• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gojo's Infinity should block most things that follow the laws of physics

Gojo's Infinity as described on this wiki is the following:

By manifesting the naturally occurring infinity into reality,[16] Gojo is able to converge space as an infinite series of fractions, causing objects that approach him to slow down and never reach their target.[14] This idea of infinity is taken from Zeno's paradoxes, particularly the Achilles paradox. Akin to the way Achilles will never catch the tortoise due to the potential, infinite amounts of finite space separating them or how the real number one will never touch the actual number two due to the infinite amount of fractions that separate them, the opponent will never touch Satoru due to the infinity between them. The main cast agrees that Gojo's Infinity is impossible to bypass and is inviolable,[17] which means that the many Cursed Techniques they've witnessed are useless against him, which likely includes Uro's Thin Ice Breaker, a technique that Yuta can use,[18][19] Kenjaku's Antigravity System Reversal,[20] and Yuki's Black Hole

If Infinity can essentially divide the space between a person and whatever's trying to hit them an infinite amount of times, doesn't that mean you need either need Infinite Speed or Spatial Manipulation in order to bypass it?

Not to mention, wouldn't this mean that Gojo can block anything that abides by the laws of physics, such as sound, heat, and light, simply based off of common sense and deductive reasoning?

This post was motivated by this thread. TLDR As Nodt vs Gojo, both bloodlusted

without feats we can't say it can block absolutely everything like those things, as we see him very much utilizing them to see, hear and well, live in general

if there are cursed techniques that used those things, then i do think is fine to assume it can block those things if they are on harmful quantities (I.E jogo lol), but just assuming it is stretching it

The main cast agrees that Gojo's Infinity is impossible to bypass and is inviolable,[17] which means that the many Cursed Techniques they've witnessed are useless against him, which likely includes Uro's Thin Ice Breaker, a technique that Yuta can use,[18][19] Kenjaku's Antigravity System Reversal,[20] and Yuki's Black Hole
This assumption should be removed or reworded. It makes no sense to suggest Gojo's spatial ability can somehow resist a black hole warping space and time. Uro's Thin Ice Breaker really doesn't make sense since we know targeting the world (space) is what allowed Sukuna to bypass it, Uro's ct targets space and allows her to manipulate it. I can agree with the anti gravity since Gojo has blue which is basically gravity, he should be able to analyze it or not even need to.

If Infinity can essentially divide the space between a person and whatever's trying to hit them an infinite amount of times, doesn't that mean you need either need Infinite Speed or Spatial Manipulation in order to bypass it?
No teleportation would work too.

Not to mention, wouldn't this mean that Gojo can block anything that abides by the laws of physics, such as sound, heat, and light, simply based off of common sense and deductive reasoning?
Besides Gojo's limitless only being said to manipulate ce at the atomic level this doesn't cover light and the sound is literally getting past limitless and to his ear. Also heat doesn't really make sense.

Last edited:
This assumption should be removed or reworded. It makes no sense to suggest Gojo's spatial ability can somehow resist a black hole warping space and time. Uro's Thin Ice Breaker really doesn't make sense since we know targeting the world (space) is what allowed Sukuna to bypass it, Uro's ct targets space and allows her to manipulate it. I can agree with the anti gravity since Gojo has blue which is basically gravity, he should be able to analyze it or not even need to.
Black holes have mass and a technically material existence so the argument is fair. Ngl I think there's more of an argument for that than Kenjaku's Antigravity Reversal

Uro's innate technique is straight up a spatial attack tho so it shouldn't be on there do not mention the fact that I kept it there lol

Black holes have mass and a material existence so the argument can be made. Ngl I think there's more of an argument for that than Kenjaku's Antigravity Reversal
No one is talking about the mass, I'm talking about the fact black holes warp spacetime. And I personally don't see the gravity part either, we do see Blue pull on Gojo after all.

I'm fairly certain Gojo using Infinity to ignore gravitational forces and fly means he could neg Antigravity Reversal

As for the black hole, I'm also sure that the space-time shenanigans isn't literal space-time manipulation, but just a byproduct of gravity warping things a la relativity yadda yadda yadda correct me if I'm wrong

shouldn't it block heat based on his fight with gojo? (unless the anime changed how it went), cuz there he got hit directly by his fire and it got blocked by infinity

shouldn't it block heat based on his fight with gojo? (unless the anime changed how it went), cuz there he got hit directly by his fire and it got blocked by infinity
He wasnt hit directly. Limitless blocked it out. Its fire, not pure heat.

As for the black hole, I'm also sure that the space-time shenanigans isn't literal space-time manipulation, but just a byproduct of gravity warping things a la relativity yadda yadda yadda correct me if I'm wrong
Black holes literally warp spacetime due to the mass. Being near that it, he'd get sucked. Its not like space blocks out gravity's pull. We already saw he gets pulled by Blue.

No one is talking about the mass, I'm talking about the fact black holes warp spacetime. And I personally don't see the gravity part either, we do see Blue pull on Gojo after all.
Thanks for reminding. I was already planning on nuking few things I will make the downgrade thread when I'm free. Uro's CT and Black hole are added without any reason.

I can agree with the anti gravity since Gojo has blue which is basically gravity, he should be able to analyze it or not even need to.
Blue is just the creation of a negative distance. Gojo remove the desitance between twi locations making it seem like an object is being moved, probably how this is how his teleportation works.

No gravity and no telekinesis.

Especially Black hole, no one knew about Yuki's ct and I don't think anyone but Choso knows what happened
Still not about the black hole feat, Geto was next to her and we don't any "stretching" of matter or space-time.

Blue is just the creation of a negative distance. Gojo remove the desitance between twi locations making it seem like an object is being moved, probably how this is how his teleportation works.

No gravity and no telekinesis.
Still functions as gravity.

Still not about the black hole feat, Geto was next to her and we don't any "stretching" of matter or space-time.
0208-014.png

Still functions as gravity
There is no attraction of any kind, just deleting space to get get two object closer to eachother. Where is the gravity in that ?

Blue will work on someone inless he resist space manipulation while gravity can be resisted by physical stats.
It just doesn't make sense how he took a black hole to the face, survive it, and was fast enough to counter it with his Technique or how Tengen barrier could hold it .

How did he survive ? (plot armor?)

There is no attraction of any kind, just deleting space to get get two object closer to eachother. Where is the gravity in that ?
It says attraction several times lmao. Go read when blue pulled on Gojo

It just doesn't make sense how he took a black hole to the face, survive it, and was fast enough to counter it with his Technique or how Tengen barrier could hold it .

How did he survive ? (plot armor?)
You need to read the manga I’m not explaining everything to you. And wdym fast enough?

It says attraction several times lmao. Go read when blue pulled on Gojo
Yes, it's attraction but it doesn't involve gravity.
You need to read the manga I’m not explaining everything to you.
Inconsistency.
And wdym fast enough?
What us the necessary speed to move inside or escape a black hole ?(+lightspeed)

He preform an antigravity technique or something that nullify the BH after he was inside it.

Its basically gravity. Not sure why the distinction is important.
He choose a point then he start reducing the space around it, that what result in it's surrounding getting attracked to that point.

If it's spatial manipulation it can't be resisted normally, while LS could deal with it if it's gravity manipulation.
Kenjaku wasn't escaping though? He just activated his ct
From that distance he must atleast moved at a speed of FTL or more, but he ain't even close to that speed. How ?

It's moreso that other characters generally consider Gojo completely untouchable by pretty much everyone without the use of Domain Amplification, which no one has except the antagonists and Higuruma after he larned it from watching Sukuna. Even with Domain Amplification, Gojo got past it by just making it stronger.
No teleportation would work too.
yeah also that
Besides Gojo's limitless only being said to manipulate ce at the atomic level this doesn't cover light and the sound is literally getting past limitless and to his ear. Also heat doesn't really make sense.
Jogo's sound-based attack was intended to be a 2 part attack: The bugs create a sonic scream, then explode. It's potent enough that Gojo actually called it a "combination of Sonic and Explosive attacks", meaning the sound was also intended to damage Gojo, which it didn't. I'm hesitant to say that Gojo just facetanked the sound blast while blocking explosions from Infinity. It makes much more sense to say that he blocked both, cuz otherwise he would have taken damage

As for heat, Jogo's Domain is said to basically evaporate the average sorcerer just from entering it, which Gojo was able to resist. You might write this off as just a heat resistance, but even Yuji was protected from the heat as well. Yuji at this point in the story is around the level of an "average sorcerer", and even if you claim that Sukuna's influence helps him, Sukuna doesn't have any resistance to heat. He even claimed that he would be injured by Jogo's Max Meteor, which should be inferior to his Domain Expansion since a Domain Expansion is considered "the pinnacle of Jujutsu Sorcery" and every sorcerer's "Ultimate Technique". From what we can see from other examples, every single sorcerer who has a Domain uses their Domain as their ultimate move

Not to mention, due to Gojo's reputation, he should be able to block the likes of Jacob's Ladder, which is a light based attack.

Last edited:
It's moreso that other characters generally consider Gojo completely untouchable by pretty much everyone without the use of Domain Amplification, which no one has except the antagonists and Higuruma after he larned it from watching Sukuna. Even with Domain Amplification, Gojo got past it by just making it stronger.
Doesn't mean anything. It's an assumption.

Jogo's sound-based attack was intended to be a 2 part attack: The bugs create a sonic scream, then explode. It's potent enough that Gojo actually called it a "combination of Sonic and Explosive attacks", meaning the sound was also intended to damage Gojo, which it didn't. I'm hesitant to say that Gojo just facetanked the sound blast while blocking explosions from Infinity. It makes much more sense to say that he blocked both, cuz otherwise he would have taken damage
Yeah that doesn't matter. The sound is still reaching Gojo's ear. We see this in manga and the anime also shows this. If he was able to block out sound then he would not be able to hear it as the molecules wouldn't be able to hit one another and reach his eardrum.

As for heat, Jogo's Domain is said to basically evaporate the average sorcerer just from entering it, which Gojo was able to resist. You might write this off as just a heat resistance, but even Yuji was protected from the heat as well. Yuji at this point in the story is around the level of an "average sorcerer", and even if you claim that Sukuna's influence helps him, Sukuna doesn't have any resistance to heat. He even claimed that he would be injured by Jogo's Max Meteor, which should be inferior to his Domain Expansion since a Domain Expansion is considered "the pinnacle of Jujutsu Sorcery" and every sorcerer's "Ultimate Technique". From what we can see from other examples, every single sorcerer who has a Domain uses their Domain as their ultimate move
I guess ambient heat sure but heat through photons and gamma rays nah.

Not to mention, due to Gojo's reputation, he should be able to block the likes of Jacob's Ladder, which is a light based attack.
???😭😭😭
The Angel's technique explicitly states to negate others' Curse Technique. Do you want to claim that Gojo's Infinity can block it without any feats or statements, despite it being stated to be on par with Black Rope and ISOH, which have the power to bypass infinity?
16-oBZsJuCPD4FLH.png
17-ufIdPhUOTQ1jE.png

18-BIZKMcAXx-s3b.png
10-a5K0MDPE_gC08-m.jpg

GET REAL FOR ONCE.

It's fiction. We could ignore those details, I'm just hoping no one will try to give Kenjaku FTL speed or planetary durability.
I am quite confident that in this website, it is stated that escaping from a black hole is not FTL, but only involves resistance to gravitational forces.

The light being sucked into a black hole is simply because the immense gravitational pull distorts space-time around the black hole's event horizon. However, if we have sufficient resistance to gravitational pull or resistance to the distortion of space-time, it is not necessary to achieve FTL.

Look at it from the opposite perspective: if a character is FTL, does that mean they can survive a black hole without resistance to the distortion of space-time? Or can they resist it just by having FTL speed alone? I don't think so.

I am quite confident that in this website, it is stated that escaping from a black hole is not FTL, but only involves resistance to gravitational forces.
I'm not talking about escaping a BH.

Kenjaku was able to use his gravity technique and nullify it from a close distance before it killed him or atleast damage his brain. Isn't that a speed feat ?
Bro you're fighting ghosts lmao. We've gone through this bh scaling and its been rejected already, don't worry.
It's a very stubborn ghost.

Doesn't mean anything. It's an assumption.
That's true from our perspective, but don't you think the characters in-verse would know a lot more about Infinity than we do, specifically i nterms of what can and can't go through it? The spacial stuff like Thin Ice Breaker probably does go through since, well, it's space hax, but anything else that follows the laws of physics should theoretically be blockable, including photons and gamma rays, since there's nothing that could potentially contradict this
Yeah that doesn't matter. The sound is still reaching Gojo's ear. We see this in manga and the anime also shows this. If he was able to block out sound then he would not be able to hear it as the molecules wouldn't be able to hit one another and reach his eardrum.
If Gojo didn't block the soundwave at all his eardrums would have been completely blown off. The fact that he could negate it to the point that it ended up being harmless tells us that he can block sound-based attacks.

Before you say that he can't block off all of it. Gojo specifically trained himself to sort out danger levels of objects by their mass, speed and shape. Although photons have no mass, Infinity has blocked energy-based abilities before, as well as heat, which doesn't even occupy space. It's potent enough to even block Cleave and Dismantle before Sukuna adapted to Infinity.
I guess ambient heat sure but heat through photons and gamma rays nah.
read above

???😭😭😭
The Angel's technique explicitly states to negate others' Curse Technique. Do you want to claim that Gojo's Infinity can block it without any feats or statements, despite it being stated to be on par with Black Rope and ISOH, which have the power to bypass infinity?
16-oBZsJuCPD4FLH.png
17-ufIdPhUOTQ1jE.png

18-BIZKMcAXx-s3b.png
10-a5K0MDPE_gC08-m.jpg

GET REAL FOR ONCE.
ok ngl I completely forgot about this, that's my bad

If Gojo didn't block the soundwave at all his eardrums would have been completely blown off. The fact that he could negate it to the point that it ended up being harmless tells us that he can block sound-based attacks.
It still reached him, it's just him tanking it with no problem.

It still reached him, it's just him tanking it with no problem.
why would Gojo have any reason to specifically tank sound?

Soundwaves don't really act upon the traditional AP formula. Plenty of characters in fiction can have their eardrums blasted out from sound-based attacks despite the fact that they can blow up planets or smthn

Back