• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Vegeta says that had he not become a majin, he wouldn't have been able to fight Goku since he's here for one day. That's the only reason he became majin, to beat Goku, not to be stronger than gohan. Shin tells him that that's dumb.
Vegeta retaliates to shin telling him that it's everything for him then tells shin that Goku surpassed him and saved his life (from krillin).
No, he clearly refers to the moment Gohan saved his life from Super Perfect Cell. Goku never directly saved Vegeta's life, he just let him go, and told Krillin to not kill him. The only thing that you are right on is that he wanted to surpass Goku. But that's not the only reason. Vegeta also clearly wanted to be the strongest as the prince of all Saiyans, and without the Majin power-up, he couldn't become the strongest. Again, Goku was dead so he doesn't count, but Gohan does, especially since this directly ties to many statement the two have about Gohan's past strength

No, he clearly refers to the moment Gohan saved his life from Super Perfect Cell. Goku never directly saved Vegeta's life, he just let him go, and told Krillin to not kill him. The only thing that you are right on is that he wanted to surpass Goku. But that's not the only reason. Vegeta also clearly wanted to be the strongest as the prince of all Saiyans, and without the Majin power-up, he couldn't become the strongest. Again, Goku was dead so he doesn't count, but Gohan does, especially since this directly ties to many statement the two have about Gohan's past strength
This man is reading dragon ball X bruh.
No, he clearly refers to the moment Gohan saved his life from Super Perfect Cell.
"Clearly". Mate where? Where in those two pages does vegeta even make mention of Gohan? The entire conversation with him and shin is revolving around Goku and him wanting to fight Goku. Why the hell would vegeta bring up gohan? Why would he be referring to gohan went he was responding to shin regarding Goku while pointing at Goku.
Goku never directly saved Vegeta's life, he just let him go, and told Krillin to not kill him.
Oh hell nah. Goku is directly responsible for saving vegeta's life. If he didn't stop krillin then vegeta's ass would be dead.
The only thing that you are right on is that he wanted to surpass Goku. But that's not the only reason. Vegeta also clearly wanted to be the strongest as the prince of all Saiyans, and without the Majin power-up, he couldn't become the strongest. Again, Goku was dead so he doesn't count, but Gohan does, especially since this directly ties to many statement the two have about Gohan's past strength
Your argument makes not the least bit of coherent sense. Goku was dead? The moment Goku went SSJ2 against yakon, vegeta decided to use babidi to make him stronger. Why didn't he want to do that before if he thought he was still weaker than Gohan? The answer is that Goku coming back to life for a day was the only trigger for him going majin.
No scratch that, if you said Goku was dead, then Gohan was weak as shit, when he went SSJ2 in the tournament Vegeta was clowning him. In fact, Vegeta actually said he was the strongest before Goku said he was coming back.
And yes, that was the only reason he became majin, exclusively to fight Goku.
"I only wanted to fight kakarot."
Lets read this again since you seem to have not read my first comment.
6.jpg

Goku tells vegeta that he became majin to fight him and Vegeta agrees by saying that it was his only choice.
Shin says "is that the reason? it's stupid" and vegeta replies by saying that it's everything to him.
There is no official translation for the color manga for the Buu Saga. All of these are unofficial
The color translations I'm talking about literally take the accurately translated scans and color over them. I just can't seem to link them and I can't access imgur from the phone. I also don't know any site that provides the official viz scans. And all this is irrelevant because both me and you know that the translations are accurate and you could go and get the translations you want yourself to contest me if you want.

All votes for Gohan should be removed as it starts from an argument that SSJ2 Vegeta confessed to be weaker than SSJ2 Gohan, already debunked by Fluffy.

Vegeta doesn't have rage boosts but he has SSJ2.

SSJ2 ≠ Rage Boost

SBA, he wants to win the fight.
The culmination of gohan's latent potential and his anger amps/rage boosts is his super saiyan 2 transformation. That's why his boost is so massive. SSJ Vegeta dwarfs SSJ Gohan but they should be comparable in SSJ2.

SBA puts the characters in character. Gohan also wanted to win against cell but instead he started crying. And when he got livid, he threw. Vegeta outskills.

I've decided to change the keys for this match. Now it's SSJ2 Vegeta after he became enraged by Beerus slapping Bulma vs Ultimate Gohan.

Basically, Vegeta scales way above Kid Buu, but Ultimate Gohan scales to Buutenks. Gohan slap GG, yeah?
Ultimate Gohan was completely overpowered by Buutenks in the manga. It was only in the anime that he was able to actually hold his own against Buutenks, and this is the manga version of Gohan that's being used. Ultimate Gohan was able to easily overpower Super Buu, who was shown to be comparable to if not slightly superior to Kid Buu, with whom Super Saiyan 3 Goku could fight evenly against. Vegeta had undoubtedly trained in the five years since Buu attacked and gotten stronger, and while enraged by Bulma being slapped, his power was stated to surpass Super Saiyan 3 Goku. So this isn't nearly as much of a slap as you make it out.

Ultimate Gohan was completely overpowered by Buutenks in the manga. It was only in the anime that he was able to actually hold his own against Buutenks, and this is the manga version of Gohan that's being used. Ultimate Gohan was able to easily overpower Super Buu, who was shown to be comparable to if not slightly superior to Kid Buu, with whom Super Saiyan 3 Goku could fight evenly against. Vegeta had undoubtedly trained in the five years since Buu attacked and gotten stronger, and while enraged by Bulma being slapped, his power was stated to surpass Super Saiyan 3 Goku. So this isn't nearly as much of a slap as you make it out.
But I'm pretty sure Gohan scales at least like 50 times as high, right?

Ultimate Gohan was able to easily overpower Super Buu, who was shown to be comparable to if not slightly superior to Kid Buu, with whom Super Saiyan 3 Goku could fight evenly against.
Super Buu actually is superior to SSJ Gotenks, who even in Base form scales to SSJ3 Goku (by scalng to his previous SSJ form pre HBTC, who could defeat Fat Buu), so Ultimate Gohan is vastly above Vegeta

Super Buu actually is superior to SSJ Gotenks, who even in Base form scales to SSJ3 Goku (by scalng to his previous SSJ form pre HBTC, who could defeat Fat Buu), so Ultimate Gohan is vastly above Vegeta
Actually, Gotenks scaled pretty similar to Goku in his base form pre-HBTC. Krillin thought he was powerful enough to beat Buu, even when Majin Vegeta, SSJ2 Gohan, Dabura, and Shin couldn't defeat him.

Actually, Gotenks scaled pretty similar to Goku in his base form pre-HBTC. Krillin thought he was powerful enough to beat Buu, even when Majin Vegeta, SSJ2 Gohan, Dabura, and Shin couldn't defeat him.
Yes, but that doesn't make him SSJ3 Goku level in Base. Adding to that is the fact that he got beaten to a pulp by Buu, who is weaker than SSJ3 Goku

All depends on how much stronger you think BoG SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Rage Boost Vegeta are compared to their Buu Saga states. And it also depends on if you think BoG Ultimate Gohan was weaker than Buu saga Ultimate Gohan. Since BoG Gohan got absolutely slapped by Beerus, though I think he was drunk? Idk if that was the movie or anime. But SSJ2 Rage Boost Vegeta made Beerus 'try' a bit.

All depends on how much stronger you think BoG SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Rage Boost Vegeta are compared to their Buu Saga states. And it also depends on if you think BoG Ultimate Gohan was weaker than Buu saga Ultimate Gohan. Since BoG Gohan got absolutely slapped by Beerus, though I think he was drunk? Idk if that was the movie or anime. But SSJ2 Rage Boost Vegeta made Beerus 'try' a bit.
BoG Gohan wasn't Ultimate, was he?

Skill-wise, I don't see much of a difference here

Nor do I see them entertaining the idea of toying with each other

During Battle of Gods, SS3 Goku was relative to Ultimate Gohan who was at least as strong as he was during the Buu Saga. SS2 Vegeta surpassed SS3 Goku, so I think Vegeta wins this

Majin Vegeta < Pre RoSaT Base Gotenks =< Fat Buu < SSJ3 Goku < Enraged SSJ2 Vegeta =< Pre RoSaT SSJ Gotenks < Post RoSaT Base Gotenks < Super Buu = Post RoSaT SSJ Gotenks < Post RoSaT SSJ3 Gotenks < Ultimate Gohan

yeah Gohan shitstomps

Vegeta would scale above Goku in BoG not buu saga.
Buu Saga Goku as a SSJ3 is weaker than Base Gotenks

SSJ3 Gotenks is weaker than Ultimate Gohan

For Vegeta to scale anywhere near Gohan, he would need to prove that he's gotten even stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks, which he hasn't done

yeah Gotenks didn't do so good against Beerus but he never went SSJ plus it was clearly a gag scene

Vegeta does repeatedly state that Goku is the strongest in BoG, which could be interpreted as Vegeta saying Goku surpassed Gotenks and Gohan
I do, however, remember Goku stating he couldn't beat Kid Buu in the first episode tho

Buu Saga Goku as a SSJ3 is weaker than Base Gotenks

SSJ3 Gotenks is weaker than Ultimate Gohan

For Vegeta to scale anywhere near Gohan, he would need to prove that he's gotten even stronger than SSJ3 Gotenks, which he hasn't done

yeah Gotenks didn't do so good against Beerus but he never went SSJ plus it was clearly a gag scene
I know how SSJ3 Goku scales in the buu saga. I recall statements at the start of BoG stating that Goku is the strongest warrior at the time making him stronger than gohan but I do not know where it's stated.
Vegeta does repeatedly state that Goku is the strongest in BoG, which could be interpreted as Vegeta saying Goku surpassed Gotenks and Gohan
I do, however, remember Goku stating he couldn't beat Kid Buu in the first episode tho
Do you have scans for these statements? I don't recall the kid buu one, it doesn't make sense since manga Goku implies he could beat him in SSJ.

Back