• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm aware that Buu Saga SSJ2 Goku and Buu Saga SSJ2 Majin Vegeta both surpassed SSJ2 Cell Saga Gohan. However, SSJ2 Vegeta was only stated to have surpassed SSJ2 Gohan after obtaining his power-up from Babidi. Vegeta is stated to have attained SSJ2 prior to his fight with Goku in the World Tournament, and he also stated that the gap between himself and Gohan had lessened in the seven years since Gohan fought Cell, but I'm pretty sure it's never outright stated that regular Buu Saga SSJ2 Vegeta surpassed Cell Saga SSJ2 Gohan, unless there's a page in the manga or source I'm missing.

Not sure if this logic holds up but since its a debatable fight ill try it
Goku only surpassed ss2 teen gohan when he went ss2, ss2 goku=majin vegeta and if majin>ss2 vegeta. Gohan would be above ss2 vegeta pre majin
ss2 goku=majin vegeta>ss2 teen gohan>ss2 vegeta

i vote incon

gohan has stat advantage but he can get cocky and slip up
vegeta has superior skills but he is very cocky and can mess up

even tho gohan won't underestimate vegeta that much, they are both very similar and just by going through assumptions it's very hard to say what's going to happen.

if it were ssj2 buu saga gohan it could be more fun tbh

Pretty sure that one might be a stomp in favor of Vegeta, since Gohan had gotten a lot weaker in the 7 years since he defeated Cell.
no he didnt, he just didn't get stronger

gohan in buu arc fought dabura (confirmed by goku to be perfect cell level opponent, likely even stronger since he used magic and stuff)

and still, vegeta was < gohan by the assumptions accepted in this thread

so yeah, it's most likely a stalemate, but buu gohan would be more mature and he has a better chance of winning

Considering that Vegeta already got SSJ2, but was stated to surpass Gohan only after recieving the Majin power boost, I would say Gohan has the advantage in terms of power over Vegeta even if it's only by a small margin

However, Vegeta is very skilled in his own right which may give Gohan some trouble, so this can go both ways. Voting Incon

Considering that Vegeta already got SSJ2, but was stated to surpass Gohan only after recieving the Majin power boost, I would say Gohan has the advantage in terms of power over Vegeta even if it's only by a small margin

However, Vegeta is very skilled in his own right which may give Gohan some trouble, so this can go both ways. Voting Incon
Gohan has stronger rage boost so can that help?

I think I’ll lean towards Gohan considering both Goku and Vegeta have said several times that Gohan has the potential to surpass both of them, to which he did in the Cell Saga and the Majin Buu Saga after having his potential unlocked, Not to mention he ultimately killed Super Perfect Cell despite only having 50% of his strength left

It did closed the gap between SSJ2 Goku and SSJ2 Vegeta. Gohan should be somewhere in between Vegeta and Goku since Vegeta was only said to surpass Gohan after he became Majin Vegeta

What are even the reasons for gohan winning this?
Both majin vegeta and SSJ2 Goku are unquantifiably stronger than pre majin SSJ2 Vegeta and SSJ2 Gohan respectively. Gohan having the stats advantage is completely baseless.
Vegeta has 7 years of training on top of being the more skilled fighter. Vegeta takes this.

Gohan hesitated to kill Cell and preferred to have fun with him at various times, and almost ended everything because of it.

kORPHn5obw3kysgA9xLIGadHyt3Sbx773jvT9AGpSMY.jpg
main-qimg-b6b07b43f88f45c9272e55d42e794b73

Vegeta, as proud as he is, will always choose to end his fights as quickly as possible, and there is not enough evidence to put SSJ2 Gohan > SSJ2 Vegeta. Vegeta definitely has the experience and skill advantage.

FF9fy5tXwAQJk7J.jpg:large

I vote for Vegeta.

Gohan hesitated to kill Cell and preferred to have fun with him at various times, and almost ended everything because of it.

kORPHn5obw3kysgA9xLIGadHyt3Sbx773jvT9AGpSMY.jpg
main-qimg-b6b07b43f88f45c9272e55d42e794b73

Vegeta, as proud as he is, will always choose to end his fights as quickly as possible, and there is not enough evidence to put SSJ2 Gohan > SSJ2 Vegeta. Vegeta definitely has the experience and skill advantage.

FF9fy5tXwAQJk7J.jpg:large

I vote for Vegeta.
You realize Vegeta was also toying with 19 in that fight right?

Maybe there's something I missed but what about Gohan's potential? Even as recently as the Universe 6 saga Vegeta stated that Gohan had the most latent ability out of every fighter he knew, and this was proven twice in his fights against Cell and Super Buu

Vegeta only surpassed Gohan when he became Majin. Before that, SSJ2 Vegeta is < SSJ2 Gohan
No this is wrong and was never stated. Unless you can prove it.
You realize Vegeta was also toying with 19 in that fight right?

Maybe there's something I missed but what about Gohan's potential? Even as recently as the Universe 6 saga Vegeta stated that Gohan had the most latent ability out of every fighter he knew, and this was proven twice in his fights against Cell and Super Buu
His potential being higher means that if he trains like Goku and vegeta, he'll be stronger than them because he has better growth potential. As shown in the DBS SH movie. It's irrelevant in this fight as gohan's potential is peaked at SSJ2 at that time.

No this is wrong and was never stated. Unless you can prove it.
Vegeta said that Gohan surpassed him, and he got the Majin boost so he could return to be the strongest Saiyan there is.

Given that Goku was dead and is not a factor here, Vegeta clearly referred to Gohan as being stronger than him

He literally only got the boost since he couldn't be the strongest without it

Vegeta said that Gohan surpassed him, and he got the Majin boost so he could return to be the strongest Saiyan there is.

Given that Goku was dead and is not a factor here, Vegeta clearly referred to Gohan as being stronger than him

He literally only got the boost since he couldn't be the strongest without it
Bro. He's literally talking about Goku. He's literally pointing at him while saying that.
Look at the context of the previous page.
6.jpg

Vegeta says that had he not become a majin, he wouldn't have been able to fight Goku since he's here for one day. That's the only reason he became majin, to beat Goku, not to be stronger than gohan. Shin tells him that that's dumb.
Vegeta retaliates to shin telling him that it's everything for him then tells shin that Goku surpassed him and saved his life (from krillin).
0263-007.png

He's says this while talking about Goku and literally pointing at him.
does vegeta even have a pre-manipulation sorcery ssj2 key?
His SSJ2 key serves as both his majin form and his normal SSJ2 form.

Bro. He's literally talking about Goku. He's literally pointing at him while saying that.
Look at the context of the previous page.
6.jpg

Vegeta says that had he not become a majin, he wouldn't have been able to fight Goku since he's here for one day. That's the only reason he became majin, to beat Goku, not to be stronger than gohan. Shin tells him that that's dumb.
Vegeta retaliates to shin telling him that it's everything for him then tells shin that Goku surpassed him and saved his life (from krillin).
You should use the Viz scans for your points, since the translation you posted isn't the official one

Back