• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Granny and Slendrina's verse should be moved to FC/OC.

Well, I was planning to make a CRT to update several characters from this verse but then I remembered something, Slenderman appears in some Slendrina games and has his own game made by DVloper in which Slendrina appears (Slender Man Rise Again). That's a problem because Slenderman is not a public domain character, and DVloper himself has admitted that he does not have permission to use the character. So, I think we should move the profiles and verse page to FC/OC.

I... don't think that's how we judge verses here.

Like, whether or not they can legally use one character from a different verse has no bearing on whether or not the verse itself is just fanfiction of that one character.

I... don't think that's how we judge verses here.

Like, whether or not they can legally use one character from a different verse has no bearing on whether or not the verse itself is just fanfiction of that one character.
I'm sure we do. Several profiles of alternative versions of Slenderman have been removed because they came from series or fan movies (Windigo, Slender 2016, The Administrator, Slender from The Eight Pages games [although I managed to bring it back recently since I proved it's official, although that's not the point], etc) and the "Animator Vs. Animation" verse was recently moved to FC/OC for containing copyrighted material and characters. This is a fan created verse where it includes a copyrighted character, I don't see the difference between the examples I gave and DVLoper's verse.

If this verse were allowed here, we would have to be able to create a profile of Slenderman (DVloper), but we can't because this version of Slenderman is a fan character.

Last edited:
Well, is granny a fan character?
Granny is part of a verse that includes a fan character (in fact, I have no idea why the verse is called "Granny" here, the Granny Trilogy is just a spin-off of the Slendrina Series, which is the main series, but well, that's not the point).

Granny is part of a verse that includes a fan character (in fact, I have no idea why the verse is called "Granny" here, the Granny Trilogy is just a spin-off of the Slendrina Series, which is the main series, but well, that's not the point).
Granny is the more popular and prominent series. It's also the one we know most about lore-wise i'm pretty sure.

Having a fan character exist doesn't invalidate the whole verse.

Having a fan character turns the verse into fanfic, especially in this case. If it were an unimportant appearance then I would agree with you, but Slenderman does not appear as a cameo or a reference, but rather as one of the most important characters (being Slendrina's father, and Granny and Grandpa's son-in-law )and he even has his own game in the DVloper verse where he is the main antagonist, and I'm sure this would be treated here as fanfic, since that was what happened in the past with EverymanHYBRID's Slenderman and other verses that contained the character, these were eliminated for the same reason, they were not official versions of the character nor do they have permission to use the character, they are fanfic. Anyway, let's let the staff decide.

Last edited:
i mean by this thread's logic a lot of verses should be wiped from the wiki.

Family Guy, The Simpsons, South Park, quite literally every adult animated series feature copyrighted characters that they don't own the rights to. The latter of the three shows I mentioned has Mickey Mouse, who is a decently reoccurring antagonist

So yeah if a animated television series can have characters like these and remain on the wiki I feel like a small indie game shouldn't be affected

Family Guy, The Simpsons, South Park, quite literally every adult animated series feature copyrighted characters that they don't own the rights to. The latter of the three shows I mentioned has Mickey Mouse, who is a decently reoccurring antagonist
Satire is protected free speech. Also, in most cases, they are just cameos or unimportant appearances. In this case he is an important character in the lore of the verse with his own game in the saga, and it is not a parody.

I mean the original version of Slenderman is on the wiki so i don't see the need to remove Granny from the wiki due to Slenderman being in it.

I mean the original version of Slenderman is on the wiki so i don't see the need to remove Granny from the wiki due to Slenderman being in it.
I'm not saying that the verse should be deleted because the original version is on the wiki, I'm saying that it should be deleted because it is a fanfic, and the Slenderman that appears in the DVloper verse is a fan character. Many versions of Slenderman (EMH, Games, Windigo, etc) and other verses have been removed from the wiki because they are simply fan characters, it's the same here.

I'm not saying that the verse should be deleted because the original version is on the wiki, I'm saying that it should be deleted because it is a fanfic, and the Slenderman that appears in the DVloper verse is a fan character. Many versions of Slenderman (EMH, Games, Windigo, etc) and other verses have been removed from the wiki because they are simply fan characters, it's the same here.
Games slender man is a bad example as he’s on the wiki.

The only reason that it's on the wiki in the first place is that a lot of people don't consider it to be a fanfic, the original version and the eight pages/arrival version of Slenderman are on the wiki because they are commonly well-known and people somehow convinced the staff to allow creepypasta characters on the wiki.

Anyways, i'll just wait for the staff, but i honestly think Granny isn't fanon content due to being a well-known game.

The only reason that it's on the wiki in the first place is that a lot of people don't consider it to be a fanfic, the original version and the eight pages/arrival version of Slenderman are on the wiki because they are commonly well-known and people somehow convinced the staff to allow creepypasta characters on the wiki.
No, the original version and some creepypastas are here because they are not FC, although many are one step away from not being accepted, not just any creepypasta is accepted.

Editing Rules:
  • Since certain types of Creepypasta are likely to conflict with our rules regarding fanfiction, they should be thoroughly evaluated to make sure that they are official creations or have approval from the original creator(s), before being added to this wiki.

And the reasons why the video game version is here is because it is an official version of Slenderman (Eric Knudsen was the director of The Arrival).

Being well known doesn't make it stop being a fanfic, to give you an example, Jeff the Killer, Jeff Woods is massively better known than Jeff Hodek, and that doesn't make Woods stop being a fanfic of the original Jeff the Killer (Hodek).

Games slender man is a bad example as he’s on the wiki.
I hadn't seen your comment until now. I used the example because in the past, the profile of Slenderman from the games was specifically removed for "not being official", although it has now been proven that it is official, this version of Slenderman and the entire verse is not. Come on, the story of this verse seems like a Wattpad fanfic, Slenderman gets a wife and has a daughter.

I hadn't seen your comment until now. I used the example because in the past, the profile of Slenderman from the games was specifically removed for "not being official", although it has now been proven that it is official, this version of Slenderman and the entire verse is not. Come on, the story of this verse seems like a Wattpad fanfic, Slenderman gets a wife and has a daughter.
Child Abductor rizz???

Extremely off-topic but apparently the PC version of Granny got a HUGE update that completely changes the look of Granny and i think the profile needs to be updated.

The verse is fanfiction, what else do we need to move it to FC/OC? Many characters have been removed from vsbw for fairly similar reasons, and if we were to keep the verse here, a profile of this version of Slenderman should be allowed, which it shouldn't be because he's a fan character. The appearances of this version of Slenderman are not parodic, nor is he there as a cameo, Slenderman is one of the most important characters in the DVLoper verse and even has his own game.

Editing Rules:
  • Do not add any original or fan-made characters to the wiki. If you wish to create any original/fan-made character profiles, feel free to do so in the FC/OC wiki. "Original" here refers to relatively obscure characters from self-contained stories created by members and their friends, whereas "fan-made" refers to ones appearing within fanfiction or works containing a sufficient amount of another piece of fiction's copyrighted material without official permission.

I mean, isn't Slendy a copyright free character? We have the original fanfic, the games, the movie.. Him appearing in a game doesn't seem like a problem as long as he isn't part of the scaling

I don’t feel it should be moved since most of the characters (such as Granny and Grandpa) aren’t really fan characters. But I could be mistaken since I haven’t played the games in a while. Correct me if I’m wrong.

I don’t feel it should be moved since most of the characters (such as Granny and Grandpa) aren’t really fan characters. But I could be mistaken since I haven’t played the games in a while. Correct me if I’m wrong.
In the DVLoper-verse, Slenderman is a fan character. Slenderman is one of the most important characters in the lore, being the father of Slendrina (the main antagonist of the main verse series) and the son-in-law of Granny and Grandpa. Slenderman also has his own game (which was one of the first games DVLoper made if I remember correctly) called Slender Man Rise Again (in which Slendrina appears), Slendy also appears in some Slendrina games, in one of them he appears as one of the antagonists. Therefore, the Slendrina verse is a fanfic, "Granny" is a Spin-Off of the Slendrina series (in which several characters from the Slendrina series appear), so Granny is also part of the fanfic.

Several characters and verses have been removed from vsbw for containing fan characters that are important to the story, this should be no exception.

I mean, isn't Slendy a copyright free character? We have the original fanfic, the games, the movie.. Him appearing in a game doesn't seem like a problem as long as he isn't part of the scaling
Nvm, its just a unofficial granny remake-
Child Abductor rizz???
i mean by this thread's logic a lot of verses should be wiped from the wiki.

So yeah if a animated television series can have characters like these and remain on the wiki I feel like a small indie game shouldn't be affected
Granny is the more popular and prominent series. It's also the one we know most about lore-wise i'm pretty sure.

Considering the latest comments, what are your current opinions? I'll start counting the votes, and then I'll contact a staff member to evaluate the thread.

Honestly, should we really get rid of this verse, i mean at first it was a mobile game and now it has a PC port and has sequels and the like, although my thoughts changed on this topic as I'm pretty neutral right now on this.

If Granny IS a fannon character, i wouldn't mind if the verse was moved to FC/OC unless someone is willing to move them there.

Back