• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Btw, full disclosure here; Hellsing as a whole is stupidly inconsistent with itself. Certain characters who can tank explosions, strike through solid surfaces and withstand long falls wind up dying from regular bullets and getting staggered by things they shouldn't. Integra Hellsing can also (apparently) cut through artificial vampires with a sword even though she's otherwise portrayed as being absurdly weaker than all of them, so take that however you will.

Point being; "norms" aren't easy to locate in terms of the characters' stats. Their showings generally stay below Tier 8, but are otherwise all over the place

I pretty much agree that none of the feats listed in either profiles are accurate reflections. In fact, most of the hellsing profiles have problems too. The "city level environmental destruction" bit in Alucard should be removed. It's completely pointless and gives a misleading picture.There are people being listed as building level for no reason at all.

Ex. Old Walter being "small building level" for killing ghouls
Tubalcain, Zorin, Rip, base anderson, and EoS Heinkel being building level without calcs or good reasons.

However, top tiers do have a legit multi city block level feat calc .

@Tarkatower:

Forgive me if I missed something, but it seems like a lot of people in the reply section of that calc blog didn't approve of it in the end. Not sure if we can use it if that's the case.

If it turns out to be legit/accepted, then I'm personally fine with using it. But if it's as unreliable as many of those commenters seem to think it is, it might be better to have the feat itself calc'd by one of our own people instead.

I think the Captain is a good scaling point, he's not a total glass canon like alucard - I can get some feats when I get home, though one of note is destroying and no selling a missile.

None of the vampires including Alucard have anything above tier 9 physically, from what I gather.

A lot of these feats (in the OP and linked later in the comment section) are overly inflated and quite frankly, wank. Attacks that are generally Small Building level end up turning Alucard to mush, so how could he possibly scale when he relies on regen to come back from that?

Also, in the case of him "tanking the SR-71 explosion", please tell me where the hell he is shown tanking it? He isn't shown on panel until after this. For all intensive purposes, I have to ask the following question: didn't he just regenerate from that as well? There's no implication of him tanking that.

Basically, all I have seen in the manga for Alucard in terms of durability is BARELY withstanding Wall+ to base-line Room level attacks, the most notable one being Walter slamming him into the side of a building.

The statistics are a mess, and the 7-B ED is the definition of wank here. There's nothing City level about that. He just summons a massive army. It would only be considered that level if he summoned a 7-B character among his army, otherwise, it's nigh-infinitely lower in comparison.

@MrKingOfNegativity

It was revised using heat influx method which is a method accepted over there. Is there a calc check thread here?

on another note, think we should break Alucard's profile into Base, Level One, Level Zero, and EoS.

Here are some Hellsing feats that may be calced:

-Walter's building bust (think this was estimated to be small building level at best)

-Seras's Harkonnen (think we can just google a value) and Tubalcain's card bisecting it in half

-Base anderson cracking hardened tektite glass

-Rip's bullet plowing SR-71 at hypersonic speeds

-base captain breaking a missile with a kick and werewolf form breaking layers of metal

CinCameron20 said:
Also, in the case of him "tanking the SR-71 explosion", please tell me where the hell he is shown tanking it? He isn't shown on panel until after this. For all intensive purposes, I have to ask the following question: didn't he just regenerate from that as well? There's no implication of him tanking that.
He was the one flying the plane into the ship, so that much implies that he was inside of it. But yes, it's very likely that he simply regenerated from it. We know for a fact that he can regenerate everything up to and including his clothes, and if we assume he tanked the explosion with no damage, that just makes the feat an outlier.

Thinking it over, I'm largely in agreement with everything else in this comment, though. Tier 8 feats are sparse as all hell, and what little evidence we have of characters scaling to them is contradicted by the vast bulk of everything else we see in the series. I reckon we're better off sticking with Tier 9 for these characters. That was actually my stance from the beginning.

@MKON - What I meant was, that while the explosion occurred, we don't see what happened to Alucard and later see him standing before Rip Van. Nothing implies he tanked it, and he most likely regenerated from that.

I believe all of the Tier 8 feats, including the TK feat (sucking up all the blood in the city) have been inflated, as many of them are done via cutting or exaggerated (Walter slamming Alucard into a skyscraper that only puts a hole in its side is somehow above 9-A? rofl). We even went ahead an accepted the absolute high-end for the TK feat, which is interesting, given that the feat lies on a couple assumptions in the first place, and the lowest end is barely 8-C

I'm thinking our Hellsing profiles are a leftover of past days, or something. A lot of these stats, calcs, links, etc. seem very old and outdated, and our own methods have changed since the profiles were first made. The wiki doesn't seem to have been as vigilant about people freely adding whatever they wanted to profiles around that time, also. So that might be part of it too.

I think it's best we have this stuff calc'd in-house. The OBD stuff doesn't seem very reliable at this point (for the same reasons you're pointing out), and as far as results go, I personally trust our own calc members more than I trust anyone else.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure the speed calc for Rip Van Winkle's magic bullets might be bogus as well. I just read through the blog, and there're a few assumptions in there that don't sit well with me.

Tarkatower said:
Here are some Hellsing feats that may be calced:

-Walter's building bust (think this was estimated to be small building level at best)

-Seras's Harkonnen (think we can just google a value) and Tubalcain's card bisecting it in half

-Base anderson cracking hardened tektite glass

-Rip's bullet plowing SR-71 at hypersonic speeds

-base captain breaking a missile with a kick and werewolf form breaking layers of metal
Again, the plane Al was flying wasn't an SR-71. It was explicitly stated to be another experimental model of some kind.
Still, we can almost certainly use these. I'll probably request them later if someone else doesn't do so first.

Again, the plane Al was flying wasn't an SR-71. It was explicitly stated to be another experimental model of some kind.
Still, we can almost certainly use these. I'll probably request them later if someone else doesn't do so first.

It's both, says it on the top panel. The exterior is the same, meaning it can be calced as if it were a SR-71. Highly doubt we'd get anything near building level though.

I'm doubtful we'll even be able to use it as a durability feat, seeing as his Regenerationn throws into question whether or not he even properly withstood the damage to begin with. Anything above 9-A seems outlierish at this point, also.

We can probably use it for recalcing the speed of Rip Van Winkle's bullets, though. All things taken into account, I get the feeling we should.

I sent (what I thought to be) the six most worthwhile feats over to the Calc Request thread. Hopefully we'll have word on those soon enough.

I think that the suggested statistics changes seem to make sense.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I agree with every except bullet-level Alucard. That is clear rule of Cool + piercing durability Fallacy. The 9-B to 8-C feats in Hellsing should take precedence on all cases over that.
Authors don't get that even at wall level you would be completely bullet proof, and as a result even the likes of Spawn, Wonder Woman, FFVII characters and more are often vulnerable to Firearms.

It's the biggest PIS and AIS in fiction.
The FFVII characters being able to be shot doesn't mean much given that bullets in that verse are absurdly powerful compared to ours. Yazoo was able to shoot Cloud with enough force that a falling Cloud plus his completed Fusion sword was lifted up into the air, not to mention he could shoot the base Fusion sword and send it flying and embedding itself into a tree with enough length buried that Cloud could stand on it IIRC.

The general "bullets work" in fiction I would argue otherwise. If a character can be shot and hurt by bullets, repeatedly, then bullets can hurt them, end of story. If some author wants to be that inconsistant with the verse that's hardly anyone else's problem.

Alucard ca withstand these cards, which can do this - yes he is damaged by them, heavily even, however he still took much less damage than the building did, but if you don't agree with that feat, just a single card chopped easily Sera's depleted uranium bullets in half, and cut a car in two.

Alucard easily tore apart this guy who withstood Sera's explosive anti tank shells - yeah he only withstood part of it, but it's still impressive, also they can do this as well.

This is the plane type Rip's bullets outraced.

Rip Van Winkle...is a woman. lol

Going to assume you meant Rip's bullet outraced the plane, since Walter doesn't use bullets. Also, Rip's bullets don't explode; that explosion in those scans came from the aircraft itself, not the bullet that destroyed it.

But yeah, the rest seems good.

I though Rip was a guy.

Yes i did mean Walter, i did a lot of editing and switched that name around there. I didn't know his didn't explode, makes sense with the Alucard thing.

I'll change it a little.

I agree with Small Building to Building level stats by the way.

Nope. That's a woman.

Walter doesn't use bullets, though. Those scans you posted are of Rip Van Winkle.

I already included it when I brought that feat to the Calc Requests thread.

But yes, it's further confirmation that he only sliced through two buildings.

Sorry to change the subject but can we just acknowledge that his entire notable attacks section is ripped straight from the Hellsing wikia?

Seras moves at high speeds.

Now, everyone knows this one, so what's the point of adding it? well it has details not elaborated on, so the Captain and Seras withstands this missile at point blank range, however lots of munitions were there as well, which also blew up, the whole explosion covered part of a warehouse - these missiles should also be many times superior to fodder Nazi missiles.

Seras goes through the explosion of her own weapon, which as mentioned before are anti tank rounds.

So they have that much durability, well they shatter both their arms in a clash.

Also, about withstanding the plane crash, Alucard did that in his Shadow form, not his normal one.

So what's the verdict here, building level or small building level?

Also, why were those comments removed?

Still waiting on the six feats I sent in to get calc'd, but I'm thinking Small Building level is probably what we'll end up going with. The top tiers have feats that seem consistently within that range, save for Walter and his cutting two buildings and generally mutilating everyone. That's only with his wires, though.

I'll prefer it if we stick to whatever calc results we get. Whatever's the most consistent rating should be the rating we use.

Yeah, his current profile is a mess. Hopefully we'll be able to remedy that once his feats are calc'd.

We may be able to scale the lower tiers (Tubalcain, Rip Van Winkle, the Valentine Brothers, early-to-mid-series Seras and Walter, etc.) to each other instead of scaling them to the top tiers. I think that's the best thing to do with them.

Back