• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

High 8-C Brackets Semifinals Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, wow. This actually seems to be a pretty fun debate.

I just want to point this out, I think many forget that Neo can't actually see Gnome. Only those whom are part of Han's party can see Gnome. So while the terrain would be changing to benefit Han, he wouldn't be able to see the spirit responsible for it.

Also, why is it that on some threads, bindings are measured by lifting strength, and on others, it's measured by AP. I'm almost certain it's a measure of lifting strength, in which case AP shouldn't be a large factor. If the bindings possess class K lifting strength, and the TK doesn't, then why would the TK lift the bindings off of him? I actually don't understand this particular point. In particular since multiple can be used at once.

Lastly, there are two other things about Han that haven't seem to have been brought up. One, iirc, his amps also amplify his speed by a good margin, making it easier for him to dodge attacks, and flat out just run away and spam his range. And two, he should be able to flex his way out of things with his ki. I'm almost certain he's done such before, and should be capable of such here.

I'll also side with Han for the time being. Albeit it very barely, as I think he really only wins through outlasting. I can't see Neo getting past Gnome, arrow spam, and underground running. Especially the last bit since that takes away his flight advantage and Han would likely attempt to trap him under there.

Oh, and I'm serious though. If someone could explain LS to me, and how it interacts with AP, bindings, TK, and just in general how it functions, I would really appreciate it.

Ah. I kinda wanted Neo to win this, but I'm liking Han's arguments better. I don't think there's anything I can add that someone else hasn't already said better, so Han FRA

Han - 7 (Ricsi, Flowery, Ciruno, Black, Drite, Litentric, Gyro)

Neo - 4 (Bambu, Pixel, Overlord, Phoenix)

G R A C E

Litentric Teon said:
Oh, and I'm serious though. If someone could explain LS to me, and how it interacts with AP, bindings, TK, and just in general how it functions, I would really appreciate it.
The way I see lifting strength vs TK is this.

TK is, in most cases, a pull/push/grab that doesn't need physical contact. So it should be treated like pulls/pushes/grabs that need physical contact. Only difference is that by TKing your opponent, you're lifting them off the ground, so unless you have something to push off of/hold onto, you're kinda stuck in the air and your lifting strength is useless. Flight usually does the trick vs TK tho, assuming you have a higher lifting strength

Han - 8 (Ricsi, Flowery, Ciruno, Black, Drite, Litentric, Gyro, DaBigP)

@Gyro

Yeah pretty much this for LS.

And honestly I think flight might still be at a disadvantage even against lifting. TK lifting strength is very finnicky and hard to exert. That's why concrete feats on it is always better than say scaling it to a feat of crashing a building with raw power. That's like part of the-

I'm getting off topic.

Gyro pretty much said it

Han - 9 (Ricsi, Flowery, Ciruno, Black, Drite, Litentric, Gyro, DaBigP, Crimson Azoth)

Since it seems Han has the definitive advantage here, I'm going to post the next round in a bit.

The Beheaded is our last hope against anime

beheaded loses because anime-fans outnumber game-fans

change my mind

> insert eyes emote here but I won't do it coz I need food real quick

I honestly don't think precog was discussed much here either.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I haven't read everything here yet, but is there anything stopping Neo from doing this?
Neo wouldn't open with it, but if the fight with Han goes on for long enough he'd eventually deploy it.

And it seems to be done through odd spatial shenanigans looking at how he warps the environment afterwards, IDK if Han's non-physical interaction could block that.

Nonono, Han already defeated manga when he defeated Jojo. This is the new time to shine. Manwha Master Race!!

Seems more like special effect tho @vid He did that more after, or just the structure of the Matrix itself. It's hard to speculate about this ngl. But if Neo has spatial haxx it's gonna be swell.

Ciruno Fortes said:
Seems more like special effect tho @vid He did that more after, or just the structure of the Matrix itself. It's hard to speculate about this ngl. But if Neo has spatial haxx it's gonna be swell.
Actually, him manipulating the "structure" of the Matrix, which is just data, would make a lot of sense given what the implications of Neo becoming 'the one' is.

So it might be more data manip than anything. If you notice in the vid he starts to see everything around him as raw data, and the flying bits of Smith also had the same data-effects.

So maybe he's entering Smith's "data" and manipulating it to make him explode.

This is more fan-theory than anything else, though. I'd need to look at the script to confirm it.

So has Han's forcefields dealt with what is essentially spatial manipulation? His other stuff ignored is notable too but not having to deal with forcefields is notable.

Han - 8 (Ricsi, Flowery, Ciruno, Black, Drite, Gyro, DaBigP, Crimson Azoth)

Yeah, I think it's data manip.

From the script:

Neo looks out, now able to see through the curtain of the Matrix. For a moment, the walls, the floor, even the Agents become a rushing stream of code. All three stare transfixed with awe as the scrolling code accelerates, faster and faster, as if the machine language was unable to keep up or perhaps describe what is happening.
Agent Smith gets up, bracing himself as Neo charges him and springs into a dive. But the impact doesn't come. Neo sinks into Agent Smith, disappearing, his tie and coat rippling as if he were a deep pool of water. Spinning around he looks to the others and feels something, like a tremor before a quake, something deep, something that is going to change everything. Suddenly a SEARING SOUND stabs through his earpiece as his chest begins to swell, then balloon as!-- Neo BURSTS up out of him. And with a final death scream, Agent Smith EXPLODES like an empty husk in a brilliant cacophony of light, his shards spinning away, absorbed by the Matrix until!--

Hmm, I think it makes sense but we can't say for certain we can implement that. I have been needing a reason to watch Matrix again...

@Lit

We don't really know, that's the issue.

Even then Neo doesn't really use it so that makes it kinda an issue.

Ahhh, data manipulation. But that would mean more on the environment? And he doesn't really use it though. I can't say that's a big game changer for this match.

Ah. If it's data manip then I'm not sure how it would function with Han's gamer abilities.

But I think I'll stick with him, since he's not going to sit there and let Neo leap at him once he sees Neo's strength stat at the beginning of the fight.

Han avoiding Neo leaping into him seems reasonable to me, lol.

Just wanted to esablish how it worked.

That, just makes me imagine Agent Smith sidestepping Smith in that scene.

Guessing it's not CRT worthy though considering he already has data manip?

DMUA evaluated them, and while DMUA is the closest a regular user can be to what I'd call a calc member, that sadly doesn't validate the calc just yet.

Also, for those saying that the animes hijack the brackets, Han is technically a korean webnovel.

Not exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back