• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Thanks, do you have a scan for goku being the strongest warrior at this time?
Also I thought about this fight and enraged vegeta pushed beerus way harder than goku and all the other z fighters did including ultimate gohan.
That's the point. Five years have passed since Buu. What do you think Goku and Vegeta were doing during that time, just sitting on their asses? The Buu saga scaling chain shouldn't be used for the beginning of DBS and instead should be used based on what we saw in the episodes, or at least the feats at the beginning of DBS should take priority over the Buu saga scaling.

Thanks, do you have a scan for goku being the strongest warrior at this time?
b015ffdad153fa3ee44c0d0708097a079b962aadv2_hq.jpg
sPVLGeo.png

That's the point. Five years have passed since Buu. What do you think Goku and Vegeta were doing during that time, just sitting on their asses? The Buu saga scaling chain shouldn't be used for the beginning of DBS and instead should be used based on what we saw in the episodes, or at least the feats at the beginning of DBS should take priority over the Buu saga scaling.
Goku during the 7 year time skip got strong enough to marginally surpass SSJ2 Gohan by an unquantifiably small degree
Despite the fact that he was not much weaker than Gohan before the timeskip

It took him 7 years just to surpass someone he wasn't far behind in the first place. What makes you think that 5 years is enough to bridge the gap between him and SSJ3 ******* Gotenks, much less Ultimate Gohan

Vegeta has never sensed Gohan's power. He was dead when Gohan unlocked his power, and has never fought Gohan before after that.
He knows how strong he is though because he fused with Goku into Vegito, allowing both of them to see each other's memories.

wait I just noticed

Vegeta surpassing Goku was stated by Master Roshi in the Battle of Gods Movie

which isn't canon to the anime

Not only is this never stated in the anime as far as I'm aware, but Roshi also doesn't know Goku's full power either since not only is he basically a complete non-factor in thee show as a whole as of that point, but he's also never felt Goku exert himself during the 5 year timeskip. Yeah, he definitely sensed SSJ3 Goku when he fought Fat Buu, but he never felt Goku's full power after that since Goku had no reason to go all out and frequently only trains in Base or SSJ

Therefore Roshi's only metric of power is via Buu Saga SSJ3 Goku's power against Fat Buu

meaning Gohan still wins

I mean, this Vegeta landed several hits on the suppressed Beerus that easily one-tapped the BoG Goku and made him use "10% of his power"

10% of Suppressed Beerus's power is Low 2C
Nah, Suppressed Beerus was on par with Super Saiyan God Goku, who's 3-A
But the percentages weren't even true, so ehhh
Vegeta surpassing Goku was stated by Master Roshi in the Battle of Gods Movie
In Super, it's Beerus himself who admits that

Beerus: "It's been a long time since I've used 10% or so of my full strength. Well, this was more fun than with that Saiyan over at North Kaio's place."

Nah, Suppressed Beerus was on par with Super Saiyan God Goku, who's 3-A
But the percentages weren't even true, so ehhh

In Super, it's Beerus himself who admits that

Beerus: "It's been a long time since I've used 10% or so of my full strength. Well, this was more fun than with that Saiyan over at North Kaio's place."
yeah the percentages weren't true in the slightest

oh yeah, I forgot about that part

yeah the percentages weren't true in the slightest

oh yeah, I forgot about that part
Percentages were absolutely bullshit. Or at least, they became bullshit. In the Battle of the Gods movie, SSG Goku was rated a 6 and Beerus as a 10. But it's abundantly clear now that isn't even close, since Whis literally compared Goku and Vegeta to trees while Beerus was a castle. So I don't believe Beerus at all when he said he was using 10% of his energy.

Percentages were absolutely bullshit. Or at least, they became bullshit. In the Battle of the Gods movie, SSG Goku was rated a 6 and Beerus as a 10. But it's abundantly clear now that isn't even close, since Whis literally compared Goku and Vegeta to trees while Beerus was a castle. So I don't believe Beerus at all when he said he was using 10% of his energy.
It's not so much the percentages as the "this was more fun"

Was there anything indicating that gohan got weaker? If I recall correctly, he still had access to his ultimate form both in the anime and the movie. Gohan is only demonstrably weaker in RoF where he could barely turn SSJ.
Eh, lotta time passed, he wasn't training.

Eh, lotta time passed, he wasn't training.
So it's just speculation.
Well it's likely that Goku is stronger than even ultimate gohan considering the statements of him becoming the strongest. But even if you don't include that, he'd still be above SSJ3 Gotenks, now lets do a little scaling chain.
SSJ3 Gotenks = super buu <<< Gohan (stomped buu)
SSJ3 Gotenks < SSJ3 Goku <<< SSJ2 Vegeta (way more impressive to beerus than Goku and actually made beerus fight back)
So considering that vegeta is more skilled than gohan and he should scale a little higher, I will vote for vegeta.

So it's just speculation.
Well it's likely that Goku is stronger than even ultimate gohan considering the statements of him becoming the strongest. But even if you don't include that, he'd still be above SSJ3 Gotenks, now lets do a little scaling chain.
SSJ3 Gotenks = super buu <<< Gohan (stomped buu)
SSJ3 Gotenks < SSJ3 Goku <<< SSJ2 Vegeta (way more impressive to beerus than Goku and actually made beerus fight back)
So considering that vegeta is more skilled than gohan and he should scale a little higher, I will vote for vegeta.
Just putting more < signs doesn't make you right.

Goku couldn't possibly close a x2000 AP gap in just 5 years, considering that he didn't make such a gigantic improvement in the 7 years between the Cell and Buu Sagas.

It's more likely that Gohan just got weaker in the timeskip between the Buu Saga and DBS.

Goku couldn't possibly close a x2000 AP gap in just 5 years, considering that he didn't make such a gigantic improvement in the 7 years between the Cell and Buu Sagas.

It's more likely that Gohan just got weaker in the timeskip between the Buu Saga and DBS.
That, and he wouldn't necessarily be stronger than Gotenks, because Gotenks wasn't there when he was said to be the strongest. That's like saying he's stronger than Vegito.

That's not how it works, jumping power gaps is not consistent sometimes it takes years to close a small gap and 1 fight to close a giant gap. It not making sense is not an argument. Goku's base went from buu saga level to surpassing SSG in the course of a fight. Goku also had undergone countless zenkai during his gravity training and only got about 4x stronger, but one zenkai after his fight with ginyu made him over 10x stronger.
It's entirely possible for Goku to have gotten far stronger after the buu saga especially when it's stated verbatim.
I would rather go for the simplest explanation which is consistent with the statements than speculation.
That, and he wouldn't necessarily be stronger than Gotenks, because Gotenks wasn't there when he was said to be the strongest. That's like saying he's stronger than Vegito.
Goku makes up vegito he can't be stronger than him at the same time. It's not the same.

Goku makes up vegito he can't be stronger than him at the same time. It's not the same.
Ok. Then what about how he was saying, evidenced earlier in the thread, he couldn't beat Buu? Also, Gotenks literally didn't exist when the remark about him being the strongest was made, right?

Gohan getting weaker is not speculation. Goku having an absurd jump in power just for training with King Kai is speculation.
No gohan getting weaker is actually speculation. You have no proof for it except that gohan gets weaker in the next arc which isn't evidence and only conjecture.
On the otherhand, Goku getting stronger is supported by 2 statements and your counter argument for it is an argument feom incredulity.
Ok. Then what about how he was saying, evidenced earlier in the thread, he couldn't beat Buu? Also, Gotenks literally didn't exist when the remark about him being the strongest was made, right?
It was clarified a few posts later that Goku actually only said that he couldn't beat buu back then in the past.
You would have an argument if the statement was that goku was the strongest warrior at the current moment in time the statement was made.

No gohan getting weaker is actually speculation. You have no proof for it except that gohan gets weaker in the next arc which isn't evidence and only conjecture.
On the otherhand, Goku getting stronger is supported by 2 statements and your counter argument for it is an argument feom incredulity.
Alright, this makes sense so i'll change my vote to Vegeta FRA

Back