• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hank Hill's Tier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackythejack

They/Them
Hank Hill's tier is not an outlier for...what reasons exactly? I'm legitimately curious because I have no idea why we took one Building Level feat and upgraded the verse to that immediately when Hank appears to be consistently 9-B or 9-A at most. I've always seen KoTH as a series very much grounded in reality, much more so than the Simpsons and Family Guy. The fact he's so much more powerful has me questioning how much of an outlier his large building level feat is when most series like that tend to max out at Wall Level, and I honestly believe Small Building is a bit generous as I don't entirely know how consistent a Small Building KoTH is n

1. What feats do ya say make it outlier? Like what feats ever controdict that they couldn't be higher? The wall feats don't as those are done with often casually and show no effort in doing em really. And a lot of them as well are very early Series. Megalomart and tank feats are much later into the seasons.

2. Megalomart explosion, which destroyed part of a Giant store only dirtied Hank up and made luanne go bald. A feat which was earlier to this tank feat and a lower tier (luanne) survived with seemingly no major injury. And Hank was again dirtied by it. I had did the numbers on a Page (I'm having it checked over tho) And it had Small building+ for the first explosion, and then the two next eplosions hit building. A low tier survived this earlier into the series to the tank feat.

Propane power should upgrade Hank to Tier 0

No, but for real tho. If it is just one feat out of dozens of lesser feats, it should be outlier.

@Butter Looking at the Megalomart feat, we dont even see Hank directly tank any of the explosions, so i dont even think scaling it to him is possible

Also have to mention. The feat itself ISNT large building. It's Building+. Hank got Large Because He casually one shots the cast. He could one shot Bill and Dale with little effort. It even shows him dominating the two. And he often has one shot bill

Luanne was in it. She was literally talking to the person who was the cause of the explosion. She turned to go walk off and then it goes through the steps of Hank smelling the explosion and it blowing up, and she literally went bald because she got caught In it. And she is low tier

But you can't prove that she wasn't close. And we saw she was relatively close before the explosion. She barely turned and started to walk away before it went off. Unless you can prove otherwise. The best assumption was she was decent close

She would have to be directly at the epicenter for her to sale to the full 9-A. Seeing as she was some distance away, you would have to divide by the surface area of her body

Her distance was small that she made. The last we saw
IMG 5378
She was not even past this Counter area. And the explosion was several feat in size. Plus the third resulting explosion was much closer to luannes side. By what we see, she should have been very close to the resulting explosion. And even if she wasnt fully close to the first one. The third one was much closer to her side and was the stronger result.

I agree that this feat seems to be a massive outlier.

What makes it an outlier? Like I said before. The lower tier stuff like his wall stuff was done much earlier into the series (like the first few seasons) and we're rather casual. (Or with bill, he had been injured while doing one of his feats.)

The Megalomart feat happened in season 3 and a low to mid tier survived it. And the tank feat happened in season 6. And there hasn't been any feats brought up that happened after Said feats that make it more an outlier and less an upgrade in power. Cause if it was going by downgrading Hank cause his much earlier feats were weaker, a lot of other verses need downgrades too.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
A character not being treated as capable of destroying buildings through an entire series is more than enough to point towards Tier 8 being an outlier.
If there is tons of Tier 9 feat yet only one Tier 8 feat, it is an outlier. And I'm farily certain that most of the Tier 9 feats aren't casual to the point where them being Tier 8 would make sense.

I also feel like you massively misinterpret the entire verse. This is not a shonen. This is not an action series where characters get progressively strong and where large differences in power between characters exist. This is a slice-of-life series with some slapstick here and there. You have to treat it like it is, not try and force it to fit the logic of other kind of series.

There is a reason why this Tier 8 stuff was doubted extremely quickly. Slice-of-life series dealing with regular humans have little to no business being full of building busters. You'd need a lot of proofs to excuse normal humans being far higher than their regular counterparts. Proofs that only goes as far as Tier 9 here.

Except it doesn't matter that he is a slice of life character. By no means does Hanks even casual feat point towards being human. We can't use the fact he is a slice of life character and human to fight back feats.

That's like the excuse Batman can't be higher than Peak human cause comics say he is still human. It's fiction. If character A does the feats needed to get to a level. It shouldn't matter much what character you place there.

Hanks Wall feats are casually And Start of the series. The building stuff came later on. And after the Tank feat, there wasn't any real notable feats afterwards. That more helps Hanks case as it being not outlier cause later him doesn't contradict it

There's a gap of a little over a thousand times between 9-B and 8-C though. Not great when your supporting feats are hundreds to thousands of times weaker.

Being start of series doesn't matter, this isn't some weird power escalation type deal. There being no notable feats after hurts your point, making 8-C look less consistent.

Portrayal plays a large part in determining which feats are outliers or not. A normal human mostly portrayed as a normal human with a few Tier 9 feats has nothing to support Tier 8.

Except that Batman has consistant feat on his tier, alongside everyone he scales to. This is not the case for Hank. There is one Tier 8 feat alongside tons of Tier 9 feats. Again, you need a lot of proof to disprove normal humans being higher than 10-B in a verse. And we only have proofs for Tier 9 here.

There is no reason to assume Hank got stronger than later in the series outside of feats. Therefore, yes these feats are contradicted by earlier feats. Again, this isn't a shonen. No one in the series constantly train to become more powerful each season. We don't give out assumptions of later = stronger to every verse freely.

Also im like 99% sure Hank and the rest of the cast have shown to be threatened by things far below 8-C

WeeklyBattles said:
Also im like 99% sure Hank and the rest of the cast have shown to be threatened by things far below 8-C
Doesn't this happen in a lot of verses tho?.

However, I agree with the other points people have made in the thread.

It does, but in most verses, it's an absurd outlier for characters with far more feats and who are generally treated as superhuman.

Stuff like Hulk losing to a Gorilla, Goku getting harmed by a rock or Reimu being treatened by regular knives is nowhere near comparable to a normal human with a few Tier 9 feats being threatened by normal human stuff that just so happens to not be 8-C, which was only shown once.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
There is a reason why this Tier 8 stuff was doubted extremely quickly. Slice-of-life series dealing with regular humans have little to no business being full of building busters. You'd need a lot of proofs to excuse normal humans being far higher than their regular counterparts. Proofs that only goes as far as Tier 9 here.
this reminds me that Akaza Akari still hasn't been downgraded yet

8-C is their Peak. An 8-C attack is what does the damage. Shown that bill was bruised up.

And what exactly? What have they shown to be threaten by that isn't another character? This verse may not be people who go around smashing buildings. But they are meant to be tough, and shown very super human feats. Hank is put at a place where he can ragdoll military, and most everyone in the verse he has ever made fight contact with. The only time he felt threaten that I can remember is when it was a racoon with The threat of possible rabies or other sickness. He wasn't even afraid of the critter itself. Just the threat of rabies and others sickness.

First few season held Quite a few casual Wall feats. The Megalomart feat (which even when doing the surface area for her body. Even the lowest ends all were 3 small building explosions. And the higher ends was 2 small building+ explosions and a building explosion.) And this tank feat which is a much later feat and shown to about be their peak area. I still say it should stay. It isn't outlier. It's the verse showing their peak. Wall stuff is very casual, 3 Small buildings (or 2 small building+ and a building) just caused Luanne to go bald. And the tank feat shows to be the peak.

Yeah, I'd saythe cast should probably be put back to Wall Level or whatever they were before. Maybe a Possibly 8-C would be better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back