• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Granny Tier Revision

Someone else also ran over her in reverse in this video at the 21:7 mark. She clearly gets knocked out by it, as you can see in the text that says she is gone. That clearly means it's a game mechanic meant to happen. Does not matter if it phases or not since it's clearly something the programmer intended. And no, neither of the videos are modded. The trivia section of the car's wiki page on he Granny wiki clearly says at the bottom that you can run over her.

Phasing through something then not being able to move because you're inside it.

Is different to tanking a direct hit from something.

The car phasing through means that it cannot be a durability feat.

The whole game is like that. Clipping, phasing, they are all glitches. The tranqulizers phase through her, but they still work on her. Do we discount the tranqulizers? I know we don't accept glitches for feats on this wiki, but running her over itself isn't the glitch, the glitch is phasing through her instead of her reacting normally. Take that as you will.

Maybe we can discount the force of her being pinned to the wall or the staircase and just take into account the speed and force of the car itself.

There are other clips of her getting run over and not being knocked out, because it phased through her.

Tranquilizers have an obvious and described in-game usage, even if its representation is buggy.

It seems like it is a glitch and the game just says she's knocked out whenever she can't move for any reason, and the car clipping into her caused that.

Okay well, the wiki says that that was an intended use. Granted, wikis are not entirely reliable. This one and many other are proof of that. I suppose someone can ask the creator if the car is supposed to do that or not. Whatever, that's up for you guys to decide.

When you say it phases through her, is it a direct it or is she just phasing through the side door? if it's the latter, I think the reason she phases through it is because it has to be a direct hit. That's just my assumption though.

She phased through it here.

Oh. That was a part of the cutscene. Every time you beat the game by breaking out through the garage, that clip plays, and in it, she always appears right where the car was as it broke through the wall to watch you drive off, even if she wasn't even in the garage at the time. If you pay close attention, you will notice that she was not in front of the wall when the car drove into it in that video. Yes it does always make it look like the car phased through her like a ghost, but that's not a gameplay mechanic, that's a weird part of the cutscene. It happens so she can always be there to watch your escape, even though it makes no sense. It does not have anything to do with any attempts to run her over in game. If you don't believe me, see this video for example. From the 11:10 mark to the 11:50 mark, see is not in the garage, but as soon as the wall is broken down, she's instantly there at the end to see you drive off, making it look like the car phased through her. The only time that doesn't happen is in practice mode, where she's not even in the house and all the endings are different, like in the 9:40 mark of this video.

Okay, so do you have any video evidence of her not being phased through when it's a direct hit?

There are two videos that I posted that so her getting knocked out when directly hit instead of phasing through it. Both are of her getting hit when the car backs up. You have seen them. this video at the 21:7 mark, and this video at the 32:40 mark. both have her getting knocked out instead of just phasing through it. You earlier suspected that they were mods. They don't seem that way to me.

It SAYS she's gone, but it SHOWS her phasing through.

Getting "knocked out" and "phasing through" are not mutually exclusive here. You can see her clipping into the car in both of those, AND you can see it saying she was "gone".

I haven't played the game, I can't tell what's a mod or not, but Kuroiha seemed to think it was a mod, you can read their reasons for it.

I just watched more clips of Granny supposedly getting "hit" by the car. If she was knocked out, I don't get why she just randomly phases through the car after the car breaks the door again. The main door ending I can understand, but not the car. The "Denis" version seems fake as hell. 3ric 2000's seems a bit more reliable but again, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I feel like the car feat should be deemed "PIS" due to inconsistency from the creator, DVloper.

She always gets knocked out by the car except for in the cutscene. I would call it CIW; Cutscene Induced Weirdness. I suppose someone could ask DVloper about it, though.

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
She always gets knocked out by the car except for in the cutscene. I would call it CIW; Cutscene Induced Weirdness. I suppose someone could ask DVloper about it, though.
I am okay with this.

I'm pretty sure we don't accept author statements any more. "Death of the author" and all that.

Kuroiha said:
Sans2345 said:
Kuroiha said:
Agnaa said:
I'm pretty sure we don't accept author statements any more. "Death of the author" and all that.
What? Um, wdym by "Death of the author"?
Would phasing through cars be simple game logic?
What do you mean by that?
Despite the fact its a video game i think "phasing" through the car when she gets hit is simple game logic you know cause its literally made with the unity engine

Sans2345 said:
Kuroiha said:
Sans2345 said:
Kuroiha said:
Agnaa said:
Despite the fact its a video game i think "phasing" through the car when she gets hit is simple game logic you know cause its literally made with the unity engine
Ugh. Fine, even if it was real, I doubt that was above High 9-C due to it being backwards and not fully hitting her.

You do know that normal kids have been hit by cars and have survived, right?

Kuroiha said:
Sans2345 said:
Kuroiha said:
Sans2345 said:
Kuroiha said:
Agnaa said:
Ugh. Fine, even if it was real, I doubt that was above High 9-C due to it being backwards and not fully hitting her.
You do know that normal kids have been hit by cars and have survived, right?
I did not even know also the car was not backwards.

So should i giver her street level durability, for getting hit by a car and survived or?

Sans2345 said:
So should i giver her street level durability, for getting hit by a car and survived or?
It's fine by me. Street level is actually what she should be, but since we don't have calcs on the feats, we put her at "likely higher". So yes, if others think so too, 9-C is fine.

Probably not Peak Human. She does not look to be going that fast. The Granny Wiki even says this on the page about her spider:

"It moves remarkably fast, able to outrun the Player. However, this could be due to the player's injuries preventing them from moving faster than a brisk walk. Judging by Granny's speed in Extreme mode, it is likely that the player isn't sprinting".

Frieza force soldier 100 said:
Probably not Peak Human. She does not look to be going that fast. The Granny Wiki even says this on the page about her spider:
"It moves remarkably fast, able to outrun the Player. However, this could be due to the player's injuries preventing them from moving faster than a brisk walk. Judging by Granny's speed in Extreme mode, it is likely that the player isn't sprinting".
I'd say athletic human.

It's the idea that when talking about fiction, that once something is released, the author has no control over, and doesn't matter at all, when discussing the text. The only thing that matters is what's in that fiction itself.

You shouldn't judge it by anything other than what was written.

Agnaa said:
It's the idea that when talking about fiction, that once something is released, the author has no control over, and doesn't matter at all, when discussing the text. The only thing that matters is what's in that fiction itself.
You shouldn't judge it by anything other than what was written.

Oh. Thank you.

Back