• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
“I can shoot a gun that has 2-A range”

“Cool, I can still teleport behind you and that puny Area of Effect and one shot you”

I mean he did overwrite and entire universe casually and dio with the same ability erased an infinite amount of Valentine's from other dimensions who were obviously located in random places while dio was in his own pocket dimension

Doesn't really matter, this isn't being added because Jotaro being able to move in Chaos Control would count as a slower character blitzing a faster one, since Jotaro's resistance comes from his own time stop

Doesn't really matter, this isn't being added because Jotaro being able to move in Chaos Control would count as a slower character blitzing a faster one, since Jotaro's resistance comes from his own time stop
Oh

So this match in Jotaro’s favor would break rules?

Last edited:
, since Jotaro's resistance comes from his own time stop
Only for moving. He can still see and think in time stop without using his own. It's a innate resistance.

Last edited:
Only for moving. He can still see and think in time stop without using his own. It's a innate resistance.
Thank you, I was actually going to mention this.

Yes, Jotaro is still able to think and see in a time stop that isn't his own. If it is his own, he can do all of that. So even if Shadow TS', Jotaro can still use RO.

Wouldn't he still not be capable of using RO if he is completely stopped
RO is a thought-based ability that comes from his Stand, and Jotaro has been able to use his Stand while in a time stop. Especially since EoH comes right off of Part 3, and the Jotaro vs DIO fight presented that ability quite well.

Most notable example would be when DIO attempts to crush Jotaro with the roadroller, and Jotaro puts up some resistance against him while in a time stop.

Last edited:
Wouldn't he still not be capable of using RO if he is completely stopped
Who knows, are you people treating it as thought based or contact based here? Former, probably can. Latter, obviously not.

Well either way, idc, I'm just clarifying he can see and think in time stop without using his own. It's just moving that needs him to activate his time stop. This goes for every time stopper in JoJo. Also Pucci C-Moon and MIH (can't move in it, but can see and think).

RO is a thought-based ability that comes from his Stand, and Jotaro has been able to use his Stand while in a time stop. Especially since EoH comes right off of Part 3, and the Jotaro vs DIO fight presented that ability quite well.

Most notable example would be when DIO attempts to crush Jotaro with the roadroller, and Jotaro puts up some resistance against him while in a time stop.
Jotaro only summons Star Platinum and moves it because of the fact he used his own time stop to, y'know, move. We are arguing here is that Jotaro won't be able to move, simply just be aware and be able to see his surroundings, because if he moves it can't be added
Who knows, are you people treating it as thought based or contact based here? Former, probably can. Latter, obviously not.
Idk, nobody has explained how it works in the thread, except that it's thought based via scaling to post-absorption Dio

Idk, nobody has explained how it works in the thread, except that it's thought based via scaling to post-absorption Dio
User, it’s “I expect you to already know it. Why should I make an effort to explain it to you?”(currently salty about a different match)

Then everyone goes “GG” and mass vote

Last edited:
We are arguing here is that Jotaro won't be able to move, simply just be aware and be able to see his surroundings, because if he moves it can't be added
That's the thing, he doesn't move. It's Star Platinum that moves. Jotaro and Star Platinum are two different entities.

Star Platinum can still only move if Jotaro is still using his own time stop
No, that's not the case. In the Jotaro vs DIO Part III fight, it was explained that Star Platinum could move in Dio's stopped time because Star Platinum and The World are the same type of Stand. Jotaro himself, however, could not move. He could only think and see.

No, that's not the case. In the Jotaro vs DIO Part III fight, it was explained that Star Platinum could move in Dio's stopped time because Star Platinum and The World are the same type of Stand. Jotaro himself, however, could not move. He could only think and see.
You are wrong, Star Platinum can only move using his own stopped time, when his time ends he stops

You are wrong, Star Platinum can only move using his own stopped time, when his time ends he stops

There was a previous example in that fight where DIO throws knives at Jotaro, and for a few moments, Star Platinum was able to repel some of the knives in stopped time before it was eventually unable to move. In that period of the fight, Jotaro wasn't able to stop time with Star Platinum, and on top of that, Jotaro wasn't able to move in that stopped time.

Jotaro only figured out how to stop time by the end of the fight, when he was "crushed" by the roadroller.

Now you are just saying stuff that's wrong, during that entire fight is Jotaro learning how to stop time, the knife example literally helps my point because it shows Star Platinum can't move after his time ends and time is still stopped, thanks for giving me more evidence

Now you are just saying stuff that's wrong, during that entire fight is Jotaro learning how to stop time, the knife example literally helps my point because it shows Star Platinum can't move after his time ends and time is still stopped, thanks for giving me more evidence
Pretty sure you're trying to prove the point that Jotaro can move in stopped time that isn't his own, so I dunno how using Star Platinum as an example would really help your case.

Pretty sure you're trying to prove the point that Jotaro can move in stopped time that isn't his own, so I dunno how using Star Platinum as an example would really help your case.
Don't move the goalpost nor try to assume my intentions, what I am trying to prove is that Jotaro and his stand can only actualy move in time stop thanks to his own time stop, and once the time of his time stop ends but the other continues he stops moving

Example the knifes, Jotaro had to use his time to try to stop them, he explicitly couldn't after his time stop ended and Dio's ended, the same happened later in the battle, Jotaro uses his two seconds to try to beat Dio since he thinks this is when his time stop ends, it doesn't and Dio attacks him defenseless

Therefore in this match in order for Jotaro to use Star Platinum during Chaos Control, he would have to use his own time stop to move, which would count as a slower character blitzing a faster one

Don't move the goalpost nor try to assume my intentions, what I am trying to prove is that Jotaro and his stand can only actualy move in time stop thanks to his own time stop, and once the time of his time stop ends but the other continues he stops moving

Example the knifes, Jotaro had to use his time to try to stop them, he explicitly couldn't after his time stop ended and Dio's ended, the same happened later in the battle, Jotaro uses his two seconds to try to beat Dio since he thinks this is when his time stop ends, it doesn't and Dio attacks him defenseless

Therefore in this match in order for Jotaro to use Star Platinum during Chaos Control, he would have to use his own time stop to move, which would count as a slower character blitzing a faster one
Jotaro moving in Dio's The World with his Time Stop?
bruh

Guys, match got already added. Also, both Jotaro and DIO are aware of each other Time Stop while not using theirs, DIO could perfectly think and watch what happened in Jotaro's Time Stop, aka Jotaro can still notice Shadow CC and act accordingly there.

The headcanon here....Jotaro didnt use any time stop on Dio until the road roller punching contest, it even says he has two seconds to move, meanwhile his time stop is 5 seconds

Let alone Jotaro says at the 9 second mark of Dio he stopped time, makes no sense to use this unproven head canon that Jotaro knew to stop time from very early on

Jotaro moving in Dio's The World with his Time Stop?
bruh
Yes, thanks for yet another proof Jotaro can only move using his own time stop, and once it ends he cannot move
Guys, match got already added. Also, both Jotaro and DIO are aware of each other Time Stop while not using theirs, DIO could perfectly think and watch what happened in Jotaro's Time Stop, aka Jotaro can still notice Shadow CC and act accordingly there.
Didn't knew it was added, but you people still aren't understading even what I am arguing, yes, Jotaro can see think and react in a time stop normally, I never denied this in my posts, however in order for him to move while time is stopped he needs to use his own time stop to do so, and can't move after it ends, as several examples have show, this isn't headcanon, this is facts

I'd Remember that hax wise:

Pre OH Jotaro = Pre DIO Canon Jotaro in anything.

Post Absorbtion HA DIO = OH Jotaro >>>>> Canon Awakened DIO.

And thsr DIO can see and think in Jotaro Time Stop without using his.

Jotaro's part 3 page about his resistance:
Limited Resistance to Time Stop (Can see and think within stopped time as well as move at the cost of using his own personal five second limit)
Make a CRT with your Jojo fans to change it then
That's for pre-OH key tho
Nothing in his post-OH key implies otherwise, make a CRT then
And thsr DIO can see and think in Jotaro Time Stop without using his.
This also applies to canon as well, I am arguing with the fact he can't move without using his, which still isn't being proven and contradicts the actual pages

I don't care to remove this match anymore, but people are literally arguing things that aren't in this page or that contradict it, he wins via vague ass arguments and a FRA train, and you yourself made arguments in favor of Jotaro winning in the first page, almost making me believe you made this to give Jojo a W, I don't think you did this but that's the feeling I get

Back