• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gojo's Infinity should block most things that follow the laws of physics

If Gojo didn't block the soundwave at all his eardrums would have been completely blown off. The fact that he could negate it to the point that it ended up being harmless tells us that he can block sound-based attacks.
If Gojo used Infinity to block the sound waves, he wouldn't hear it at all and there is no dampening effect you can argue for because Infinity doesn't work that way, if something is affected by Infinity then it is completely stopped from reaching Gojo. Sound waves propagate through a medium like air which Gojo allows to pass through Infinity thereby allowing sound to pass through Infinity
Soundwaves don't really act upon the traditional AP formula. Plenty of characters in fiction can have their eardrums blasted out from sound-based attacks despite the fact that they can blow up planets or smthn
Sorcerers can reinforce their ears with cursed energy

I'm not talking about escaping a BH.

Kenjaku was able to use his gravity technique and nullify it from a close distance before it killed him or atleast damage his brain. Isn't that a speed feat ?
How is getting close to a black hole different? Since what you said doesn't make it FTL, getting close is all about resisting gravity. I don't understand wym.

That's true from our perspective, but don't you think the characters in-verse would know a lot more about Infinity than we do, specifically i nterms of what can and can't go through it? The spacial stuff like Thin Ice Breaker probably does go through since, well, it's space hax, but anything else that follows the laws of physics should theoretically be blockable, including photons and gamma rays, since there's nothing that could potentially contradict this
Do I think the students would understand the complex mechanics of Limitless can and can't block out? Maybe? But they could also be saying this from their own experience with their ct not the addition of every ct they've seen.

If Gojo didn't block the soundwave at all his eardrums would have been completely blown off. The fact that he could negate it to the point that it ended up being harmless tells us that he can block sound-based attacks.
Or the sound isn't strong enough. Also prove he negated it.

sort out danger levels of objects by their mass, speed and shape. Although photons have no mass, Infinity has blocked energy-based abilities before, as well as heat, which doesn't even occupy space. It's potent enough to even block Cleave and Dismantle before Sukuna adapted to Infinity.
Notice how it says objects? Sound has no shape or mass. Heat does occupy space within objects, where do you think heat even is?
And blocking out dismantle and cleave mean nothing, there is no potency in blocking it out, its just invisible slashes until Gege wants to explain it, though given Gojo can see it and block it out, its unlikely its anything complex.

There isn't a set speed that things fall into a Black Hole so there's not much to get from that
Just wait until "someone" try to use it for an upgrade.
How is getting close to a black hole different? Since what you said doesn't make it FTL, getting close is all about resisting gravity. I don't understand wym.
The BH itself had reached him and not its gravitational pull. I'll drop this for now

Do I think the students would understand the complex mechanics of Limitless can and can't block out? Maybe? But they could also be saying this from their own experience with their ct not the addition of every ct they've seen.
The fact that Yuta has Dhruv Shikigami CT and Angel's CT already questions their credibility. Dhruv Shikigami has a domain, while Angel CT negates opponents CT like ISOH. By context, those people are just saying infinity is hard to bypass, that's all. Giving a rating that every CT they have seen can't bypass infinity, it's just a big assumption OP is making.

fair enough but I'm not just talking about the students. Other professional sorcerers + Yuta probably have better insights than the main cast
Or the sound isn't strong enough. Also prove he negated it.
Gojo specifically called it a "sonic attack", which makes me believe it was intended to be powerful enough to actually function like an attack. Although it's possible that the attack wasn't strong enough to harm Gojo in the first place due to the power disparity, like I mentioned before, Sound doesn't really fit on the traditional AP system, as some sonic attacks in fiction are meant to just blow people's ears out, like Homelander's scream iirc. Obviously there are other examples like Black Canary's scream snapping people's necks with sheer force, or Majin Buu ripping spacetime, but I don't think Jogo's was meant to just hit people with the impact of the soundwave. If his intention was to blow out Gojo's ears, the fact that it didn't do that meant that Gojo likely suppressed it instinctually, as per his training
Notice how it says objects? Sound has no shape or mass. Heat does occupy space within objects, where do you think heat even is?
And blocking out dismantle and cleave mean nothing, there is no potency in blocking it out, its just invisible slashes until Gege wants to explain it, though given Gojo can see it and block it out, its unlikely its anything complex.
Heat doesn't have shape or mass either.
Heat is the kinetic energy of molecules and atoms vibrating
sound is also a vibration that travels through the air

why would Gojo's infinity be able to block heat, but not sound?

also yeah I do admit the Cleave and Dismantle example was a bit weird

Other professional sorcerers + Yuta probably have better insights than the main cast
Like who?

Gojo specifically called it a "sonic attack", which makes me believe it was intended to be powerful enough to actually function like an attack. Although it's possible that the attack wasn't strong enough to harm Gojo in the first place due to the power disparity, like I mentioned before, Sound doesn't really fit on the traditional AP system, as some sonic attacks in fiction are meant to just blow people's ears out, like Homelander's scream iirc. Obviously there are other examples like Black Canary's scream snapping people's necks with sheer force, or Majin Buu ripping spacetime, but I don't think Jogo's was meant to just hit people with the impact of the soundwave. If his intention was to blow out Gojo's ears, the fact that it didn't do that meant that Gojo likely suppressed it instinctually, as per his training
Assumptions. The sound just isn't strong enough. We've seen internal attacks get tanked before.
0184-009.png

why would Gojo's infinity be able to block heat, but not sound?
Because he has to analyze these things first. All we're seeing is that he analyze sound like he cant with heat.

There's a cursed technique user specialized on sound and to assume he isn't aware of soundwaves and how they can be weaponized is outright ridiculous.
He measures which things are lethal or not and this isn't wholly based on just mass or speed but also danger rating and lethality.

Soundwaves still travel through space and the medium can still be easily affected by spatial hax

Back