way

We don't use stats as a foolproof show of power, especially when they are rather arbitrary.

His Binds have rarely been used on characters as strong as Han, much less stronger. I can't recall any time he used it on non-fodder.

That would be the case for most abilities. But this particular ability is specifically described not by unrelieable sources but the actual details of how the power works. So I'm afraid it does scale, especially if there's nearly a double increase. Even then it can still restrict Neo's motions long enough (aka for half a second) for a bombardment to reach him.

as expected leaning Neo thus far but waiting a bit to vote.

AP goes to Neo, obviously.

Dura also goes to Neo, but Han does have barriers to close the gap. Without them, Neo one shots.

Range is easily in favor of Han, although the starting distance is fairly low.

Skill massively favors Neo, and Neo can certainly Matrix-dodge danmaku, although other skills may catch him off-guard.

Overall, I'm leaning towards Neo. Most of Han's offensive skills fail to either hurt him or hit him, and Han's barriers won't last forever. Han can spam distance or hide himself underground, but that's just delaying the inevitable. Summons are of little issue, since Neo regularly deals with crowds of far more experienced opponents. Plus, as time goes on, Neo will get better and better at recognizing and fighting Han's magic- the only restraint on his skill is lack of experience fighting magical enemies. All Neo has to do is land one blow. Bindings get broken, TK'd, or dodged, arrows explode in Han's face, and summons get demolished.

I vote Neo.

I wouldn't say matrix dodging would help against explosives that tend to hit in an AOE. Even Jee-Han can hit around or close.

Han's barriers would actually be willing to last for a looong time thanks to his recovery and capability to retreat. It delays the inevitable how? Neo hasn't shown much tendency to track someone underground constantly moving.

TK is very lacking in range.

Bindings do not get broken thanks to the lifting strength gap.

Constant DPS with danmaku is an issue comvined with bindings.

The explode in Han's face has been debunked.

Summon can continuously be resummoned I'd say. Trying to remember an instance of Gnome ever getting hurt.

Depends on the ability, of course. Fireballs are a tad bit harder to dodge by standing in place, but TK and skill can allow him to keep up. Plus, Han usually sticks to arrows.

Neo hasn't fought someone who did that, but he's more than smart enough to adapt. His barriers last for some time, but they will take a toll on his mana in time.

Okay.

TK, dodge, or break them with AP, like Dargoo said.

We just discussed bindings.

Debatable.

Gnome really hasn't done much in the way of taking damage.

I'm going to have to see something more convincing cause Neo TKing those arrows are detrimental to him and from comments above it seems he struggles.

Not really. He can easily recover by playing keep away and even a single barrier followed by a chain is an issue.

Again, it would still be stalled and has the issue of binding his movements for a bit while he gets bombarded. Also... I do recall his attacks getting stronger after he used two wands, enough to easily whittle the giant golem even though they were just regular golems so it's extremely likely that those arrows have reached mana bomb level.

Mhm.

They start off quite the distance away from his body and again, TK range is lacking.

That's why I said trying to remember. So unlikely she's reachined by Neo on the first place due to being an incorporeal spirit thing or something iirc? Gonna have to ask Lit and Risci.

I see where this is going.

I'll vote Neo FRA for now. Get this ball rolling.

Neo TKing is detrimental... how?

Hard to escape once Neo, who massively outskills, gets close. If Neo gets close once at all, he wins.

That's assuming they hit at all, and even then it would be a relatively low amount of damage.

Mhm.

One small mistake and it's done. Against a massively more skilled opponent who wipes you with a thought, one mistake is lethal.

I'm more so talking about other summons he might have. Although I believe he only started golem spam in Season 2, actually. Neo can still deal with heavy amounts of enemies at once.

I vote Han for my reasons, and others given above.

There is nothing stopping Han from not getting even remotly close to Neo, or hiding underground whenever he's in danger.

His arrows will home in even if he continously runs, and Neo can't win a battle of attiration. He also can't break tree barriers and then one-shot Han before he gets the heck away while gnome is distracting Neo, and Han would be able to remake the barriers in a few seconds and heal from the damage relatively quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back