• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku fights an Emo Ghost

DragonEmperor23 said:
Yes, but it looks like Darkrai's Intangbility makes him untouchable to people with normal NPI.
Where was this level of intangability shown? I can't remember any Darkrai showing feats of this level.

Still questioning where he shown this level of Intangibility, because I can't remember anything like that in any anime, manga, or game iteration of Darkrai.

DragonEmperor23 said:
DragonEmperor23 said:
Darkrai's Intangbility makes him untouchable to people with normal NPI.
Velox, this is a stomp.
I think he needs to activate the intangibility, so Goku could still win.

Can't forget that he has the AP advantage - able to one-shot I believe.

In regards to the entire "Darkrai vs LT mindhax" discussion.....

A point that im surprised no one (not even Cal) remembered to bring up was that both Dialga and Palkia actively needed to use forcefields in order to stop Darkrai's Dark Void from effecting them. If his mindhax was no higher than the LT's, they wouldnt have needed to defend against it. They would have just walked right through it no problem.

So to answer this question, yes, Darkrai's Mind Hax is absolutely superior to the Lake Trios.

"So to answer this question, yes, Darkrai's Mind Hax is absolutely superior to the Lake Trios."

Except... not?

The Lake Trios used Barriers against everything, including attacks from normal pokemon. Them putting up a barrier... really doesn't mean anything?

Dark Void is also a BFR, so that is likely to have something to do with them not wanting to always be BFR'd and having to come back each time they're hit.

And nobody has brought up an argument of how Goku just doesn't send 1 serious Ki Blast in Darkrai's direction and pop him. We know that the Dark Void interacts with the world (The Trio's Barriers, When it misses, heck if we use the games, reflects, stuff like that) so there's nothing stopping Goku from just Danmaku'ing back. Or teleporting behind Darkrai and blasting him like that.

The reasons for victory in favour of Darkrai hinges on the fact that Goku tanks attacks he doesn't need to and wouldn't fire back with his own attacks. The fact that this Goku is explicitly the more serious one who doesn't care about a good fight and would want to get the job done ASAP just makes this worse. I'd like someone to name me one instance that Xeno Goku took an attack he didn't need to, because he never did.

>Except... not?

Except...yes? Very blatantly yes?

>The Lake Trios used Barriers against everything, including attacks from normal pokemon. Them putting up a barrier... really doesn't mean anything?

First of all, very big obvious PIS for what I italicized. And second of all.....nah thats all I really need. And I really hope your not being serious on this point.

And it absolutely means something when they use barriers against pokemon actually relative to them. Say, Dialga or Palkia. Which they have done before since any one of the CT is > the LT individually.

I also fail to see what this has to do with my point. Dialga and Palkia both flat out needed to use forcefields to stop Dark Void from hitting them. Why would they actively need to do that if Dark Void's hax was no greater than the Lake Trio's? It's a blatant legitimate feat of Darkrai being > the LT in mind hax.

>Dark Void is also a BFR, so that is likely to have something to do with them not wanting to always be BFR'd and having to come back each time they're hit.

To beings who can freely travel across universes on a whim (which is literally any pokemon god tier besides maybe Cresselia), and are omnipresent across all of them, not wanting to be BFR'd means literally nothing to them when they can easily come back. And in seconds.

Also, the BFR point completely dies again when factoring in Dialga's Roar of Time.

RoT BFR's the opponent to a different time period when used. Palkia was hit by it and wasnt bfr'd in the slightest. So why would either of them care about the BFR of someone only comparable to their power at best?

The I'm ent isn't Goku can't get a bit in. It's Darkrai hits Goku first because he has better options and movement.

Still seems pretty stompish to me. Even if the intangibility isn't passive, what's stopping him from just activating it every time an attack gets close to him?

DragonEmperor23 said:
Still seems pretty stompish to me. Even if the intangibility isn't passive, what's stopping him from just activating it every time an attack gets close to him?
Couldn't Goku catch him off guard with teleportation though?

One hit should be enough, and this Goku takes shit seriously.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Maybe? Idk if Xeno Goku can IT behind peeps mid combat
I don't see why not, Goku is a fighting genius after all, and I can see him doing similar to Darkrai what Minato did to Obito in Naruto.

Clip of what I mean (Go to 3:02):

Minato Namikaze vs
Minato Namikaze vs. Obito Uchiha full fight (English sub)

But like, Obito has a time limit on Kamui."Obito can only maintain his intangibility for approximately five consecutive minutes at a time,"

What's stopping Darkrai from just turning on the intang and leaving it on?

DragonEmperor23 said:
But like, Obito has a time limit on Kamui."Obito can only maintain his intangibility for approximately five consecutive minutes at a time,"
What's stopping Darkrai from just turning on the intang and leaving it on?
IDK

A lack of doing it in-character, maybe?

JackJoyce said:
I still don't understand why Goku's NPI shouldn't work.
Darkrai can become intangible to people who can touch intangible beings.

He has Intangibility scaling beyond what Goku has proven to touch.

Again when was this shown? Was it the anime, manga, games, or movie? When did it use intangibility on that level because I can't remember of a time in which it used intangibility that strong.

Everything12 said:
Again when was this shown? Was it the anime, manga, games, or movie? When did it use intangibility on that level because I can't remember of a time in which it used intangibility that strong.
Ask Cal, he's the Pokemon expert - I am justing taking his word at face vaule because I trust his imput.

DragonEmperor23 said:
@Gyro

Does he do that in character?
It's passive. His default state is being able to phase through walls and buildings. Dunno where the 'intangibility that nopes NPI' comes from, but my memory with Rise of Darkrai isn't perfect

Its definitely not from Rise of Darkrai, even when its a shadow Pikachu damaged it mutiple times with Thunderbolt

Back