• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku fights an Emo Ghost

Or, and this may be a little hard to believe but maybe, just maybe

Palkia has mindhax resistance on his profile for a reason.

Darkrai is usually no-nonsense when it comes to PMD. Even Cresselia, who knows Darkrai the best out of anyone in the Pokeverse (bar Arceus ig) said that he's usually very cautious. So no, I wouldn't say he's overconfident.

Well, I guess you could go that route. That still just makes them have baseline 4D mind hax on their own and Palkia's resistance is better than one 4D or two 4D but is stopped by three 4D people's worth of mindhax.

@DE. Sorry I'm being a dick, btw. It's just you know how I feel about XV.

On that note back to being a dick, still false. They're still 4-D embodiments across a giant range.

No worries at all, and no need to apologise.

@Dragon Demigra's mindhax is baseline 4-D too, no? Meaning Darkrai's sleep hax is over 2x Goku's resistance

I personally believe Darkrai's sleep hax isn't mental-based, but either way it should work.

Pretty sure Dark Void can also be counted as BFR based on its visual and description in the Core Games, which are the primary canon for Pokemon.

Kepekley23 said:
Honestly, Darkrai wins with Dark Void.
How though? Dark Void is visibly shown to have a physical aspect and expands upon contact with anything. A single Ki Blast would completely counter it before it gets anywhere near Goku

Woah, this thread became a heated mess.

Anyway, to bring back the focus of the discussion to the fight.

Warren Valion said:
Anyway, that intangible scale chain seems pretty good - is he always like that, or does he actively have to make himself intangible?

And Goku isn't incompetent - especially not Xeno Goku. He's not going to teleport into a thing he is trying to dodge.

I don't how teleporting isn't a perfectly viable option for Goku to dodge.

Darkrai's Danmaku isn't even that good.

In every clip in that AMV, it seemingly takes up no more than one cardinal direction at a time - it's not omnidirectional or anything.

Here is an example of what I mean.

And I don't see why he would spam a move that isn't very effective once he sees Goku being able to counter it with teleportation.
What other moves is Darkrai going to use in a fight?

From what I remember in the AMV video that was linked, he used an electric attack a couple of times - is that something he uses often?

Oh, could I get an answer on the intangible thing?

I really don't think an AMV is the best way to gauge in-character moves. Darkrai has other sleep based techniques, including Hypnosis which is just direct mental sleep hax, and the technique he used on Palkia (perhaps a variant of dark void?).

He's passively intangible, as shown in PMD.

GyroNutz said:
I really don't think an AMV is the best way to gauge in-character moves. Darkrai has other sleep based techniques, including Hypnosis which is just direct mental sleep hax, and the technique he used on Palkia (perhaps a variant of dark void?).
He's passively intangible, as shown in PMD.
It showed a decent amount of fighting for the character in whatever movie it was taken the scenes from tbf.

Doesn't he not use that in character often though?

If he's passively intangible, then Goku can't touch him.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Do you need NPI on the level of something to seal something that you can't interact with?
Depends on the feats of the sealing ig

Goku seals people into the dragon balls, I don't really know how it works. If that doesn't work then Goku doesn't have a wincon here.

Yeah, if the sealing doesn't work then is a stomp.

Right now Darkrai takes this for the reasons everybody has been mentioning.

The real cal howard said:
Pretty sure Darkrai's intangibility is active...
That depends how you interpert Ghost types passive imuunity to Normal and Fighting

I blame the OP calling him a ghost in the title, though Darkrai does like to hide in shadows if I remember correctly, though in the movie Pikachu managed to hurt it in its shadow form so don't know if thats relevant.

Edit: Darkrai putting Palkia to sleep has been mentioned alot for the strength of its sleep hax, but from what I remember of the scene in Mystery Dungeon Time/Darkness/Sky (best Pokemon games ever), it didn't use Dark Void, Hypnosis, or anything like that on Palkia, Palkia was just instantly asleep without Darkrai or its attacks physically touching it. So maybe thought hax sleep?

Back