• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku fights an Emo Ghost

Darkrai being just as good a teleporter? Darkrai having intangibility that's good enough that Pokémon that can hit ghosts can't touch him? Goku risking teleporting right into one of the balls?

Darkrai can put a sleep with a single thought his targets (his first appearance in PMD is doing just that against Palkia) but he is also inclined to use projectiles and Goku can beat him with one blow... Mmmmm

Mmmmmmmmmm

The real cal howard said:
Darkrai being just as good a teleporter? Darkrai having intangibility that's good enough that Pokémon that can hit ghosts can't touch him? Goku risking teleporting right into one of the balls?
Goku can sense energy. He's not going to teleport into an attack. For the second part, that's not elaborated on the profile so only people who saw that somewhere else would know about it.

Darkrai has the ability Time Tripper, which acts as a passive but one-time speed amp that doubles Darkrai's speed. That, and what Cal's said above, means it's far more likely that Darkrai gets a hit off to put Goku to sleep than Goku getting a hit off to one-shot Darkrai. That, and Darkrai has other methods of putting his opponent to sleep which don't require travel time, or at the very least are far harder to dodge. All in all, ima vote for Darkrai.

Is teleportation even in-character when fighting? Because from what I see of that AMV, I kind of doubt it.

Anyway, that intangible scale chain seems pretty good - is he always like that, or does he actively have to make himself intangible?

And Goku isn't incompetent - especially not Xeno Goku. He's not going to teleport into a thing he is trying to dodge.

I don't how teleporting isn't a perfectly viable option for Goku to dodge.

Darkrai's Danmaku isn't even that good.

In every clip in that AMV, it seemingly takes up no more than one cardinal direction at a time - it's not omnidirectional or anything.

Here is an example of what I mean.

And I don't see why he would spam a move that isn't very effective once he sees Goku being able to counter it with teleportation.

Also, does Darkrai's Dark Void bypass 4-D mindhax resistance?

Sweet. Demigra's mindhax pales in comparison to a single member of the Lake Trio, let alone Darkrai.
From what I'm understanding, Full Lake Trio's mind hax works on 4D being (Palkia) > One Lake Trio being.

So Demigra would be equal to three Lake Trio members. Where's Darkrai's feat of having better mind hax than the combined Lake Trio? If it's just his mind hax working on Palkia, then that's just the same as the full Lake Trio, which is 1 person 4D mindhax which is what Goku resists.

From what I'm understanding, Full Lake Trio's mind hax works on 4D being (Palkia) > One Lake Trio being.

So Demigra would be equal to three Lake Trio members. Where's Darkrai's feat of having better mind hax than the combined Lake Trio? If it's just his mind hax working on Palkia, then that's just the same as the full Lake Trio, which is 1 person 4D mindhax which is what Goku resists.

Yes, but IZ was a single timeline.

Dialga and Palkia are millions at minimum.

Are you talking about them creating timelines with heartbeats and breathing? That's AP. That's different from IZ physically being a timeline.

Yes. And Dialga and Palkia are omnipresent across their respective concept in the entire Pokémon verse. Palkia is the space of every Pokémon multiverse, Dialga is the time of every Pokémon universe. It's the same, just one is space the other is time.

I don't think the number of timelines you are effects mindhax.

4-D mindhax is 4-D. The only way for it to get better is to have a mindhax scaling chain I believe.

It really has nothing to do with AP to my knowledge.

What Warren said. Them being the embodiment of a million timelines or more isn't impressive because them being 4D from embodying one is. It's not the amount that matters because 4D isn't based on the amount of things. Sort of like how being able to oneshot one million planets doesn't make your resistance to mind hax better than someone who can only oneshot one planet.

This is getting ridiculous...

Every single member of the Lake Trio has a high amount of 4-D mindhax. 4-D conceptual embodiments of mental attributes across the multiverse do that. Funny how this is getting brought up when the opponent's Goku.

Xeno Goku can't dodge forever. And him getting a hit for Goku is much harder for him than it is for Darkrai. Everything Goku has is linear. Not the same as Darkrai, who could just get bored enough to use Hypnosis.
He doesn't need a linear blast when he can Kiai and Darkrai will die

It's different, because it means their mind is technically millions of times more complicated than IZ. Then again, we're entering "wiki standards" territory, so I guess it kinda becomes arbitrary, but I'm 99.99% sure it works this way. Even then, even if you used the Lake Trio mindhax feat, you'd still get that Darkrai manages to mindhax regardless.

Every single member of the Lake Trio has a high amount of 4-D mindhax. 4-D conceptual embodiments of mental attributes across the multiverse do that. Funny how this is getting brought up when the opponent's Goku.
Darkrai spams Dark Void in-character, which comes in the form of a black projectile. There's nothing stopping Goku from dodging it and killing Darkrai by breathing on him

Darkrai can put a sleep with a single thought his targets (his first appearance in PMD is doing just that against Palkia).

Doesn't that still result in baseline 4D? Them being the embodiments of mental attributes of people across the multiverse would still be inferior to their feat of it working on Palkia. Because one's a finite number and baseline 4D is infinitely higher than infinite 3D.

NeoZex6399 said:
Darkrai can put a sleep with a single thought his targets (his first appearance in PMD is doing just that against Palkia).
technically speaking, that's not his first appearance

@DE. No. It doesn't. At all. You're overcomplicating something that's far more simple than you're giving it credit for.

Name a single time Goku's ever Kiai'd in combat.
Versus Baby in GT which is canon to Xeno Goku. He even said that's the best application for the Ki.

That's an agressive statment to make, there's no need to start something like that. None of the Lake Trio even have matches so how would anything about them be brought up anywhere besides a CRT that effects them?

@DE. No. It doesn't. At all. You're overcomplicating something that's far more simple than you're giving it credit for.
I'm not overcomplicating it, it is simple.

"4-D conceptual embodiments of mental attributes across the multiverse do that"

Being 4D > All the mental attributes of people across a 2-B universe.

They're 4-D concepts across a giant multiverse and individually have mindhax in that scale. Zamasu is a single 4-D being. A single member laughs in the face of DB mindhax.

Also let's not mention that IZ was only boosted by the Supervillain Mode and didn't show signs of being controlled but whatever.

Warren Valion said:
If Goku would have issues dodging Darkrai's Danmaku, then what stops Goku from using his Instant Transmission to teleport right next to Darkrai and punch him in the face?
The fact that he needs to lock onto a ki signature to do that.

They're 4-D concepts across a giant multiverse and individually have mindhax in that scale.
Being the type 3 concept of something across a multiverse is just being able to manipulate it. Like I said, 4D is infinitely higher than 3D so it doesn't matter how many 3D minds they can mindhax.

Type 3: Embodies an abstraction, but the destruction of the former isn't needed in order to destroy or affect them. These characters do not rely on the abstraction to survive, but thanks to their affinity with it, they are able to manipulate it.
"Full Lake Trio's mind hax works on 4D being (Palkia) > One Lake Trio being."

All that changes is that one Lake Trio member on it's own can manipulate countless 3D minds.

So they have hax that's weaker than themselves. If one LT could hax Palkia by itself then that wouldn't be the case but by the feat that's how it works.

Like, I don't want to make it sound like I'm a downplayer or anything, so I'll give an example. Let's say a human tried to mind hax another human, but failed. Then him and two other humans all tried mindhaxxing him at the same time, and then it worked. That's basically what this is.

Back