• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku fights an Emo Ghost

Xerkser500 said:
And this means absolutely nothing when Dialga knows beforehand that his opponent has resistance to literally all of his time-related abilities. Hence why he wouldnt start off with time hax against his explicit equal.
Doesn't his time abilities still affect Palkia though?

Warren Valion said:
Xerkser500 said:
And this means absolutely nothing when Dialga knows beforehand that his opponent has resistance to literally all of his time-related abilities. Hence why he wouldnt start off with time hax against his explicit equal.
Doesn't his time abilities still affect Palkia though?
Like...barely? I mean, Palkia was hit with Dialgas Roar of Time at point blank range during the fight and it literally only cracked her shoulder. Which didnt remotely hinder Palkia at all, it fought like the "injury" never even happened.

Either way, a hax being able to still work doesnt mean it's a go-to option in that specific scenerio when you know it's not going to do hardly anything from the beginning, so using other options would be the smarter tactic. Especially in a situation where your fighting to defend your territory.

Warren Valion said:
Dragopentling said:
Anyways, rather not derail the thread any further, since it's Goku vs Darkrai right now.
Good point.
I still don't see what stops Goku from using his Instant Transmission and massive AP advantage from dodging Darkrai's Dark Void and kicking him in the face, killing him.
The fact that instant transmission requires a Ki signature?

Dialga's getting quite a few upgrades, so I doubt his fight against Goku is staying.

Also, Dialga not leading with time hax is a massive stretch.

By the way, this might need a CRT but I think there's evidence that Darkrai's mind hax can be passively used as well.

There's an episode in the anime where a Darkrai shows up and puts an entire islands worth of people asleep just by roaming around there to the point where they needed Cresselia to show up and tell her opposite to go away. And that people needed Cresselia wings in order to fend off the nightmares.

Might not be enough evidence for passive, but it plus the Palkia feat in Mystery Dungeon might be evidence for thought based hax. Though it might just be it's Bad Dreams passive working.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Why wouldn't Darkrai have a Ki signature?
Because he doesn't use Ki.
He has energy, and exists, thus he has Ki - that is not an argument.

Verse equalization is a thing that exists.

Everything12 said:
Might not be enough evidence for passive, but it plus the Palkia feat in Mystery Dungeon might be evidence for thought based hax. Though it might just be it's Bad Dreams passive working.
Bad Dreams can't put people to sleep. It just causes extra damage when someone is asleep.

And I dont see what more evidence is needed. Darkrai makes an entire island of people have nightmares just by being there without ever needing to directly interact with its inhabitants. Its bad to the point where they need Cresselia to show up to drive Darkrai away and Cresselia Wings to fend off the nightmares until Cresselia shows up.

I know verse equalization exists. Though that kind of stuff is on a case by case basis. We don't give verse equalization based on Pokemon types for example. If we do here, pretty sure Darkrai would have as much Ki as a normal human in Dragon Ball. Even then, Goku has to concentrate on it before activating, and in that crucial time he would get hit by the Dark Void spam.

Warren Valion said:
He has energy, and exists, thus he has Ki - that is not an argument.

Verse equalization is a thing that exists.
He doesn't even need ki to IT if he can see Darkrai

Bad Dreams can't put people to sleep. It just causes extra damage when someone is asleep.
And I dont see what more evidence is needed. Darkrai makes an entire island of people have nightmares just by being there without ever needing to directly interact with its inhabitants. Its bad to the point where they need Cresselia to show up to drive Darkrai away and Cresselia Wings to fend off the nightmares until Cresselia shows up.

Wouldn't the fact that Darkrai not passively putting people to sleep and giving them nightmares in any other scenario prove that the ability isn't passive.

I don't know why not meeting with the inhabitants of the island mean anything, that's just range of mindhax - probably thought based.

Warren Valion said:
Wouldn't the fact that Darkrai not passively putting people to sleep and giving them nightmares in any other scenario prove that the ability isn't passive.

I don't know why not meeting with the inhabitants of the island mean anything, that's just range of mindhax - probably thought based.
Because it happens with Darkrai's presence just being there. That said, it wouldnt hurt to check the episode again to be sure.

So hold off on this for now.

I'm pretty sure it might be case of people naturally going to sleep of their own will and Bad Dreams passively causing people asleep around Darkrai to end up in a eternal nightmare, not Darkrai itself putting them to sleep.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
I know verse equalization exists. Though that kind of stuff is on a case by case basis. We don't give verse equalization based on Pokemon types for example. If we do here, pretty sure Darkrai would have as much Ki as a normal human in Dragon Ball. Even then, Goku has to concentrate on it before activating, and in that crucial time he would get hit by the Dark Void spam.
Darkrai has 2-B energy, thus he has 2-B Ki.

And you are definitely overrating how much time Goku needs to concentrate to teleport for someone right in front of him.

Goku dodges Cell's Kamehameha at point-blank range in the Cell Games.

Goku also dodged Semi-Perfect Cell, who is immensely stronger and faster than Goku, again, at point-blank range.

The only time Goku needs to concentrate for a few seconds to teleport is when he is teleporting across the universe and/or into the Other World - it is the combination of distance and weak energy signatures to lock on to that pose a problem for him, not that it takes a few seconds or whatever. That doesn't affect this fight whatsoever.

The real cal howard said:
Danmaku sleep hax GG. Goku doesn't have UI and won't be able to dodge them all. A single one of them screws him sideways. Darkrai literally always leads with Dark Void.
Goku's mental resistances heavily pales in comparison to any of the tier 2s in Pokemon.

Also pretty much everyone was heavily downplaying Dialga in that fight (Dialga not leading with time manip is effing inane) but whatever.
I agree.

Considering now that we're reconsidering that BS result with Goku vs Dialga, I'm also really starting to shift sides to Darkrai here, tbh.

I won't vote yet, though. This needs even more input.

Back