• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Goku fights an Emo Ghost

Xeno Goku vs Darkrai

Seeing as how cresselia vs goku was rather messy I figured we might as well throw in the other half to the duo, and here he is now.

Speed equalized.

Calaca Vs said:
Does Goku's Resistance helps or nah?
Well, Darkrai with its Sleep manipulation was able to affect a Higher-Dimensional Being (I do not remember if it was Palkia or Dialga), then no, Goku's Resistance would not help

Question.

Does Darkrai absolutely begin with Sleep Manip. or are people just giving Darkrai hyper competency. I know Darkrai's signature move is Dark Void but when has it flat out just spammed that in-lore. I question this because other Legendaries such as Dialga and Palkia, despite being very haxxed out, don't use their signature moves off the bat either.

So, via virtue that Xeno Goku can be argued to be equal or superior to the Creation Trio in sheer AP, and Creation Trio > Darkrai, I'm pretty inclined to say Goku would just blast unless Darkrai really does use it's hax more than the Creation Trio does.

If it's Dodgeable then that just makes it worse for Darkrai since Xeno Goku, in pretty much every instance of a serious battle, was never really willing to take on hits if he can help it. Although this can be attributed to the fact that Xeno Goku has less appearances, the fact that he also is more often than not shown to dodge rather than to simply block unlike his canon counterpart or CC Counterpart.

Also this might be gameplay or something, but if the game's representation is accurate, then Darkrai's Dark Void looks eerily similar to Freeza's Paralysis ball he used back at Namek. Which is just more reason for Goku to dodge.

Edit:

"Well, Darkrai with its Sleep manipulation was able to affect a Higher-Dimensional Being (I do not remember if it was Palkia or Dialga), then no, Goku's Resistance would not help"

I'm not really sure how it works, but Goku has Mind Manip. Resistance on a Higher-Dimensional level as well (Demigra is able to mindhax Infinite Zamasu, who himself is merged with the timeline and has become the timeline; therefore 4D). Although not sure how applicable this is to sleep since to me it seems like Dark Void is flat out never explained in it's mechanics.

Goku might be able to resist it depending on how it works.

The same way Emphatetic manipulation can be resisted by someone with mind manip resis.

Is there like, an obscure data book that explains Darkrai's abilities or something? Or is it just left ambiguous?

@Akreious

Well, yes, this is the initial move that Darkrai uses most early in fights or most of them, and there are two versions of Dark Void:

Anime version: Drakrai uses several projectiles in the form of dark spheres
Game Version: Darkrai creates darkness to "BFR" or drag its oponents in a dark world and making its enemy sleep

Well, although I consider the Dark Void version of the games more canon than the anime version, because the games are the main canon and anime the secondary canon and etc.

Warren Valion said:
Would Goku's mindhax resistance make so he can resist Dark Void though?
Again, unless it's explained how Dark Void works, there will never be a clear answer.

@Enryu

I'll have to check the anime and game versions beyond pictures then.

Akreious said:
Question.
Does Darkrai absolutely begin with Sleep Manip. or are people just giving Darkrai hyper competency. I know Darkrai's signature move is Dark Void but when has it flat out just spammed that in-lore. I question this because other Legendaries such as Dialga and Palkia, despite being very haxxed out, don't use their signature moves off the bat either.

So, via virtue that Xeno Goku can be argued to be equal or superior to the Creation Trio in sheer AP, and Creation Trio > Darkrai, I'm pretty inclined to say Goku would just blast unless Darkrai really does use it's hax more than the Creation Trio does.
Darkrai usually pulls Dark Void out of his a*s from the get-go, but apparantly it takes the form of a projectile, which changes things a lot

In terms of AP Goku should be superior to the entirety of the Creation Trio including Arceus, cause all 4 scale from the number of existing universes in the Pokemon world which apparantly has a million digits, which they all have complete control over, while Base Goku scales to i think Demigra who could destroy every posibility to ever exist, which would include the possibility that at this very second I moved my 201,923th liver cell 0.02759723944398639859227 Planck units slightly more to the top-right than I actually am right now, which would be a number far, FAR above a million digits. Honestly if not for hax and speed I think Goku could solo Pokemon via AP alone, but don't quote me on that

So theoretically Goku could one-shot Darkrai if he could hit him before Dark Void puts him asleep, or he dodges Dark Void and one-shots Darkrai afterward. Worst-case scenario Goku would be asleep, but Darkrai would still be dead.

Changing vote to Goku

Although it's possibly not as insane as Mickey is making it out to be (Although it probably is), Dragon Ball Heroes and co. are agreed upon to essentially have the highest possible level of 2-B that isn't flat out 2-A territory with Xeno Goku scaling above that feat done by Demigra in his Base form. Goku then has SS1, 2, 3, and 4 buffs on top of that as well as a Kaioken stack.

Danmaku sleep hax GG. Goku doesn't have UI and won't be able to dodge them all. A single one of them screws him sideways. Darkrai literally always leads with Dark Void.

Goku's mental resistances heavily pales in comparison to any of the tier 2s in Pokemon.

Also pretty much everyone was heavily downplaying Dialga in that fight (Dialga not leading with time manip is effing inane) but whatever.

Darkrai sleep manipulation works on Dialga and Palkia who are 4D beings.

In other words, he spams Dark Void and Goku gets put to sleep.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Darkrai sleep manipulation works on Dialga and Palkia who are 4D beings.
In other words, he spams Dark Void and Goku gets put to sleep.
Demigra mindhaxed Infinite Zamasu, a living Timeline (4D Being).

Goku resists Demigra's Mindhax.

"Danmaku sleep hax GG. Goku doesn't have UI and won't be able to dodge them all. A single one of them screws him sideways. Darkrai literally always leads with Dark Void."

Citation please. I've asked if Darkrai spams Dark Void all the time and the response so far has been ".... Eh?". Also Instant Transmission. Like, it's the easiest response to Danmaku. Just don't be in range of the Danmaku. Or attack. Whatever the case. Plus we don't know if they can be triggered by goku's own Ki Attacks since it's never intercepted in-lore.

Occam's Razor would say that Dark Void (The Projectile) would indeed interact and collide with Goku's Ki Blast, which means that Goku's Kamehameha would just plow straight through Darkrai's Sleep Hax balls with a Massive AP Difference.

"Goku's mental resistances heavily pales in comparison to any of the tier 2s in Pokemon."

Besides resisting Demigra who mindhaxed a being that's a literal timeline...?

"Also pretty much everyone was heavily downplaying Dialga in that fight (Dialga not leading with time manip is effing inane) but whatever."

... Because Dialga never did? We're clearly shown that Dialga's time hax works on fellow Legendaries (Giratina for one. It's like... a massive plotpoint) and yet he basically never uses it in any other situation it could've been helpful. And then he doesn't use Roar of Time off the bat against Palkia either, both in-lore, in the anime and in the games.

Sweet. Demigra's mindhax pales in comparison to a single member of the Lake Trio, let alone Darkrai.

Here's your citatio. You're also severely underestimating danmaku (Play a 2hu game and see if teleportation would help you there for example). This ain't on the level of that but still. Darkrai's far more maneuverable than Goku and can easily get an edge even if Goku could dodge them all. Yeah, Kamehameha would break through but Goku's much more of an H2H fighter.

You'd have to ignore literally every shred of lore for Dialga, in which literally, and I mean literally, everything talks about his temporal powers, to beleive that. But of course, people focused on when he fought Palkia, who has resistance to time manipulation on his page so temporal powers clearly wouldn't work and Dialga knew that given he's know Palkia for literally ever, and Giratina, who not only ambushed Dialga, but Dialga used its powers there. Also ignores the manga where Dialga actually abuses time manipulation, saying it was under the control of Cyrus at the time.

1. Darkrai doesn't have Danmaku

2. Darkrai isn't more manuverable than Goku is. Both have True Flight and Teleportation

2. In a fight with equalized speed, using an attack that never had a guaranteed chance to hit in the first place (Dark Void) will mean that there is a very high chance that Goku will dodge it, especially considering his many methods of avoiding stuff.

3. Evenif if the whole accuracy thing is just a game mechanic, there's really nothing stopping Goku from dodging an energy blast-based attack. And then the millisecond Goku retaliates, Darkrai will die.due to Goku's massive AP edge

That's some pretty sad Danmaku to me

Darkrai only used it against multiple opponents, and they were so slow that normal Pokemon Trainers could dodge it. Plus I don't think it's crazy enough to say that it's Danmaku. That's like saying Vegeta's Galick Shooting is Danmaku, even though it's not.

plus in-character Darkrai would only shoot 1 Dark Void. He wouldn't lolspam it untill he sees Goku dodging it again and again, and by then Goku would have already one-shot him

Assuming Goku doesn't attack first (which is entirely possible), Goku isn't just gonna stand there and take Darkrai's blast, he's going to dodge it in-character. Once that happens, anything Goku does has enough AP to blow Darkrai away.

And you also know that Tier 2 Pokémon are constantly affected by PIS, right? Clearly the Pokémon trainers dodging the Dark Void from Darkrai is a strong PIS

considering how Goku has info analysis that's basically instantaneous, yes, I think he would. Also in character Goku usually dodges shit. He isn't like Broly, he dodges even if he dicks around. I mean, you don't see him just standing there tanking hits against every fodder in the ToP. Hell, he even dodges against freaking machine gun bullets.

The real cal howard said:
Xeno Goku can't dodge forever. And him getting a hit for Goku is much harder for him than it is for Darkrai. Everything Goku has is linear. Not the same as Darkrai, who could just get bored enough to use Hypnosis.
Bending Ki Blasts and homing Ki Blasts has been a basic thing since late Dragon Ball let alone Xenoverse. So saying everything Goku has is linear is flat out incorrect for one. Second, Destructo Disc has awesome homing capabilities. Third, Goku has a hilarious AP advantage. As of right now, Goku just plows straight through the Dark Void with his own ki blast and taking Darkrai out with it so this debate isn't even relevant.

You're woefully cutting Goku short in every category right now Cal. Darkrai can't dodge forever either and unlike Darkrai who needs a few special attacks to defeat Goku, literally anythiny Goku does has the capability to 1-shot Darkrai.

Goku's never once used homing ki blasts from what I remember. The Destructo Disc can't home. And he's primarily a physical fighter, not a range spammer. Same can't be said about Darkrai. Goku's not going to blow up the attacks with ki blasts because that's not what he does. Darkrai has more options of dodging like his intangibility, shadow travel, and his own teleportation. Goku needs to tap him, sure (I will be making a downgrade thread soon enough), but Darkrai's going to hit first.

If Goku would have issues dodging Darkrai's Danmaku, then what stops Goku from using his Instant Transmission to teleport right next to Darkrai and punch him in the face?

Back