• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom vs Son Goku (0 - 1 - 7) (Concluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Goku wants to box with a ghost

Match Rules
  • Both in Character
  • Speed is Equalized
  • Season 1 Danny (Starts at 8-A) | Dragon Ball: Super Hero Goku (Starts in base)
  • Win via knock out or incapacitation
  • Standard Battle Assumptions (Everything else)

Danny Phantom:

Son Goku (DBS Anime): 1 (Ayewale,

inconclusive: 7 (LordGriffin1000, Maverick_Zero_X, omegabronic, XSOULOFCINDERX, TheGuy, Spilxson2, Kazuma_kuwabara,

Last edited:
I live in a world where Danny Phantom goes up to 2-C. Wild.. Apart from the Mafuba, how does Goku even touch Danny, or get past his Low Godly Regen? Unless I'm missing something, and I might be. Last time I looked at Danny's profile, I was wilin' over him being tier 4.

I live in a world where Danny Phantom goes up to 2-C. Wild.. Apart from the Mafuba, how does Goku even touch Danny, or get past his Low Godly Regen? Unless I'm missing something, and I might be. Last time I looked at Danny's profile, I was wilin' over him being tier 4.
Danny remains physical most of the time (so Goku can touch him but not cause him real pain since he's made entirely out of ectoplasm). Danny needs to activates his intangibility which is capable of phasing through ectoplasmic energy attacks that can hit ghosts in their natural incorporeal state (souls/consciousness). Besides the Spirit Bomb (which I doubt he'd use) Goku can't bypass Danny's regeneration, however Danny can get tired and eventually revert back to human form so Goku could knock him out then, and he can BFR Danny by using Instant Transmission as Danny has no way to get back to Earth if he brought him to King Kai' s planet.

Danny there's a monster from 36 Universes, you can put him against Zen'ō, I don't think Goku has a way to win ;-;
Check the OP, Danny is starting at his 8-A tier, and his reactive evolution is shown to buff him around his opponents level so he'd reach up to Goku's level of 2-C since that is within his range, not past it, which his means their AP will be around the same. And someone already tried putting Danny up against Zeno and I closed it because it was a stomp as Danny had no way to reach Zeno before the later just erased him.

Check the OP, Danny is starting at his 8-A tier, and his reactive evolution is shown to buff him around his opponents level so he'd reach up to Goku's level of 2-C since that is within his range, not past it, which his means their AP will be around the same. And someone already tried putting Danny up against Zeno and I closed it because it was a stomp as Danny had no way to reach Zeno before the later just erased him.
Jeez, seems to make a lot of sense

Guess I lay out my thoughts on their advantages/win conditions and who I think wins.

Goku's Advantages/Win Conditions

He starts out with a massive AP advantage (though it gets countered quickly), he can sense Danny's energy so Danny's invisibility and sneak attacks aren't really helpful, his overall skill and experience will allow him to outright handle Danny with ease in hand to hand combat without issue even with Danny's physiology allowing for versatility in combat. Instant Transmission also makes avoiding Danny's attacks easier, and while Goku isn't the one to BFR his opponents constantly (He did it to Cell because he was about to blow up Earth) I do think he'll eventually do that if he thinks it's the best route to defeating Danny.

Goku has overall better range/area of effect, and while he wouldn't use the Spirit Bomb (the match is win via knock out or incapacitation), he does have Mafuba which can seal Danny. Goku also possess better stamina so he can outlast Danny in the long run but that would take a few hours unless he pushes him to waste more energy which is possible given Danny's overconfidence and rash use of his energy early in the series.

Note: As for Goku's Non-Physical Interaction, I'm not sure it's helpful here against Danny's forms of intangibility since ghosts are incorpreal spirits in there normal state (which Danny doesn't use much at all) and his physical body is made entirely of ectoplasm which while can be touched normally, makes causing him actual pain impossible unless you can harm spirits or possess anti-ghost tech, then on top of that, Danny mainly uses his more main intangibility method which is the one most ghosts use while physical which can phase even through ectoplasmic energy attacks that can hit ghosts in there normal state so it's a layered intangibility and thus I don't think Goku's NPI would come into play.

Danny's Advantages/Win Conditions

Danny starts out weaker but his ghost physiology will allow him to survive against Goku so his power will catch up to Goku's in a relatively short time like it did with the Fright Knight, putting him on even footing in terms of power with Goku, even with the laters transformations. Danny then also has rage power and ectoplasmic energy amp to amp himself further. Things like body control and intangibility are easy methods to avoid Goku causing any damage to his physical body so Danny would not need to waste the time or energy reforming himself, and his ecto-shields can reflect Goku's attacks back at him.

Since the match is win via knock out or incapacitation, Danny wouldn't try and use soul or mind effecting energy attacks (It's not like he'd try and kill someone like Goku in character anyway) so he'd stick to standard energy attacks that apply force, but also more than likely attempt to Overshadow Goku who doesn't have resistance to possession and even if he did, Danny's possession is layered (3 layers around this time) and effects the body (on a molecular level), mind and soul. And while Goku can avoid Danny, he has no idea what Overshadowing is so if he comes into contact with Danny via stopping a punch, grabbing him or punching Danny since that would allow him to just phase into Goku the moment he makes contact.

My Vote

I'm going to say Inconclusive.

Goku has more win conditions (Mafuba, BFR, and outlasting) compared to Danny (possession), however, in character Goku would not lead with the first two as he doesn't yet know of Danny's abilities and thus wouldn't know Danny can regenerate until he finds out which might not be soon given Danny's multiple ways of avoiding damage and seeing someone like Danny catch up to his power in such a short time, Goku would definitely enjoy the fight and see what Danny is capable of first. As for the third win condition, it will take hours before Danny gets exhausted unless Goku manages to speed up that process. For Danny though, possession is something he used on non-ghost characters on multiple occasions to get what he wants and it's something that's much harder to avoid than his normal attacks since it just requires contact and then Danny will literally be pulled into Goku's body as shown the first time the power activated on someone. However, Danny will still go for the fight as well so while his win conditions is more in line to happen first, it's not a 100% certainty.

Voting Goku.

Danny isn't ever going to catch up with Goku power-wise due to Goku's ridiculously strong accelerated development, which was stated by Piccolo to make Goku, verbatim, stronger with every hit. The stronger Goku gets, the more stamina Danny will have to put in to actually hurt the guy, so I do not see the fight lasting very long.

I also flat-out don't understand why Goku wouldn't be able to hit Danny based off LordGriffin's explanation. If he can block intangible ki blasts and affect Infinite Zamasu, a being of pure energy, there isn't any reason why he shouldn't be able to hit Danny.

Additionally, I heavily doubt Goku would ever get hit by Danny. Vastly superior fighting skill, ki sensing, Analytical Prediction, Instinctive Action, Sensing Intent, Precognition, Ultra Instinct; all of these things combine means that it would be legitimately miraculous for Danny landing any hit. If Danny tried this on Goku, Goku would bat him away with any number of ki blasts, shockwaves, telekinesis or just...avoid it.

Goku outlasting or BFR'ing Danny is far more likely to happen than Goku just randomly letting himself get hit by Danny, especially since Danny would get frustrated by his inability to hit him and would become pretty rash.

Danny isn't ever going to catch up with Goku power-wise due to Goku's ridiculously strong accelerated development, which was stated by Piccolo to make Goku, verbatim, stronger with every hit. The stronger Goku gets, the more stamina Danny will have to put in to actually hurt the guy, so I do not see the fight lasting very long.
Sorry but no, for one, your using a scan of Ultra Instinc Goku which Super Dragon Ball Hero Goku isn't even in, he's starting in base. Also not catch up? Danny went from 8-A to a higher value of 2-C in the middle of a single fight so not only will his power almost immediately catch up to Goku's, it will continue to go up to counter it since Danny can reach greater power than him. Danny can go for hours, there is no way he'd waste that much energy in mere minutes as he'd realize trying to poor on that much power to hit Goku is a waste of time so why would he bother?
I also flat-out don't understand why Goku wouldn't be able to hit Danny based off LordGriffin's explanation. If he can block intangible ki blasts and affect Infinite Zamasu, a being of pure energy, there isn't any reason why he shouldn't be able to hit Danny.
I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure I explained why in my explination. Since you didn't seem to understand it I'll explain it again, Danny is made up of ectoplasm and mostly remains in a physical state which I made clear that Goku can touch him but can't harm him as Goku has not been shown capable of harming beings made of that energy type, him affecting Infinite Zamasu doesn't mean he can "harm" Danny as touching him doesn't mean you can harm him as shown in the series itself, you'd need to prove Goku can harm something like the soul for him to actually be able to do damage. And Goku blocking Hit's intangible ki attack doesn't translate to him beaing able to hit Danny when Danny's most used intangibility could phase through ectoplasmic energy attacks that can hit ghosts in there natural incorporeal/intangible states so you'd need to prove Hit's intangible is equivalent to Danny's intangibility which is based on an entire physiology.

It's common sense that there are various types of intangibility and energy types, and being able to interact with one doesn't mean you can interact with the other. And as I mentioned, even though Goku can hit Danny in his physical ectoplasm state, he can't cause him pain.

Additionally, I heavily doubt Goku would ever get hit by Danny. Vastly superior fighting skill, ki sensing, Analytical Prediction, Instinctive Action, Sensing Intent, Precognition, Ultra Instinct; all of these things combine means that it would be legitimately miraculous for Danny landing any hit. If Danny tried this on Goku, Goku would bat him away with any number of ki blasts, shockwaves, telekinesis or just...avoid it.

Goku outlasting or BFR'ing Danny is far more likely to happen than Goku just randomly letting himself get hit by Danny, especially since Danny would get frustrated by his inability to hit him and would become pretty rash.
It was never about Danny actually landing a hit in my post, I made it clear that Goku can avoid Danny's attacks without issue. It was about Danny landing a possession which I explained only requires them to make contact with each other (And Goku has no knowledge of this ability), be it Goku blocking an attack, grabbing Danny or physically striking at Danny, he can't just swat him away as I explained he'd need showing off being able to touch someone with Danny's level of intangibility since Hit's intangible no attacks aren't equivalent to Danny's intangibility which is based on an entire physiology. Goku can only try to avoid the possession which he can so long as it's through dodging but at that point neither would be wasting much energy because all Danny would be doing is trying to touch him while all Goku would be doing is dodging.

Vote counted.

Sorry but no, for one, your using a scan of Ultra Instinc Goku which Super Dragon Ball Hero Goku isn't even in, he's starting in base. Also not catch up? Danny went from 8-A to a higher value of 2-C in the middle of a single fight so not only will his power almost immediately catch up to Goku's, it will continue to go up to counter it since Danny can reach greater power than him. Danny can go for hours, there is no way he'd waste that much energy in mere minutes as he'd realize trying to poor on that much power to hit Goku is a waste of time so why would he bother?
Danny doesn't have any Accelerated Development that support him jumping from 8-C to 2-C in the middle of a fight so no, he wouldn't be able to catch up. He'd start at 2-C and there's nothing in the show to suggest he'd grow stronger mid-fight, at least not anything remotely comparable to Goku's Reactive Evolution/Powerups.

Also, Ultra Instinct is a technique, not a transformation. Even if he started in base he should be able to use it.

Plus...Danny is 14 years old, and overconfident even by that metric. I can absolutely see him making poor tactical decisions out of anger.

I'm sorry but I'm pretty sure I explained why in my explination. Since you didn't seem to understand it I'll explain it again, Danny is made up of ectoplasm and mostly remains in a physical state which I made clear that Goku can touch him but can't harm him as Goku has not been shown capable of harming beings made of that energy type, him affecting Infinite Zamasu doesn't mean he can "harm" Danny as touching him doesn't mean you can harm him as shown in the series itself, you'd need to prove Goku can harm something like the soul for him to actually be able to do damage. And Goku blocking Hit's intangible ki attack doesn't translate to him beaing able to hit Danny when Danny's most used intangibility could phase through ectoplasmic energy attacks that can hit ghosts in there natural incorporeal/intangible states so you'd need to prove Hit's intangible is equivalent to Danny's intangibility which is based on an entire physiology.

It's common sense that there are various types of intangibility and energy types, and being able to interact with one doesn't mean you can interact with the other. And as I mentioned, even though Goku can hit Danny in his physical ectoplasm state, he can't cause him pain.

While there are different types of intagibility, going by the ghost physiology page, the ghosts fall squarely into Elemental, Immaterial and Phasing. Goku can bypass Immaterial by virtue of his ki blast rippling through Infinite Zamasu's body, so that's not a big deal. Hit's attacks would fall under Phasing Intangibility, so goku blocking it (and by virtue, being able to affect) them makes that bypassable too. The only thing Danny has going for his is Elemental Intangibility but even if we ignore that Ki attacks should count as 'sufficiently powerful energy' for bypassing elemental intangibility, Kiai, Telekinesis and/or Shockwaves should get around it.

Goku affecting Infinite Zamasu does mean he can harm him, that's why it's listed on his page?
It was never about Danny actually landing a hit in my post, I made it clear that Goku can avoid Danny's attacks without issue. It was about Danny landing a possession which I explained only requires them to make contact with each other (And Goku has no knowledge of this ability), be it Goku blocking an attack, grabbing Danny or physically striking at Danny, he can't just swat him away as I explained he'd need showing off being able to touch someone with Danny's level of intangibility since Hit's intangible no attacks aren't equivalent to Danny's intangibility which is based on an entire physiology. Goku can only try to avoid the possession which he can so long as it's through dodging but at that point neither would be wasting much energy because all Danny would be doing is trying to touch him while all Goku would be doing is dodging.
Swatting him away, even from afar is what I believe is well within Goku's capabilities (see above), although I can't find any gif that would suggest Danny could possess Goku even on-hit. On another note, I browsed the Danny Phantom wiki (which is listed as a source for 'detailed information' on the wiki) and it says that humans with strong willpower are resistant to being possessed if forced to do something against their will. If that's the case then Danny's possession wouldn't work at all. Though this is probably not likely.

Even though I'm not participating in this match, there is some stuff that I find inaccurate here.

Danny doesn't have any Accelerated Development that support him jumping from 8-C to 2-C in the middle of a fight so no, he wouldn't be able to catch up. He'd start at 2-C and there's nothing in the show to suggest he'd grow stronger mid-fight, at least not anything remotely comparable to Goku's Reactive Evolution/Powerups.

Also, Ultra Instinct is a technique, not a transformation. Even if he started in base he should be able to use it.

Plus...Danny is 14 years old, and overconfident even by that metric. I can absolutely see him making poor tactical decisions out of anger.
So first of all, Ultra Instinct is not even something that Goku would instantly start off in character, even if it is a technique, it's not even something he'd spam unless it's necessary to do so. And yes, Danny does in fact have the AD and RE to catch up to Goku's level (Who is also 2-C himself and he scales even higher in that than Goku does from the looks of it) considering he was able to eventually catch up to the Fright Knight's level during mid-fight when he just out-right just no-sold his attacks at first hand, and there was once Danny seeing possessed Tucker fly really fast one time and admitted he couldn't fly that fast, but yet later he started to outrun him.

That's all I'm going to say

Even though I'm not participating in this match, there is some stuff that I find inaccurate here.

So first of all, Ultra Instinct is not even something that Goku would instantly start off in character, even if it is a technique, it's not even something he'd spam unless it's necessary to do so. And yes, Danny does in fact have the AD and RE to catch up to Goku's level (Who is also 2-C himself and he scales even higher in that than Goku does from the looks of it) considering he was able to eventually catch up to the Fright Knight's level during mid-fight when he just out-right just no-sold his attacks at first hand, and there was once Danny seeing possessed Tucker fly really fast one time and admitted he couldn't fly that fast, but yet later he started to outrun him.

That's all I'm going to say
He wouldn't start off with it instantly sure, but he wouldn't need to. He can outlast Danny Phantom easily (and there's a chance he'd do it for practice since Phantom's a strong opponent). And while Danny does have some Reactive Evolution, his A.D. makes literally no mention of the insane 'feat' you guys are citing about him becoming 2-C. To say Danny even jumps to 2-C based off that fight is pretty silly when Danny's 2-C rating comes from Danny himself. Danny didn't become two billion times stronger in the middle of that fight.

(Who is also 2-C himself and he scales even higher in that than Goku does from the looks of it)
joke-vs-sweet-tooth-death-battle.gif

Danny doesn't have any Accelerated Development that support him jumping from 8-C to 2-C in the middle of a fight so no, he wouldn't be able to catch up. He'd start at 2-C and there's nothing in the show to suggest he'd grow stronger mid-fight, at least not anything remotely comparable to Goku's Reactive Evolution/Powerups..
He wouldn't start off with it instantly sure, but he wouldn't need to. He can outlast Danny Phantom easily (and there's a chance he'd do it for practice since Phantom's a strong opponent). And while Danny does have some Reactive Evolution, his A.D. makes literally no mention of the insane 'feat' you guys are citing about him becoming 2-C. To say Danny even jumps to 2-C based off that fight is pretty silly when Danny's 2-C rating comes from Danny himself. Danny didn't become two billion times stronger in the middle of that fight.
So your outright ignoring accepted info... ok. Danny's 2-C comes from when he grew in power against the Fright Knight...

On his Powers and Abilities...

Reactive Evolution (Despite admitting he couldn't fly as fast as Tucker Phantom, during their later battle he became fast enough to keep ahead of a more powerful version of Tucker.[4] In his battle with the Fright Knight, he was incapable of even making him flinch with his attack, but later in thier fight became strong enough to trade blows with him and stop his attack.[5] Despite having an intense prolong struggle against Sidney Poindexter attempt to Overshadow him, Danny easily manages to overpower and reverse the possession when Sidney tried a second time.[3] It is also shown later in the series, Danny's future self became uneffected by the Specter Deflector and removed it despite it visibly working on him moments ago.[6] And when Danny was about to be destroyed by future versions of his enemies, he gained the Ghostly Wail which his future self stated he did not gain until ten years later[6]), Accelerated Development (Passive & Training; Abilities. Danny has shown to naturally develop his abilities,[4] and increase their effectiveness through training in less than a year, compared to Vlad Plasmius, who stated himself that it required years to develop and learn how to use the same abilities[7])

On his AP...

At least Multi-City Block level+ (Made a crater of this size in the first episode of the series.[1] Later grew powerful enough to fight evenly with an amped Ember McLain, who at the time was more powerful than when she overpowered him the first time they fought[27]), up to Low Multiverse level (In his battle with the Fright Knight, he grew powerful enough to knock him back and trade blows with him, despite being incapable of even making him flinch early in their fight[5][36 Universes])

This match up is Danny at 8-A, who Can evolve to 2-C. Danny outright jumped to 2-C in that fight, he has consistent feats throughout the series that show his power grows in several of his fights. I even made a thread on those respectively. Danny gained a move he wouldn't gain until 10 years in the future simple because he was about to be killed by his future enimes, he's shown to gain power and resistances in combat as well.

If your going to say something is false, I suggest you do your research first because that's what's accepted. If you disagree then you need to make a thread because as it stands, Danny has Reactive Evolution and Accelerated Development via feats. The Graphic Novel even shows his emotional drives can massively buff his power as he was weak and his Powers were fading yet after gaining a new drive his power shot up to his future self (fused with Clockwork). He's gained abilities in far shorter time than people far smarter and stronger than him so yes he has reactive evolution and accelerated development that is shown to give him massive boosts. I don't plan on going in circles here.

Swatting him away, even from afar is what I believe is well within Goku's capabilities (see above), although I can't find any gif that would suggest Danny could possess Goku even on-hit. On another note, I browsed the Danny Phantom wiki (which is listed as a source for 'detailed information' on the wiki) and it says that humans with strong willpower are resistant to being possessed if forced to do something against their will. If that's the case then Danny's possession wouldn't work at all. Though this is probably not likely.
I'd advise you not to take all information from the Danny Phantom wiki when they don't accept all of what we accept (it may be listed as a source but that's for a general take on the series characters and episodes, not battling information) and just because you don't find it there doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The first time Danny's possession activated, it happened when he placed his hands on Dash's back and you can literally see the possession trigger the shock on his face as he's pulled in and was shocked to see he was in Dash's body, so yes, when Danny activates his possession (which he does before touching the individual after the first ever time with Dash) and they make contact it will forcefully pull him into Goku's body even if Danny for some reason changed his mind.

As for the willpower thing, that happened one time when Vlad attempted and successed to overshadow Jack, who didn't stop the possession, he simply could talk breifly to let Maddie know that his will was being overpowered by a ghosts. Heck even later in the series a weaker shadow duplicate could overshadowed Jack without resistance (Season 3, "Eye for an Eye"). But Danny himself has no issue overshadowing his Jack and left him with no memory of the event unlike Vlad. Danny's possession is outright shown to be better and I even posted a link showing that Danny's possession is layered and it's explained on the Ghost Physiology (Danny Phantom) that it affects the target on multiple levels. Danny outright left mental suggestions in people's minds to make them agree to something and never speak of things again (Season 2, "Reality Trip").

So no, Goku's supernatural willpower that hasn't been shown to counter layered possession that affects the body (on a molecular level), the mind (subconscious), and the spirit isn't stopping Danny's possession.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back