• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goofy ahh calculations

Post goofy ahh calculations. Ones that are very very wrong, dumb, goofy. You can use other sites, you can find calcs on this site or you can make one yourself.

Rules? No "This guy is called big so i'll use 10k km and his weight, eyeing it, would be 1000 trillion tons so we multiply those two sizes and get multiverse level+ " type of stuff. The calc needs to be proper but dumb as heck.

Also, funny but right calcs are allowed as well.

Can someone explain what happened with Buttersamuri exactly? I know all their calcs got banned but why? Didn’t a fair few get accepted by CGMs prior to the bans?

Pretty much most if not all of them were highballed to the high heavens, and I guess instead of checking which were right they just decided to ban every single calc.

i mean, its fiction
1. We use real non-theoretical physics for tiers 10 to 3 and they aren't optimized for fiction
2. If the planet was 5x larger than the solar system the pirate ships would have to move at FTL speeds constantly to go from one place to another.

Can someone explain what happened with Buttersamuri exactly? I know all their calcs got banned but why? Didn’t a fair few get accepted by CGMs prior to the bans?
They used volumetric destruction of steel for denting a garage door.

Pretty sure that alone warrants the banning of their calcs.

Post goofy ahh calculations. Ones that are very very wrong, dumb, goofy. You can use other sites, you can find calcs on this site or you can make one yourself.
Using this to post my Pet Peeve calc methods, since they're very wrong, dumb, and goofy to me
  • Freezing Calcs (Energy does not work that way)
  • Close range earthquake calcs (Shaking a cave should not be City Block level)
  • Compressive Strength volumetric destruction "because crater = pushing" calcs
  • Inverse-Square Law Sphere of Sun Destruction calcs for radii of volumes which are only a sliver the volumes of spheres (Serious Punch^2 and Majin Buu's galaxy destruction come to mind)
  • Projectile Interception calcs which put stuff like blocking throwing knives or dodging punches at Supersonic+, despite the Verse's God Tiers still having to aim-dodge bullets Cough, PTJ Verse, Cough Cough
  • Calcs which use "Speed of Electricity" from that one coilgun video
  • Could think of more later
Also, funny but right calcs are allowed as well.
Mountain level sex, Large Planet level fart

Using this to post my Pet Peeve calc methods, since they're very wrong, dumb, and goofy to me
  • Freezing Calcs (Energy does not work that way)
A lot of people are gonna disagree with you on that.

• Close range earthquake calcs (Shaking a cave should not be City Block level)
I mean, we don't allow calcs for Earthquakes if they aren't felt up to a hundred meters away anyway, but then again there's Peak Ground acceleration (Which is even tougher because now you need the mass value to make the KE calc from the peak ground acceleration speed values)

• Compressive Strength volumetric destruction "because crater = pushing" calcs
Kind of depends on case-by-case basis, like whether there's a ludicrous amount of debris in the crater or not, but if it's overall smooth with no debris at all, that's kind of blatant compressive strength.

There was a method to calculate Beam-based calcs of this kind but ByAsura lost the formula to time.

• Projectile Interception calcs which put stuff like blocking throwing knives or dodging punches at Supersonic+, despite the Verse's God Tiers still having to aim-dodge bullets Cough, PTJ Verse, Cough Cough
cough Arrow level Kratos cough Hypersonic harpies from Rhodes to Mount Etna cough Infinite Speed Helios and Sisters of Fate cough (PEOPLE LOVE DOWNPLAYING GOD OF WAR FOR ASININE REASONS)

• Calcs which use "Speed of Electricity" from that one coilgun video
This one has been a sore point for me for a long while because it just nerfs electricity's full capabilities so much.

Some of the weirder calcs however I have seen are from the TokRev side of things.

Some of the weirdest pixel-scaling and some of the weirdest assumptions took place in front of my own eyes even when they didn't make sense, the calcs in general were so poorly made and they were made over and over and over again even when I personally re-did them to bring them to more believable levels, it's simply insane.

The TT-33 "dodging" calc was particularly weird where they were using muzzle velocity in a spot where using said velocity would directly involve the bullet going straight into the person's head because the gun was literally strapped to said person's forehead.

A lot of people are gonna disagree with you on that.
Did that thread ever get finished?
I mean, we don't allow calcs for Earthquakes if they aren't felt up to a hundred meters away anyway, but then again there's Peak Ground acceleration (Which is even tougher because now you need the mass value to make the KE calc from the peak ground acceleration speed values)
Oh cool so that thread concluded(?)- was that requirement added to the Earthquake Calculations page?
Kind of depends on case-by-case basis, like whether there's a ludicrous amount of debris in the crater or not, but if it's overall smooth with no debris at all, that's kind of blatant compressive strength.
Fair enough on it being case-by-case, I've just seen stuff like this where smaller-than-person sized dents in the ground get Wall level+- not mentioning how just multiplying the surface area by the depth would get the volume of a crunched cylinder not crater
There was a method to calculate Beam-based calcs of this kind but ByAsura lost the formula to time.
For the Serious Punch^2 calc- I'd assume 70 degrees panel height to get the diameter/radius of the space-hole in degrees, then get area in square-degrees by Pi*r^2, and then divide by the area of a sphere in square degrees (about 41,253 square degrees), and then multiply that number by the AP Value of destroying the whole sphere to get the AP for destroying just the one section.

No idea how to do the Buu one though.
cough Arrow level Kratos cough Hypersonic harpies from Rhodes to Mount Etna cough Infinite Speed Helios and Sisters of Fate cough (PEOPLE LOVE DOWNPLAYING GOD OF WAR FOR ASININE REASONS)
Surely you mean Chest level Kratos right?
This one has been a sore point for me for a long while because it just nerfs electricity's full capabilities so much.
Electric arcs are faster the higher the voltage I believe- the Slow Mo Guys recently did a video on electric arcs which actually stung (unlike the harmless coilgun) at 1750000 FPS- at some point they said it was 4 frames to cross what they early estimated was like a 5 cm gap(?)- putting painful electricity at (5/(4/1750000)) 21,875 m/s

Some of the weirder calcs however I have seen are from the TokRev side of things.

Some of the weirdest pixel-scaling and some of the weirdest assumptions took place in front of my own eyes even when they didn't make sense, the calcs in general were so poorly made and they were made over and over and over again even when I personally re-did them to bring them to more believable levels, it's simply insane.

The TT-33 "dodging" calc was particularly weird where they were using muzzle velocity in a spot where using said velocity would directly involve the bullet going straight into the person's head because the gun was literally strapped to said person's forehead.
Oh yeah, definitely. The weirdest one for me was Mikey "breaking the sound barrier"- the 1/250th of a second timeframe is pulled outta nowhere, the 1/220th figure for Air Force Pilots was under extremely ideal circumstances, are they sure Mikey's leg travels a full 360-degrees, and "making a dull sound" is not proof of breaking the sound barrier.

Did that thread ever get finished?
Nah. Still waiting for DDM to correct his draft's grammatical mistakes, but it's real and I've seen it.

Oh cool so that thread concluded(?)- was that requirement added to the Earthquake Calculations page?
Unfortunately, no. Thread is on ice.

Fair enough on it being case-by-case, I've just seen stuff like this where smaller-than-person sized dents in the ground get Wall level+- not mentioning how just multiplying the surface area by the depth would get the volume of a crunched cylinder not crater
Already I'm seeing the depth being the same as radius as being incredibly sus, looks to be like a really old wiki thing that's now decrepit as ****. The crater looks insanely shallow, reminds me of another TokRev calc where I proceeded to simply use temporal scalp thickness for crater depth because that was simply the more reliable option to take. Measuring the volume correctly also goes a long way of sorting out calcs.

For the Serious Punch^2 calc- I'd assume 70 degrees panel height to get the diameter/radius of the space-hole in degrees, then get area in square-degrees by Pi*r^2, and then divide by the area of a sphere in square degrees (about 41,253 square degrees), and then multiply that number by the AP Value of destroying the whole sphere to get the AP for destroying just the one section.
Ang-sizing something of that size that far away will lead to some serious parallax errors. It's why the Greeks got their universe size wrong.

That being said tho, I am sure there is a better way to calc the beam's potency. If only someone can find the goddamned formula for it again.

Surely you mean Chest level Kratos right?
Nah, worse, arrow level Kratos

Electric arcs are faster the higher the voltage I believe- the Slow Mo Guys recently did a video on electric arcs which actually stung (unlike the harmless coilgun) at 1750000 FPS- at some point they said it was 4 frames to cross what they early estimated was like a 5 cm gap(?)- putting painful electricity at (5/(4/1750000)) 21,875 m/s
I remember a dude saying lethal voltages would wield higher speeds, that it's mostly dependant on the amount of voltage and amps you dump into said arcs.

Oh yeah, definitely. The weirdest one for me was Mikey "breaking the sound barrier"- the 1/250th of a second timeframe is pulled outta nowhere, the 1/220th figure for Air Force Pilots was under extremely ideal circumstances, are they sure Mikey's leg travels a full 360-degrees, and "making a dull sound" is not proof of breaking the sound barrier.
Ah yes, this calc.

This one was just so weird that I ultimately abstained from evaluating it entirely. Not even a day passes and there's ten alternate versions of this calc popping out of nowhere.

Ah yes, this calc.

This one was just so weird that I ultimately abstained from evaluating it entirely. Not even a day passes and there's ten alternate versions of this calc popping out of nowhere.
Cloudygami is a great source of goofy ahh calcs

This one, he tried to upgrade Tokrev to 9-A from the train. it's very strange.
This one was just as weird, literally had no idea how derailing trains is suddenly a prep feat.

Like bruh, planting bombs is a prep feat. Jumping out of moving vehicles GTA-style isn't.

This one was just as weird, literally had no idea how derailing trains is suddenly a prep feat.

Like bruh, planting bombs is a prep feat. Jumping out of moving vehicles GTA-style isn't.
Oh noooo, if you not involve with TokRev calcs who will Downgrade that vesre.💀

Aizen lifts coffee
aizen-drinking.gif

Back