• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

HGW Servant Tier List (For Fun)

Not sure if this is the right board for this, but whatever.

In terms of how useful a certain Servant would be when summoned in a Grail War, how would you rank each one from EX to F-tier?

EX-tier = Guaranteed win unless fighting other EX-tiers.

A-tier = Extremely versatile and powerful, only one notable weakness.

B-tier = Very useful but lacks in power / vice versa, some notable weaknesses.

C-tier = Capable, with some situationally powerful/useful abilities.

D-tier = Astoundingly average.

E-tier = Highly unlikely to win.

F-tier = "I summoned Mata Hari."

Take into account the versatility of every Servant's abilities, personality, strategic value, efficiency, capability in hiding True Names, etc. All from the perspective of a Master who is absolutely average in every way as a Magus.

Rules:

- No Grand Servants.

- No Servants that cannot be summoned outside of the events of Fate/Grand Order except for those summoned prior to the incineration of humanity. This means no Scathach, CCC Alter-Egos, CG!Kerry, Bedivere, Divine Spirits and Lostbelt Kings.

- No cooperative Gilgamesh, since he's an obvious God-tier.

- No Pseudo-Servants.

- No hypothetical Servants.

- No Servants with unconfirmed abilities (Muramasa, Jason, Orion, Archer!Heracles, etc.)

So uhh

Can I say Solomon for ex tier since he canonically solo'd the grail war before being named grand caster

I mean, I dunno. I'm sure his rings and knowledge of magecraft is pretty formidable on their own, but with Almadel Salomonis needing prep, Paulina probably costing a shit ton of energy, and Nova literally erasing him from existence, I'm not sure if his NPs are of any real use. Plus, we don't even know what Servants he was up against.

Then again, Clairvoyance EX. He'd be high B-tier, low A-tier at least.

Heracles, Arjuna, Karna, and Seigfried are probably EX. Arturia, Lancelot, and Gawain are A probably EX. I think Cu is B and EMIYAs probably E.

True, A rank then, I don't think that affects the other ones I said were EX though. Medea is probably C, Medusa is C, maybe, I think. Alexander is A, Zero's Lancer is probably B, Gilles is probably E. Hundred and Cursed Assassin are probably E.

Enkidu is probably EX since a chimera that wasn't meant to survive past the summoning can sustain him at full power.

Heracles, Karna and maybe even Siegfried burn through mana ludicrously fast. Heracles would kill anyone not named Illya via exhaustion alone, and Karna is only slightly better at not doing that than Herc is. Definitely not EX.

It's a matter of how useful and efficient a Servant is, not how strong they are.

And having low mana means the servant is weaker right? Like, Saber when Rin is her master has higher ranks than when Shirou is.

I guess their all A then. I'm struggling to think of anyone besides Gil and Enkidu who could be EX cause of how all the powerful servants are going to burn through mana like crazy, though I have no idea what Arjuna's mana consumption is like.

Arjuna's an Archer, so all the mana consumption is probably only significant when he uses his NPs.

If it were easy to get EX, it wouldn't be EX, now would it?

Edit: Honestly, Karna might be C-tier purely because of how much mana he uses up. He can't use Brahmastra Kundala or Vasavi Shakti without killing his master, and his physicals are gimped by having to hold back on the mana consumption. He'd be lower if he wasn't so cooperative.

.... Sieg for EX tier? Won't back stab his Master, he can reinforce himself, turn into Siegfried (who is a tank) for a few mins, Galvanism keeps him from having any mana issues, spam A+ NP, turns into a dragon cuz why not. His only downside is his initial weak ass state since even his DRCS can be replenished by his/other Master's CS, even his suicide attack has a small chance to rez him anyway. Pretty much anything under a normal Master would get demolished by his DRCS/Balmung spam and/or Akafiloga Agrise. The only non EX that wouldn't die are Karna or Herc but they will burn through their Master within half a minute, and Avalon Saber but she isn't summoned with it and the odds of her getting it is abysmally low.

Gramps and Sigurd should be EX as well for obvious reasons, False Jack would be since A his power depends on the population which can vary depending on location, Alcides A (K'sO/power steal too OP plz nerf) his upkeep goes up if he whips out more NPs but its fine-ish in general (or does he not count since his circumstances are pretty unique like Salter), Cu Choo and Medusa get A. I'll probably think of more later.

You have to be able to summon the servant before the incineration of humanity

I'm pretty sure you can't summon sieg normally since you know he just kinda sat on the reverse side of the world like Merlin

Does SFJack get skills related to the form he takes? I can't remember. If he does, then yeah, High B-tier. If not, then probably Low B-tier/Top C-tier.

Archer Heracles, the normal one, should actually fully have A Rank, if not outright EX. God Hand plus Nemean Lion's Pelt means he's a big, big, big mountain that you'll have to get an absurdly powerful Servant to kill him right good, he would still have Nine Lives which means super adaptable, all purpose and powerful NP that can be used for bow and... I mean, he'd be a freaking Archer above all else.

He could likely battle just going off Archery and poison Hydra arrows. Most of his cost comes from King's Order, which the novel already explains pushes his mana drain several times over due to the circumstances.

As for Strange Fake Jack... I mean, I don't know. How many Grail War-esque things have happened away from a big metropolitan area or city? I don't doubt good leylines exist away from urban zones, but how likely is for a war to be set away from it?

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Archer Heracles is against the rules, since we don't have a full profile written for him yet. That's for the Greek Lostbelt. Besides, God Hand is a massive mana hog to the point that not even the Chaldea system could properly sustain it. He also doesn't have King's Order, because that only exists to replace God Hand, which he still has. Not to mention his likely really high stats and the fact that Nine Lives is spammable in every form of combat, including melee, which basically amounts to more or less the same drain as Zerker Herc, maybe more.

As for the thing about Jack, just because the War is based in a city doesn't mean there aren't battlefields to use. Honestly, when you think about it, From Hell is pretty counterproductive. It's an NP that's only notably strong when near dense civilization... in a war that's supposed to be kept secret.

It's like Gawain's Numeral of the Saint boosting his stats under the Sun when most battles in the Grail Wars are fought at night. Speaking of which, Gawain is solid C-tier for exactly this reason.

Mata Hari is F tier? dare you said that,

im just cleared Solomon this day and boom Mata Hari saves the day
56296951 684979211921684 3684596140512116736 n
I AM THE STRONGEST

Mage's Association: "You beat the inventor of modern magecraft and stopped the destruction of the world as we know it? Good job, you've been promoted to the rank of Scrub."

The thing about Archer Herc is that while we don't have his parameters (A/Bs across the board tbh), we have pretty much everything else. You got your Archer Class Skills (A rank IA, probably C/B rank MR), he'll keep his Bravery and BC (ranks would be the same as Berserker's), and his NPs are the Hydra Bow, 9 Lives, GH and Pelt. His upkeep will be mad but he only needs 10 secs to kill stuff.

True Archer IIRC doesn't have a very big upkeep iirc, and Reincarnation Pandora is pretty strong, and Nemean Lion Pelt means that you can't beat him with weapons. So he'd probably be EX Tier, especially since he's "relatively" cooperative

King's Order is a heavy mana cost with so many other stuff and the Pelt is a passive NP which are all expensive as hell. Its also only human weapons but quite a lot of Servants have Divine Constructs to bypass it or just throwing magic at him. Hth monsters like Yan or Li can also ignore it.

King's Order isn't ready necessary, nor is it as bad as God Hand in NP consumption. And I doubt HTH Servants can really hit Alcides with his skills and range.

Remember this isn't a VS Battle, so it's much more likely for Alcides to snipe someone out of the blue. He would have crippled Gil if it wasn't for those auto defensors, and all it would take is a single arrow snipe to kill the master of anyone but Gil

My point wasn't that K'sO is more costly than GH, it was that passive NPs like the Pelt (which is always in use) are expensive. Knk, AA, AoF, GH, every passive defense NP shown so far burns through mana like gas. His high stats are also another thing that costs a bunch. The hth Servants I mentioned were Assassins so they should get close just fine.

Gil would have been fine without the auto defensors seeing as the arrow that got past was blocked with ease. Most Servants are good enough to block the first arrow allowing their Master to get into cover/run.

Eh. I'd still personally put him on A rank at least.

Also, would Caster Edison actually be any good in a Grail War?

He doesn't have any ways of sustaining the necessary Mana investment and he can't use the grail as a support unless you want him taking slots away from other masters since the grail has its 7 servants and that's it unless we special circumstances happen.

Back