• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
This has been a long time coming.

I'm not going to lie to all of you; I've never been happy with Hellsing's profiles on this wiki. I've read and watched the series plenty of times, and I still enjoy going through it again despite its status as a dead meme at this point. But that much doesn't change the fact that the series' current wiki profiles are absolutely ridiculous. And much of their problems stem from exactly two sources:

Alucard and Walter C. Dornez.

Most of the profiles are currently scaled to these two, and the two of them scale to each other. This is not the problem. The problem is that these two have far, far, far too much wank and misinformation on their profiles for their own good, let alone the good of anyone who scales to them.

If you'll all bear with me...

The Alleged Feats
Alucard

• Tanked being slammed through a large building.
  • Survived flames that razed (at least) an entire city block.
  • Took attacks from Walter without relying on Regenerationn.
  • Survived an explosion capable of busting down a city block. Specifically, the explosion of an SR-71.
Walter C. Dornez

• Tore through multiple buildings with his wires.
I'll also throw in Alucard's feat of "overtaking all of London" in his Level Zero form since, despite it having no affect on any of the other profiles, I still have a bone to pick with it.

Getting Rid of the Nonsense
Walter only has one feat that's relevant to the current state of the profiles, so we'll start with him first.

Walter tears through multiple buildings with his wires.

If you ask me, this is quite honestly the only feat here that's legitimate. However, the profile describes this feat in a way that blows it completely out of proportion.

Let's look at the scans:

Walter cuts through two buildings 1 (Hellsing Chapter 73)
Walter cuts through two buildings 2 (Hellsing Chapter 73)
Walter cuts through two buildings 3 (Hellsing Chapter 73)
Walter cuts through two buildings 4 (Hellsing Chapter 73)
Walter cuts through two buildings 5 (Hellsing Chapter 73)
For starters, cutting through multiple buildings with multiple wires (which is what he did here) does not equate to City Block level AP. But the real kicker is that the "multiple buildings" are just two decent-sized skyscrapers. Cutting through two buildings, even with a single wire, won't net you City Block level AP. That much I can say for certain.

Now that we have that out of the way, let's move on to Alucard.

Alucard survives city-block razing flames.

I'll begin by saying something that should be common sense by now; flames spreading across a city block area =/= City Block level flames. We see plenty of bombs, artillery and other explosives which level buildings throughout London, but we never see any flames that outright destroy buildings and city regions by themselves. Ergo, this "feat" is a non-factor. Next.

Level Zero Alucard overtakes all of London.

...With an army of ghouls. An army that doesn't destroy a single building on its own, and completely lacks anything impressive beyond numbers and scale. Even if we go by the fact that these ghouls "flooded" through London in an almost-literal sense, this is hardly what I would call City level destruction, especially since the city itself (or what was left of it after Millenium got done bombing it to shit) was left pretty much unaltered by the whole ordeal.

Alucard survives being slammed into a building by Walter.

Another one that's been sold for far more than it's worth. I'll let a few scans from that fight do most of the talking for this one:

Walter swings Alucard through a building 1 (Hellsing Chapter 77)
Walter swings Alucard through a building 2 (Hellsing Chapter 77)
Walter swings Alucard through a building 3 (Hellsing Chapter 77)
Getting obvious out of the way, even if Al had been swung hard enough to wreck the building in-full, that's still nowhere near City Block level. However, as you can see, most of the building is well intact here. Walter swung him hard enough to destroy exactly one wall, and not even the entirety of said wall to boot. Nothing to see here. Moving on.

Alucard takes attacks from Walter without relying on Regenerationn.

This one is hilariously wrong. Don't believe me? Well:

Walter rips apart Alucard's arm (Hellsing Chapter 77)
Walter slices Girlycard in half 1 (Hellsing Chapter 91)
Walter was mutilating Alucard very much in this manner throughout their fight. There was absolutely no point in which Alucard took those attacks without relying on Regenerationn; if it weren't for his Regenerationn, Walter's attacks would've left him deader than disco.

Furthermore, Baskerville (Al's hellhound) tried to take on Walter and got absolutely ruined.

Walter slices Baskerville in half 1 (Hellsing Chapter 77)
Walter slices Baskerville in half 2 (Hellsing Chapter 77)
This is relevant here, because later on Walter reanimates Baskerville's corpse with his wires like a puppet. It does this to Alucard:

Baskerville rips off Alucard's arm 1 (Hellsing Chapter 79)
Baskerville rips off Alucard's arm 2 (Hellsing Chapter 79)
A hound that can bite off Alucard's arm with ease got one-shot by Walter's wires, which can also tear through Alucard like he's made of paper. I think that speaks for itself. Moving along.

Alucard survives an SR-71 explosion.

I've saved the best for last, everyone. Dear Christ, this one is such a mess, I don't even know where to begin...

If I had to begin anywhere, it'd be the fact that an SR-71 exploding would never in a million years produce a city block busting yield. But that much is irrelevant, since the plane we see in the feat explicitly isn't an SR-71.

Alucard's plane (Hellsing Chapter 31)
Of course, as far as fiction is concerned, the make and model of an exploding vehicle hardly matters. What really matters is the explosion itself. So let's see it:

Alucard crashes a plane 1 (Hellsing Chapter 31)
Alucard crashes a plane 2 (Hellsing Chapter 31)
Alucard crashes a plane 3 (Hellsing Chapter 31)
Alucard crashes a plane 4 (Hellsing Chapter 31)
That's a nice explosion, really. But I can tell just from looking at it that it's not large enough to yield City Block level numbers. Hell, the boat itself isn't even large enough to cover a city block, and the explosion (at best) ruins the surface of it.

But that's hardly it. No, the biggest issue here is that, if it were a City Block level explosion, Alucard tanking that with no injuries is a major outlier. Even if we forget the fact that Walter's wires are enough to shred his body like wheat, Al's other showings of durability do nothing to support such a high rating.

For example, we all remember this iconic scene from the beginning of the series:

Cheddar Vampire's firing squad 1 (Hellsing Chapter 1)
Cheddar Vampire's firing squad 2 (Hellsing Chapter 1)
Cheddar Vampire's firing squad 3 (Hellsing Chapter 1)
A barrage of perfectly normal firearms did this. City Block level shotguns and assault rifles?

How about this little moment that happens in his fight with Walter?

Alucard's gun explodes 1 (Hellsing Chapter 77)
Alucard's gun explodes 2 (Hellsing Chapter 77)
Pretty sure the Jackal exploding doesn't even crack Small Building level, much less City Block level.

How about we look at an oft-overlooked moment in the manga that happens right after Alucard's plane crash? Mere moments after stepping out of the flames, some soldiers shoot him with assault rifles and a panzerfaust. The panzerfaust is what's important:

Alucard gets hit with a panzerfaust 1 (Hellsing Chapter 32)
Alucard gets hit with a panzerfaust 2 (Hellsing Chapter 32)
Alucard gets hit with a panzerfaust 3 (Hellsing Chapter 32)
Alucard gets hit with a panzerfaust 4 (Hellsing Chapter 32)
Alucard gets hit with a panzerfaust 5 (Hellsing Chapter 32)
There are numerous other examples I could pull up to support my case, but I think you get the picture.

Conclusion and Propositions
I'm proposing a downgrade, verse-wide. I'm not sure why all of this was never brought to light before now, but as evidenced above, the current stats for these pages are unreliable to an extreme and are in dire need of a re-fix.

Agree. The only high level feat would be his level 0 feat, but even then he doesn't have control over the ocean of souls, they're just flowing out and doing his bidding, so to speak.

I absolutely agree with this. It always seemed like the hellsing profiles were out of whack and that's mostly why I avoided even creating fights with those characters.

Alucard's city level environmental damage was weird too. As if flooding a city with undead is the same as destroying it with a bomb or something.

I agree with every except bullet-level Alucard. That is clear rule of Cool + piercing durability Fallacy. The 9-B to 8-C feats in Hellsing should take precedence on all cases over that.

Authors don't get that even at wall level you would be completely bullet proof, and as a result even the likes of Spawn, Wonder Woman, FFVII characters and more are often vulnerable to Firearms.

It's the biggest PIS and AIS in fiction.

Js250476 said:
So Alucard would just be building level normally city block with TK?
No, actually. All of his physical feats (that I know of) most likely don't even break into high-end Small Building level territory. His Tier 8 ratings come from scaling to people who can harm him.

Which will change, since he doesn't have durability anywhere near Tier 8.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I agree with every except bullet-level Alucard. That is clear rule of Cool + piercing durability Fallacy. The 9-B to 8-C feats in Hellsing should take precedence on all cases over that.
Authors don't get that even at wall level you would be completely bullet proof, and as a result even the likes of Spawn, Wonder Woman, FFVII characters and more are often vulnerable to Firearms.

It's the biggest PIS and AIS in fiction.
Not saying he should be bullet level. I'm actually quite heavily opposed to that, since he has far better feats that render that kind of low rating null and void. (Such as the feat of being slammed through a building wall by Walter)

But Tier 8 durability needs to go.

Everything seems legit, that some good research that you got there. If this is acceoted, what would be the new ranking?

Antoniofer said:
Everything seems legit, that some good research that you got there. If this is acceoted, what would be the new ranking?
Somewhere between 9-B and 9-A, I'll wager. He did survive a plane crash, and also came out of being dragged through a building wall with only cuts and bruises. He's punched Anderson hard enough to stagger the hell out of him, and the latter is explicitly comparable to him in terms of physicals.

Walter is Tier 8 with wires only. He never shows any physical feats that high. But he should still easily be comparable to Alucard and Anderson, at least in his later Vamp form.

I don't even know what to say about The Captai right now. But I can tell you for certain that he isn't 8-B or 8-A.

The Valentine Brothers should be comparable to early-to-mid-series Walter, whatever rating he winds up getting. Most likely 9-B, but I'm not sure.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
My dude Dante got taken down from 3-A to High 6-A

Nothing tops that
How about Composite Godzilla getting taken down from 3-A to High 5-A and losing 90% of his hax in the process? ovo

@Matt:

I agree with him not having Street level durability. Like I said, he has better feats than that, so we should almost certainly use those. But his one Tier 8 feat (that I know of) is done through telekinesis, which shouldn't scale to physicals.

I mean, I have almost all GoW guidebooks, except the Collector's Guide, which I'm in the process of getting my hands on. If I put my mind to it, I could probably upgrade a shitton of stuff.

But nah.

EDIT: Lol @ that bait. Nice try Gargo. ovo

We could probably calc these feats to get values. That's what needs to happen tbh; better than ballparking.

Assaltwaffle said:
We could probably calc these feats to get values. That's what needs to happen tbh; better than ballparking.
Agree with this.

There are others that can serve as low-ends, as well. The most fodder-level of vampires can rip people apart with a fair amount of ease, for example. Also, Seras Victoria's Harkonnen weapon is stated to be a 30mm cannon, with a secondary form of ammunition that can destroy tanks.

Harkonnen specs
Jan Valentine survived a shot from the latter, although one can argue that he's not shown clearly enough in the panel for this to count.

Jan tanks a rocket (Hellsing Chapter 10)
Jan tanks a rocket 2 (Hellsing Chapter 10)
I can find other bit-feats and statements as we go through this.

Back