• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Amazing Digital Circus HUGE AP UPGRADE

Oh, but if I just say "Disagree FRA" I'm derailing too, right? If you can't stand the heat of a debate like Imaginym here get outta the forge mate, nothing more to it!
If they want to disagree, they can just say so.

As is, they're just not engaging in actual discussion, and we're going in circles entertaining their derailment of the thread.
Think before you type. It's not a race.

I do agree that it's unfortunate we haven't seen much progress towards a conclusion for much of recently.

To his credit, I do feel that I understand his perspective of not scaling characters to a feat of another character they haven't interacted with in a statistics-relevant manner, especially when said separate character's feat is outlierish-ly above the characters' own feats.

Hence why "possibly" seems reasonable to me.
Indeed!
When I said that, it was on the topic of the 200 kg threshold for KE feats he alluded to, the introduction of which I doubt he was responsible for; I feel you've got wrong the context of my words that you're quoting in this response.
I don't even do calcs, so if I Introduced such a rule that would've been a treat!
To their credit, Ragatha has taken the greatest quantity & notability of hits from Abstracted Kaufmo by far.
& Gooseworx's statement was about if they can feel the pain, & how all of them have a toony capacity to handle harm. Especially considering Ragatha's teaser, it could be possible some have different capacities, although we lack evidence for that.

Mind, as said, it's weaker evidence, since Pomni only took the 1 hit & no other non-AI/NPC harms Pomni.
But yes, it is evidence.
He/him, if ya give a damn, I certainly don't.
Sorry if y'all minds my arguable argumentativeness.
TBH I like how you debate, it's very organized, thorough, and shows a high willingness to ask questions about things you don't know but want to know
You are more civil than most.
Yep, like shouting that someone is derailing when you don't get your way in a debate when it took somebody else all of one post to get me to go "huh, cool."

I have an aggressive debating style, sorry for having a more aggressive personality when arguing I guess

Yep, like shouting that someone is derailing when you don't get your way in a debate when it took somebody else all of one post to get me to go "huh, cool."

I have an aggressive debating style, sorry for having a more aggressive personality when arguing I guess
Bro just not reading my messages anymore in order to preserve their ego 💀

Bro just not reading my messages anymore in order preserve their ego 💀
I've insulted myself more then I have everybody else combined lmfao

Under any reflection of the majority of my past actions I actually remember I'm usually calling myself an idiot and looking upon my past self with palpable disdain lmfao, I've even done it on Discord

But this right here, is actually derailing

Can't be calced, unfortunately, KE rules means if it's under 200 Kilograms KE can't be used, and a Bowling Pin does not weigh 400 pounds lol
Bro the 200 kg limit is only there for Kaiju wtf are you on
Who knows. Just been throwing all kinds of stuff out there.
That's actually handled, if we see the damage done that takes priority, but if I am wrong like Honesty is saying, carry on
Oh, but if I just say "Disagree FRA" I'm derailing too, right? If you can't stand the heat of a debate like Imaginym here get outta the forge mate, nothing more to it!

If it's for living characters? Huh, must've misunderstood the KE rules then, carry on.
Since I was already interested in the source, I did some looking.

• A giant character, one weighing 200kg or more, is moving themselves. For launching feats such a minimum mass isn't necessary.
@DaReaperMan : Was this what you were referring to?

As for the mention of damage taking priority, that seems to be from the "Speed cannot be used to find KE when" section:
  • There is a destruction/AP calculation contradicting a kinetic energy calculation. The destruction/AP calculation would take priority over the kinetic energy calculation in this case as the AP calculation would be a better proof in regards to how much damage he/she is capable of in an attack.
    • For example, if a character launches a 200kg metal ball against a common wall at Mach 300, but the wall remains largely undamaged, the energy required to cause the minor damage on the wall would take priority over the kinetic energy derived from speed in this case.
I'm not sure if knocking over the bowling pin Gloinks would take priority over the moving Kinger+Gangle ball that rolls through them, which is what causes their launch to begin with.
The rush forward for Durability of Pomni and Ragatha

Uh, outside of like, size and weight, you can't use calcs for other calcs
You can't calc KE when Speed & Mass are also calced values?
Still gotta find something to get the mass of Kaufmo tho
He/him, if ya give a damn, I certainly don't.
No offense meant, but I said "their" in that case in large part because it was not only to your credit -In how reasonable I considered what you said to be- but to Ragatha's credit, in that it's notable how she took so many hits from Abstracted Kaufmo.
Apologies if you mind being referred to in the same collective "their" as 1 including a fictional -Albeit, very endearing- fictional character.

Still, duly noted. I do believe I recalled such preferences about you, but it surely shouldn't hurt to keep them in mind!
TBH I like how you debate, it's very organized, thorough, and shows a high willingness to ask questions about things you don't know but want to know
Thanks!
That's something else I've noted. No offense meant.
Still, individuality has its merits, & you can't make a leopard change its spots or force a horse to drink or such, figuratively speaking.
Yeah: I agree with the upgrade. I think there's enough. But having more evidence in the form of another episode, and more feats/statements would be nice to be far more confident about such an upgrade and all.
I know your pain. Those 30 US dollars each plushies better be selling like hotcakes. (Not to say you should go buy one; No offense meant to Glitch, but money should be spent responsibly.)
You are more civil than most.
Thanks to you also!
Bro just not reading my messages anymore in order to preserve their ego 💀
Especially now that pages are only 40 messages/posts each, I don't think the message where you said this was a great contribution to this CRT.

Last edited:
I've insulted myself more then I have everybody else combined lmfao

Under any reflection of the majority of my past actions I actually remember I'm usually calling myself an idiot and looking upon my past self with palpable disdain lmfao, I've even done it on Discord

But this right here, is actually derailing
I do find it funny I can reliably get you to get so totally-not-mad that you respond to me with 'no u!'

Keep up.
Especially now that pages are only 40 messages/posts each, I don't think the message where you said this was a great contribution to this CRT.
I know it's not. And neither has attempting to engage with Reaper, clearly. Far from the first time I've seen them derail, or attempt to derail threads in this exact way.

I'll stop engaging with them. You can try, but I'm just telling it like it is.

Since I was already interested in the source, I did some looking.

• A giant character, one weighing 200kg or more, is moving themselves. For launching feats such a minimum mass isn't necessary.
@DaReaperMan : Was this what you were referring to?

As for the mention of damage taking priority, that seems to be from the "Speed cannot be used to find KE when" section:
  • There is a destruction/AP calculation contradicting a kinetic energy calculation. The destruction/AP calculation would take priority over the kinetic energy calculation in this case as the AP calculation would be a better proof in regards to how much damage he/she is capable of in an attack.
    • For example, if a character launches a 200kg metal ball against a common wall at Mach 300, but the wall remains largely undamaged, the energy required to cause the minor damage on the wall would take priority over the kinetic energy derived from speed in this case.
Then yeah I was totally wrong lmfao, now I don't gotta imagine being wrong about this
I'm not sure if knocking over the bowling pin Gloinks would take priority over the moving Kinger+Gangle ball that rolls through them, which is what causes their launch to begin with.
kinger+Gangle probably has more KE, TBH, plus Jax kicks one...

wait.

All right, we have heights now, calc from Bowling Pins.
You can't calc when Speed is a calced value(for instance if someone has a calced mach 1.34 feat and someone blitzes them, or when calcing KE of that hit, I actually removed two feats for calc stacking like the ladder very recently)

But you can use stated or calculated mass for KE, as that's an essential part of it
No offense meant I said "their" in that case in large part because it was not only to your credit -In how reasonable I considered what you said to be- but to Ragatha's credit, in that it's notable how she took so many hits from Abstracted Kaufmo.
Apologies if you mind being referred to in the same collective "their" as 1 including a fictional -Albeit, very endearing- fictional character.

Still, duly noted. I do believe I recalled such preferences about you, but it surely shouldn't hurt to keep them in mind!
Heh, I don't give a damn, call me bitch/asshole for all I care...

Actually that'd probably be funny.
That's something else I've noted. No offense meant.
Still, individuality has its merits, & you can't make a leopard change its spots or force a horse to drink or such, figuratively speaking.
Yep, I'm here to argue and enjoy doing it

And cause wars between popular verses

And RPing

And meming-

Okay I do a lot here.

Anyways:

This only refers to using speed alone for KE. In a similar way that you cannot use FTL speeds for a KE calculation, speed can often grossly conflate the actual damage output a character may be capable of. Kind of a reductionist summary, but if a character is attacking something of a certain mass at a certain speed, or using an attack to destroy something in a certain time frame involving distance, it's fine. In this regard, most KE calcs are fine: It's just in using speed as the primary 'justification,' or means of reasoning out a characters strength that isn't. Good example being something like trying to use a character's incredibly fast travel speed to derive KE.
I know your pain. Those 30 US dollars each plushies better be selling like hotcakes. (Not to say you should go buy one; No offense meant to Glitch, but money should be spent responsibly.)
What's this about plushes? Do they have like, lore or stuff attached to them?
Thanks to you also!
Of course! You engage in good faith, and I respect your maintaining of civility despite circumstances.

I do find it funny I can reliably get you to get so totally-not-mad that you respond to me with 'no u!'

Keep up.
If I was mad I wouldn't be in any way civil with anyone I responded to, instead of only being the bitch to you and Dom when he was responding

That, or I'd post a Bob Ross video for myself to watch to calm down

Yes I've actually done that before

also how do you find my most civil post to you here yet me being mad?

Think before you type. It's not a race.
The pace of this thread does seem to have been rather notably brisk recently, yes.
Part of me presumes this is because folks are often predisposed to participating during weekends.
Then yeah I was totally wrong lmfao, now I don't gotta imagine being wrong about this
Yay!
kinger+Gangle probably has more KE, TBH, plus Jax kicks one...
Yeah, Jax kicks one, but I'd be surprised if him kicking one yields more than him throwing a bowling ball a few meters enough to displace whatever a giant king chess piece man in a royal robe weighs.
wait.

All right, we have heights now, calc from Bowling Pins.
Nice!
So we know how big a bowling pin is, use character height to find size of Gloink, apply square cube law on Gloink to determine how much its different size from a typical bowling pin should influence its mass & calculate its mass?
Though, if we're to go that route, there is density; What, if anything do we assume for a Gloink's material/density? Same as a regular bowling pin? Plastic? Wood?
You can't calc when Speed is a calced value(for instance if someone has a calced mach 1.34 feat and someone blitzes them, or when calcing KE of that hit, I actually removed two feats for calc stacking like the ladder very recently)
Ah. Troubling.
So we can't calc Abstracted Kaufmo's mass AND speed to use for KE because of Calc Stacking rules?

Given this excerpt from Calc Stacking's page:
  • Using speed of characters or attacks calculated at other instances can't be used, as characters and attacks can vary in speed. This is the case regardless of whether the character is seriously trying to do their best or anything similar.
What if we calculated the Speed Abstracted Kaufmo demonstrated in the same scene where Ragatha & Pomni were knocked over?
But you can use stated or calculated mass for KE, as that's an essential part of it
Laughs in electricity & numbers.
Heh, I don't give a damn, call me bitch/asshole for all I care...

Actually that'd probably be funny.
That WOULD be an exceptional juxtaposition of my known characterization, wouldn't it?
You bonhomous bonehead, you.
Yep, I'm here to argue and enjoy doing it

And cause wars between popular verses

And RPing

And meming-

Okay I do a lot here.
Glad that you're enjoying yourself.
This only refers to using speed alone for KE. In a similar way that you cannot use FTL speeds for a KE calculation, speed can often grossly conflate the actual damage output a character may be capable of. Kind of a reductionist summary, but if a character is attacking something of a certain mass at a certain speed, or using an attack to destroy something in a certain time frame involving distance, it's fine. In this regard, most KE calcs are fine: It's just in using speed as the primary 'justification,' or means of reasoning out a characters strength that isn't. Good example being something like trying to use a character's incredibly fast travel speed to derive KE.
In other words, if it wasn't for the calc stacking conundrum of Abstracted Kaufmo lacking a stated speed/mass, we'd be able to calc it?
Presuming it doesn't qualify for any kind of exception.
What's this about plushes? Do they have like, lore or stuff attached to them?
I'm presuming you like many often reasonably do, have skipped the credits.
The credits features ads for merchandises, including plushies. In my part of the world, the listed price converts to about 30 USD.

The official pilot's video currenty has in the description:
HELP US GREENLIGHT A FULL SEASON! LIMITED EDITION MERCH: http://digitalcircus.store/
Hence me bringing up plushies when you lamented not having more episodes. (Again, not to say anyone should buy anything; Money should be managed responsibly!)

By the way in the past few hours, said video passed 100 million views. Also, IDK when they got there, but GLITCH now has 5.01 million subscribers. Congrats to them. Hopefully that helps them!
Of course! You engage in good faith, and I respect your maintaining of civility despite circumstances.
Thanks again!
That, or I'd post a Bob Ross video for myself to watch to calm down

Yes I've actually done that before
Post for you to watch yourself? Again, no offense meant, but are you unable to watch Youtube on its own site but are able to watch it on VSBW??

Last edited:
Yay!

Yeah, Jax kicks one, but I'd be surprised if him kicking one yields more than him throwing a bowling ball a few meters enough to displace whatever a giant king chess piece man in a royal robe weighs.

Nice!
So we know how big a bowling pin is, use character height to find size of Gloink, apply square cube law on Gloink to determine how much its different size from a typical bowling pin should influence its mass & calculate its mass?
Though, if we're to go that route, there is density; What, if anything do we assume for a Gloink's material/density? Same as a regular bowling pin? Plastic? Wood?
Yeah, just use the objects, I'm talking about using the Bowling Pins as a reference to get the height of Jax, and from Jax, the height of the cast.
Ah. Troubling.
So we can't calc Abstracted Kaufmo's mass AND speed to use for KE because of Calc Stacking rules?
We have nothing to get Abstracted Kaufmo's mass, that's the problem here
  • Using speed of characters or attacks calculated at other instances can't be used, as characters and attacks can vary in speed. This is the case regardless of whether the character is seriously trying to do their best or anything similar.
What if we calculated the Speed Abstracted Kaufmo demonstrated in the same scene where Ragatha & Pomni were knocked over?
That would be fine, but see above for mass
Laughs in electricity & numbers.

That WOULD be an exceptional juxtaposition of my known characterization, wouldn't it?
You bonhomous bonehead, you.

Glad that you're enjoying yourself.
Lmfao
In other words, if it wasn't for the calc stacking conundrum of Abstracted Kaufmo lacking a stated speed/mass, we'd be able to calc it?
Yeah, using Inverse Square Law you can get how much energy Pomni and Ragatha actually tanked
Post for you to watch yourself? Again, no offense meant, but are you unable to watch Youtube on its own site but are able to watch it on VSBW??
Nah, it's so I can be impatient and constantly check my alerts

Yeah, just use the objects, I'm talking about using the Bowling Pins as a reference to get the height of Jax, and from Jax, the height of the cast.
Ah yeah, this does seem like a good idea!
We have nothing to get Abstracted Kaufmo's mass, that's the problem here

That would be fine, but see above for mass
Indeed.
It may be worth clarifying that the electricty & numbers is a reference to this.
There's some immediately inferrable implications from it, but it's also said about "taste", so....
Yeah, using Inverse Square Law you can get how much energy Pomni and Ragatha actually tanked
Not familiar with anyone using that.
Anyone feel up to it?
Nah, it's so I can be impatient and constantly check my alerts
XD

The pace of this thread does seem to have been rather notably brisk recently, yes.
Part of me presumes this is because folks are often predisposed to participating during weekend

Forget where I said it originally; but in going back to that scene, assuming that Gloink is actually the size of a Ten-Point pin, I found it'd put Jax at a really small size. He's actually not much larger than it: Charitably, it's a third of his size. In actuality, it's nearly half his size.

I could be biased, but I'm unsure from that the Gloink is actually the size of a Ten-Point pin, and is probably just designed like one. Currently, an accepted calculation done by Dom uses Pomni's height at about the height average female, and that would especially make Jax's height weird if the Ten-Point Gloink truly is the size of the irl pin it is designed off of. Also, in making sure the Jax calc of him snapping a board is more accurate, I pixel scaled model sheets off the notion that Pomni is average female height. It's a shame the TADC wiki just made up heights before. Would be nice to have actual, official heights.
Ah. Troubling.

I sent this to the official thread for sure: Though not accepted or evaluated yet, someone actually did attempt to calculate his speed when charging. Not sure how we would get mass admittedly due to his messed up physiology.
We do have him destroying marble and ground. In another currently accepted calc done by Dom, this yields 9-A results. We already have solid evidence in a calc.

While it would be nice to have his mass, it doesn't seem necessary. He's unlikely to show up again. Don't even know why his mass was brought up, to be honest...
I'm presuming you like many often reasonably do, have skipped the credits.
The credits features ads for merchandises, including plushies. In my part of the world, the listed price converts to about 30 USD.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:King_Dom470/Kaufmo_Falls_Through_the_Floor
The official pilot's video currenty has in the description:
HELP US GREENLIGHT A FULL SEASON! LIMITED EDITION MERCH: http://digitalcircus.store/
Hence me bringing up plushies when you lamented not having more episodes. (Again, not to say anyone should buy anything; Money should be managed responsibly!)
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:King_Dom470/Kaufmo_Falls_Through_the_Floor
By the way in the past few hours, said video passed 100 million views. Also, IDK when they got there, but GLITCH now has 5.01 million subscribers. Congrats to them. Hopefully that helps them!
Ah, I see.

I did see the plushes being advertised in the credits, though I hadn't realized that's how they were advertising it. Maybe they were worried the pilot wouldn't go so well?

In any case, it's been a smash success, and it's very likely just like, additional revenue. Merchandizing is incredibly profitable. Also yeah: Glad they've reached such numbers! The Pilot was pretty good, and with that and the other stuff they've been up to as an indie animation studio, they deserve the success.

The video you sent was in Turkish, I think it automatically translates like MrBeast
Ah, could be. I'm pretty sure it has official subtitles AND audio tracks for multiple languages, so it's quite possible Turkish language is among at least 1 of those.
Personally, it baffles me that an apparent indie studio, even 1 with so many hits, for a pilot with roughly 100 million views, can dub their episode into 11 different languages.

That said, we have a General Discussion thread if you just wanna talk about TADC without necessarily concerning yourself about the AP (& Durability.) & such like this Content Revision Thread is for. No offense meant.

I'm gonna start getting some staff members in here because so far were 3 pages in and I don't think even one has shown up yet
Mind, with the new page system, 3 pages is less than 120 posts, but yeah. A major CRT would probably need staff approval at some point, anyway.

So, we're all roughly agreeing that it should be something like "X rating for the cast, possibly [whatever Ragatha downscales to]" or such?

We seem to have reached at least 1 conclusion.
Excluding the matter of Speed, which, IIRC, is to be done in another thread, has anyone contacted any Staff to comment here, since we seem to have reached a consensus on at least 1 matter?

We seem to have reached at least 1 conclusion.
Excluding the matter of Speed, which, IIRC, is to be done in another thread, has anyone contacted any Staff to comment here, since we seem to have reached a consensus on at least 1 matter?
I’ve tired a couple but none have responded thus far. Good news is though that once we get enough the changes will be immediately good to apply

Something almost unimportant: Since the characters now do not have canonical heights and I took the liberty of calculating them (this calculation of their heights was accepted), calculation 9-A should be redone. Although it's probably still 9-A and it doesn't change the fact that Ragatha should scale to that anyway.

Something almost unimportant: Since the characters now do not have canonical heights and I took the liberty of calculating them (this calculation of their heights was accepted), calculation 9-A should be redone. Although it's probably still 9-A and it doesn't change the fact that Ragatha should scale to that anyway.
It woulda actually make the calc slightly higher since kaufmos calculated height is bigger than my calculated height

To tell the truth, I'm starting to doubt this a little. It's true that Kaufmo hit Ragatha, but he probably didn't do it with all his might.

When Kaufmo slammed Ragatha into the walls, he did no damage to any of these walls. Neither did he do damage to the floor when he hit it trying to hit Pomni (In fact, after writing this I realize that his first blow did make a mark on the ground, the rest did not, this shows that he does not always hit with the same amount of force).

However, on other occasions Kaufmo has been seen hitting other characters and causing damage to the floor, such as when he punched a Gloink and the floor beneath it was cracked. Also here, when he hit this plastic monkey.

This makes me think that Kaufmo simply hits the characters with a variable force, but not with his full force.

Please someone tell me I'm wrong, because I would like to see the TADC characters in 9-A xd.

To tell the truth, I'm starting to doubt this a little. It's true that Kaufmo hit Ragatha, but he probably didn't do it with all his might.

When Kaufmo slammed Ragatha into the walls, he did no damage to any of these walls. Neither did he do damage to the floor when he hit it trying to hit Pomni (In fact, after writing this I realize that his first blow did make a mark on the ground, the rest did not, this shows that he does not always hit with the same amount of force).
That honestly seems like plot-induced stupidity. Kaufmo is clearly shown to be barely sentient since he just kinda attacks anything that moves I doubt he’d have enough self control to purposefully limit himself (plus if he did have that level of self control then why would he attack at all? And I think it’s stated somewhere that they completely lose their minds anyways). Especially considering how aggressively he seemed to attack her

That honestly seems like plot-induced stupidity. Kaufmo is clearly shown to be barely sentient since he just kinda attacks anything that moves I doubt he’d have enough self control to purposefully limit himself (plus if he did have that level of self control then why would he attack at all? And I think it’s stated somewhere that they completely lose their minds anyways). Especially considering how aggressively he seemed to attack her
Neither did he do damage to the floor when he hit it trying to hit Pomni (In fact, after writing this I realize that his first blow did make a mark on the ground, the rest did not, this shows that he does not always hit with the same amount of force).
I mean, if they went to the trouble of adding a crack mark to the floor on the first hit and then didn't do it when the other hits occurred, I think it is a clear demonstration that Kaufmo's first blow was much stronger than the other blows.

I don't know, but that certainly makes me quite doubtful. Kaufmo has the power to destroy the floor and reach where the Gloink Queen was, but however that did not happen when he hit this Gloink even though Kaufmo was attacking in an aggressive way.

When he fell while chasing pomni the floor was only slightly cracked. When later he easily broke the the floor so it just seems to be an inconsistency.

Besides the thing doesn’t make them all 9-A outright. It makes most of the cast 9-C, possibly 9-A

When he fell while chasing pomni the floor was only slightly cracked. When later he easily broke the the floor so it just seems to be an inconsistency.

Besides the thing doesn’t make them all 9-A outright. It makes most of the cast 9-C, possibly 9-A
The fall that cracked the ground is a feat of Durability, he did not hit the ground and caused it to crack, he fell and his weight colliding with the ground caused it to crack. So it's not an inconsistency, it's a feat that has nothing to do with the feat of destroying the floor.

And again, I don't think the characters should be "possibly 9-A" because it's clear that Kaufmo doesn't hit with the same amount of force all the time despite being angry, and even though he hit Ragatha against the walls, he did not damage any walls even though other times he does damage structures when hitting them. He just didn't hit Ragatha with all of his strength.

After thinking it through, I think they should stay at 9-C.

Back