• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gojo's Rizz (Jujutsu Kaisen)

I can't believe this is an actual thread. Social Influencing itself as an ability on this wiki seems kind of ridiculous. It's not like the ability is ever used or factored into Vs battles at all. I never see a user argue, "But Aizen's social influencing scales above [blank], so he'd convince them to join his cause. This match is a stomp". So why the hell do people bother adding it as an ability at all?
Junko Enoshima has a really powerful combat applicable SI, thing gives her 99.9% of her wins, but it's more of the "talk into suicide" SI, which is sorta rare
There are weaker SI variants that can be combat appilcable tho, like Reko's intimidation delaying incoming attacks and stuff like that

Junko Enoshima has a really powerful combat applicable SI, thing gives her 99.9% of her wins, but it's more of the "talk into suicide" SI, which is sorta rare
There are weaker SI variants that can be combat appilcable tho, like Reko's intimidation delaying incoming attacks and stuff like that
That's not really social influencing, though. That's her madness manipulation. If she didn't embody the sense of despair, her words wouldn't be able to reach people like that.

That's not really social influencing, though. That's her madness manipulation. If she didn't embody the sense of despair, her words wouldn't be able to reach people like that.
I mean her madness hax is a byproduct of her SI, which itself is a byproduct of her Info Analysis & Precog and so on,
Point is that SI can be a wincon, both Frisk and King have wins (Incon in Frisk's case) due to it.

We see how his very presence as active or inactive shapes the world of JJK which is a far greater use and application of the ability in question.
I found one of the scans that might help solidify the revision.
nT85qZQWKZWHpiqm5CDU1611755317.jpg

Source: Chapter 96: The Shibuya Incident, Part 14.

I can't believe this is an actual thread. Social Influencing itself as an ability on this wiki seems kind of ridiculous. It's not like the ability is ever used or factored into Vs battles at all. I never see a user argue, "But Aizen's social influencing scales above [blank], so he'd convince them to join his cause. This match is a stomp". So why the hell do people bother adding it as an ability at all?
  • The VS Battles Wiki is primarily an information indexing website, whereas the battleboarding of versus threads in this forum website is bonus content. I don't care whether or not people can use social influencing to argue in favor of Gojo in a versus thread, and I don't have to care. What I care about is profiles having correct information on them.
  • The Social Influencing page that I linked at the beginning of this thread describes the many useful applications that the ability itself has. Of course, Gojo can't use them all, but it's wrong to claim that he shouldn't have the ability listed on his profile due to social influencing itself being useless, because it isn't useless and it's considered as a legitimate ability by the VS Battles Wiki for good reasons.
  • The usefulness of social influencing can be more noticeable in match-ups that involve the intelligence of the combatants rather than the physical capabilities. (Those match-ups are allowed to be made on this forum website.) If you haven't seen those kinds of discussions on this forum website, it's not my fault, so don't claim that this thread is unbelievable because of it.

What about for Geto? We have direct statements that the reason certain people in his group follow his radical, insane ideas is his attractiveness, and how he's stated twice to be more attractive than Gojo

I found one of the scans that might help solidify the revision.
nT85qZQWKZWHpiqm5CDU1611755317.jpg

Source: Chapter 96: The Shibuya Incident, Part 14.
I think that's pretty good to support him having social influencing

Back