• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goomba and Koopa upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don´t scale fodder to the top tiers, they only scale to their own stuff, otherwise we would get stuff like Castlevania fodder being Low 2-C, let alone SMT fodder being 2-A

Simply put, it falls as game mechanics.

Totallynotchewbacca said:
Well, could mario get a varying key or maybe the fodder get OHK?
I mean literally the only time Mario has done anything within the tier listed was in both Super Mario Galaxy games. The rest of Mario's feats were grounded (At best, Mario was destroying entire castles), and all the sports game make Mario a case akin to Sora from Kingdom Hearts in which both Mario and Sora scale down to whatever they're in or what they're doing.

And no, Mario and Paper Mario are not the same thing, hence why Paper Mario is given his own profile and Mario and Luigi Paper Jam displayed both Marios as completely separate beings.

I mean, I literally made a thread to talk about different verse fodder due to noticing the Wall level Mario characters, hoping to quantify the power levels of fodder from other verses and maybe get some unique fodder their own profiles on the site.

I think the Goomba should be upgraded. However I'm not talking about a normal Goomba. Megasparkle Goomba should scale to Mario as he was able to damage him. However it should be a diffrent key, as his power was increased by the Royal Sticker.

Flashlight237 said:
Totallynotchewbacca said:
Well, could mario get a varying key or maybe the fodder get OHK?
I mean literally the only time Mario has done anything within the tier listed was in both Super Mario Galaxy games. The rest of Mario's feats were grounded (At best, Mario was destroying entire castles), and all the sports game make Mario a case akin to Sora from Kingdom Hearts in which both Mario and Sora scale down to whatever they're in or what they're doing.
And no, Mario and Paper Mario are not the same thing, hence why Paper Mario is given his own profile and Mario and Luigi Paper Jam displayed both Marios as completely separate beings.
Mario and Paper Mario are the same character. It's been discussed already, his paper form isn't a diffrent key.

The scaling makes no sense. Goombas and Koopas killing Mario are just "game mechanics" so they don't count, but Mario defeating a universe level Bowser by knocking some boulders into him? Does that make Mario Multiversal? Who decides what's "game mechanics" and what isn't? Because Mario beating bowser simply because he needs to beat Bowser (being the main character of the game and all) seems much more likely. If Bowser knew Mario was Universal, then why would he put obstacles in his way (like goombas and koopas)? If goombas and koopas are truly 9-B, it doesn't make sense.

Anyhow, Game Mechanics are things that take place in gameplay that are contradictory to lore, such as Rattata beating Arceus via a Focus Sash, or Cloud being susceptible to common firearms.

Goombas one-shotting Mario is contradictory as they're commonly described as fodder.

DatOneWeeb said:
Soooo High 4-C MegaSparkle Goomba?
I believe bosses have room to scale to main cast, such as MegaSparkle Goomba or even King Goomboss from Super Mario 64 DS. Either that, or the general ordinary bosses need their own feats to scale from, much like Gyorg or King Dodongo from The Legend of Zelda being the source of scaling for the other Zelda bosses.

Well he fought and kept up with Paper Mario and could maybe scale to other enemies wearing the Royal Stickers who also fought Mario.

If not, you can ask Dino Ranger Black to comment here.

Since this thread may be closed soon, let me once against redirect everyone to the thread I created specifically just to talk about the fodder of different verses and how they could potentially be scaled and added as new profiles to the site.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2562582

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back