• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Granny and Slendrina's verse should be moved to FC/OC.

It’s True, but as vy said App Store isn’t reliable I think you get a license for any game you publish on App Store but it doesn’t mean you get the trademark for any character in the game, those are different things
I'm not sure if that works like that, the game content is part of the game, if you have a license for the game you should have a license for the content in it.

So, I think DVloper could get into legal trouble for that.

So, I have 2 suggestions.

1- Accept that this has as much validity as this and stick with the original plan.

2- Since DVloper's website only says that the license covers all GRANNY content, that means Slendrina is not licensed. So, we move the Slendrina series to FC/OC and leave the Granny series in vsbw.

And before you tell me "the Granny series makes a lot of references to the Slendrina series", The Twins does too, and it even has Granny and Grandpa, however, it's not canon to Granny. So having references to the Slendrina series doesn't mean they are canon to each other.

I'm not sure if that works like that, the game content is part of the game, if you have a license for the game you should have a license for the content in it.

1- Accept that this has as much validity as this and stick with the original plan.

2- Since DVloper's website only says that the license covers all GRANNY content, that means Slendrina is not licensed. So, we move the Slendrina series to FC/OC and leave the Granny series in vsbw.

And before you tell me "the Granny series makes a lot of references to the Slendrina series", The Twins does too, and it even has Granny and Grandpa, however, it's not canon to Granny. So having references to the Slendrina series doesn't mean they are canon to each other.
But two Slendrina characters appears as actual antagonists especially Slendrina mother where there is no reference of it being non canon to granny saga, if there was. There would be a option to include her as enemy just like in the twins and granny 3

This seems to make sense

But two Slendrina characters appears as actual antagonists especially Slendrina mother where there is no reference of it being non canon to granny saga, if there was. There would be a option to include her as enemy just like in the twins and granny 3
As I mentioned above, these franchises can collab with one another without sharing all its canon content.

The same thing literally happens in The Twins and it's not canon yet. So, in the case of DVloper, the appearance of characters from other games is not an impediment for the series to be non-canon to each other.
Why would dvloper make it so specific for Slendrina mother case then, surely he would have made a option to include her just like in twins

Why would dvloper make it so specific for Slendrina mother case then, surely he would have made a option to include her just like in twins
Maybe he wanted to put a reference.

If you think about it, Slendrina's mother being chained up there doesn't make much sense either. She is freed from her chains in Slendrina X and the castle is destroyed. So Granny couldn't have gotten a piece of the castle wall where Slendrina's mother is tied up, because the castle no longer existed and Slendrina's mother was free.

But doesn't really make sense also one of the endings shows granny with slendrina teddy bear
We already said that including material from other series does not make them canonical to each other, I will mention The Twins as many times as necessary.

Those would be non-canon versions of Slendrina.

OP updated, I just noticed that the only profile here from the Slendrina series, is the Slendrina profile. It's the only profile that needs to be moved.

Back