• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hellsing: Alucard Issues and Additions (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt it implied that he didnt kill schrodinger's soul so he could both come back and still have an extra soul stock?
He said that he slaughtered all except for one. Given that his own soul is also a factor I'd say it's one of a few things:

1. His own soul was devoured along with the others, which seems strange when we know his soul contains his information.

Meaning: only Schrodinger's soul remains, not even Alucard's own remains along with it. This seems very strange when Alucard is clearly still himself and is the dominant being though.

2. His own soul isn't counted towards the limit, and therefore it was never part of the equation to start with, in which case he meant Schrodinger's soul.

Meaning: His own soul and Schrodinger's can co-exist as long as no others remain.

3. His soul assimilated Schrodinger's characteristics, and therefore the soul that remained was his own while Schrodinger's was destroyed.

Meaning: Only Alucard's soul remains, having taken on Schrodinger's nature.

4. His own soul merged with Schrodinger's to the point they're indistinguishable.

Meaning: His own soul and Schrodinger's are essentially the same soul now.

These seem like the most likely scenarios.

It's a shame we didn't get a fun final moment of Schrodinger being Alucard's conscience inside his body like Pip is to Seras
So much potential we didn't get to see. So many elements to the Hellsing world we never saw.

Also side question that will affect my stance on a previous issue...
Do we consider The Dawn to be canon?
It was written by the same author, bundled in with the OVA, and it shows the characters' back stories. So I'd say it's canon.

I wouldn't say The Dawn is canon, more so everything that shows in The Dawn can be considered canon, like a power or an feat or whatever

So much potential we didn't get to see. So many elements to the Hellsing world we never saw.

It was written by the same author, bundled in with the OVA, and it shows the characters' back stories. So I'd say it's canon.
In that case I will actually still contest absorption being TK.

Alucard has only ever been shown using telekinesis actively, while in the Dawn he passively draws in and absorbs nearby blood while unconscious, and the process looks the same as it does in the final episode. So I do think it's a different ability.

In that case I will actually still contest absorption being TK.

Alucard has only ever been shown using telekinesis actively, while in the Dawn he passively draws in and absorbs nearby blood while unconscious, and the process looks the same as it does in the final episode. So I do think it's a different ability.
No he doesn't, even as a literal corpse he has to actively drink it / intake it into his body, unless you assume he can literally absorb the blood within one's body just by existing.

No he doesn't, even as a literal corpse he has to actively drink it / intake it into his body, unless you assume he can literally absorb the blood within one's body just by existing.
It literally moves towards him and gets absorbed into him while he's in his coffin, and it reaching him and being absorbed is what wakes him up

Hate to ruin the fun but could i ask yall to have the TK vs absorption thing on the AP/Dura revision thread? Since thats a big part of the issue and will be brought up anyways, and so this doesnt get dragged out longer than it needs to

So the only thing left is fear manip? Or are yall good with social influencing via intimidation?

Are we sure fear manipulation is no good? There are hints to it. I have to admit that a lot of the hax was suggested by other people. The main ones I'm solid on are the soul count and the layered mind hax. Even when I raised the idea of a universal energy system I was thinking of an upgrade to somewhere in Tier 8, not so much Tier 7.

Smoke Manip
Honestly I could take or leave this, as Weekly said the mist thing could easily be folded into weather manipulation.

Resistance Negation
While I have no problem with removing this, I find it funny that everyone was simultaneously wrong and right on this point. Yes, Seras breaks apart the giantess illusion once Alucard tells her about her Third Eye. However she gets ****** by it when Zorin activates in close range, opening her up to get her arm and eyes sliced off.

When Seras levels up by drinking a French smoothie, she does indeed break the illusion, this time at close range, indicated by the glyph-texture breaking apart around her. However we see that the illusion can still affect her if Zorin makes direct contact, which is consistent with her illusions becoming stronger as they get closer. However, it's actually Pip's spirit inside of Seras that intervenes to disable any effect the contact illusion has.

Fear Manip
Not much to say here. I think Alucard is just a horrifying presence, that doesn't mean fear is an inherent ability of his.

Souls Manip Resistance
Also fair.

Additions section (not bothering to list them all)
Agreed.

Adjustments section
Also fine.

As for the nature of vampires in Hellsing, I will say that @Random-Helper323 is incorrect on this one.

Artificial vampires created by Millennium are constantly derided as being an inferior bunch and not true Nosferatu by Alucard, and the fact that they're separate from true vampires entirely is highlighted multiple times through a few quirks.

For starters, artificial vampires do not create other vampires. It doesn't matter if the person bitten by them is a virgin of the opposite sex, they always turn into ghouls. Said ghouls also stick around after the death of their sire, whereas regular ghouls do not, as seen with the vampire priest in the beginning. This indicates to me a very real separation between true vampires and just schmucks turned by ze Nazis.

Why is this? Well, it could be that Doc's research still isn't perfect. Or it could just be that he's working with a shitty sample.

See, Hellsing doesn't really hide the fact that it's a direct continuation of sorts to Bram Stoker's classic novel. And in said novel, Mina Harker never turns into a full vampire. Dracula is defeated before she does, though she does begin exhibiting certain vampiric traits and has a psychic connection with Dracula. What is the relevance here for Hellsing? Well, I believe that Millennium simply did not have the necessary high quality material needed to manufacture true Nosferatu that even got close to Alucard's caliber. Mina's conversion was an imperfect one.

If I had gotten off my lazy ass and finished my blog, we wouldn't have to have debates like this, but ah well. It'll be done someday.

Damn and here I thought I was the scan man
Reality check hit harder than Alucard using Level 1 for the first time

You damn ******* well better. I'm the only ****** here who's got the the deluxe edition physical manga, I literally AM the scans.
20230402_132234.jpg

Nah fam you aint the only one anymore lmao

When Seras levels up by drinking a French smoothie, she does indeed break the illusion, this time at close range, indicated by the glyph-texture breaking apart around her. However we see that the illusion can still affect her if Zorin makes direct contact, which is consistent with her illusions becoming stronger as they get closer. However, it's actually Pip's spirit inside of Seras that intervenes to disable any effect the contact illusion has.
Just realized something from this: familiars can probably give some form of resistance to memory manipulation, as demonstrated by Pip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back