• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God to Villain - Steel Hell (RP Thread)

fc6oDbj.jpg

Rain poured to the grounds of Dusk City, the alleyways painted in liquid. Rats crawled through the muck of the desolate region, all manner of scum crawling into the streets of Dusk City to do their business.

And in the deepest, darkest parts of the city...

"Engen..."

A man walked into a dark, cold room, a flickering light keeping the room alight. It was empty, devoid of any obvious furniture or anything to brighten the mood. It was akin to a... solitary confinement chamber, cut off from the outside world and any other form of contact.

"I agreed to bring them here because I thought I'd get something out of this. Now, I know you'd never lie to me, but..."

"Quiet, Mujin. They'll come."

With him, stood another. He hid in the darkness, outside of sight, but he domineered over the air... His voice made the space around him tremble, and caused the man that stood before him to shudder, the power seeping into his veins. The man, seemingly named Mujin, shook his head, putting his hands in his pockets, a sly grin plastered across the dull man's face. He breathed out.

The two men, clouded in mystery, awaited their partners.

"You sure they'll come, Engen...?"

"They'll come."

"You said that already, but..."

"I told you to wait, Mujin... No villain worth a damn would pass up a job this profitable. Just have faith."

"Faith in what...?"

"Faith in villainy."

"Having faith in a villain...? Great idea..."

And they continued to wait.

"Mind giving me a briefing on them...?"

"You doubt to much, Mujin..."

"I at least deserve a briefing..."

"....."

"Come on, Engen. A briefing. I need info on who I'm working with."

"...."

"...Please?"

"...Fine."

"Great!"

"...."

"...Mind starting?"

"...Alarak Tal'tharim. A fighter. Previously a rich kid, but kicked out of her household after murdering a servant at the age of 5. Currently a mercenary. Her Soul Edge is called Psionic. Its effects aren't publically known."

"Sounds hard to deal with. Next?"

"..."

"...Next??"

"Michael. I don't know her past. Her Soul Edge is unknown."

"Wish you had more info, but, what can you do...? Next."

"Cato Hyatt. His past is irrelevant. His Soul Edge is unknown."

"....Amazing briefings."

"You wanted information."

"This isn't information..."

"You want it or not?"

"...Fine. Next."

"Zack Johns. Known to the public as the "Painter Master". A first-rate villain, with a versatile Soul Edge that allows him to distort reality."

"Reality Distortion...? Heh. Intriguing."

"It's powerful. It's why I hired him. But it's not all-powerful."

"Obviously. Next?"

"Kiara Merlo. An unknown past, with a pathetically weak Soul Edge. But she has potential. She can grow, if put to work."

"You've always had an eye for potential, haven't you, Engen...? Heh... Next?"

"Antony Collins. Another first-rate Villain. His powers are devastating, uncontrollable, but strong when tempered. He'll be useful for some muscle."

"Is that so...? I'll keep an eye on him, then. Next?"

"Mimic. Once again, a first-rate Villain. Digging up info on him his hard, though. He's never gone public with his skills, and the Hero Association has no file on him."

"He's discreet, then?"

"Very. I didn't have time to do anymore digging."

"It'll be interesting to meet him, then... Next?"

"Finally, a woman known as Tooha. Not a lot of info on her to begin with."

"Haaaa... Well, it's a fine enough briefing. I know what to expect... somewhat, then. I guess we just need to wait, then..."

Mujin crossed his arms, staring at the door as his teeth collided with his lower lip, a shudder running through his body.

"Don't get to excited, Mujin..."

"Oh, I won't... I just... wonder. Wonder who'd join us in this Hell..."

And as such, they waited for the new arrivals...

Mimic shook his head.

"...I ******* wish I got a half hour of sleep a night." The man grumbled. He turned away from the man, beginning to walk towards the exit.

"....We're done here. Let's head back before some junkie tries to shank us."

Mimic simply stuck his middle finger at the man, before walking away.
Cato didn't even bother trying to debate and simply played with his phone, still upsidedown.

Mimic shook his head.

"...I ******* wish I got a half hour of sleep a night." The man grumbled. He turned away from the man, beginning to walk towards the exit.

"....We're done here. Let's head back before some junkie tries to shank us."
"Perhaps tonight will be the night! Soul Edge users can go a much longer time than any human without sleep, but you will eventually need to sleep for more than an hour for basic life functions." Mujin said as he turned to exit the abandoned building.

"Perhaps tonight will be the night! Soul Edge users can go a much longer time than any human without sleep, but you will eventually need to sleep for more than an hour for basic life functions." Mujin said as he turned to exit the abandoned building.
Mimic shrugged.

“Yeah yeah, whatever man. Might need to start taking sleeping pills again…” The man grumbled. He stepped outside the door, walking back towards the rest of the group.

"Or maybe just go to sleep? Overuse of drugs to put yourself to sleep will **** you up in the long run, you know." Mujin said.

"I know what insomnia is, dipshit. Point is, drugs don't help." Mujin said, "There are plenty of other ways to fall asleep outside of popping pills."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say. You should probably stop walking for a bit." Mujin said, stopping in his tracks.

Mimic raised an eyebrow, burying his hands back into his pocket. His fingers brushed against the hilt of his knife, slowly wrapping themselves around its hilt.

"....Sense something?" The man muttered, halting a few feet in front of the man.

"Nothing hostile. Just wait." Mujin said as Mimic would slowly be able to sense Ether rising from the ground beneath.. no, not from the ground, but, from both of their shadows. The darkness began to slowly take form in front of them, taking a... vaguely human shape. "........"

"Meet Roxanne, Mimic. She's Engen's bodyguard." Mujin said.

"........" The woman looked at Mimic back away from her, her eyes trailing down at his stumbling feet, before she looked back up. With a swift, but courteous motion, she bowed down to Mimic and Mujin. She then spoke in broken English.

"As... Master... Mujin... says. I... am... body... guard. I... protect you. From... God... Han...d."

"We've known each other for a long while, but, the title isn't specific to me. She refers to everyone as "master", or with a respectful title of sorts." Mujin explained, "That's just how she was trained."

"That... is.. unnecessary." Roxanne said, "My... presence... remain... discreet. I... inside... Master Mimic's... and... Master Mujin's... shadow. Fight... within... your... darkness. Can be... called... from... shadow."

"...Basically. If... you... desire... inform... your... group. I... will... not stop... you. But I... prefer... to work... in the shadows. Until... needed." Roxanne explained, "My... darkness... is... at your... disposal."

Mimic simply shrugged, rubbing one of his eyes with a hand.

“If you want to…hide in their shadows or whatever, that’s your business.” The man said.

“…Long as you stay out of my shit, and don’t go blabbering about the things you see. Got it?”

"I... do not... take orders... from you.... human... mutt." Roxxane said bluntly, her body beginning to melt down into Mimic's shadow.

"Keep... walking... fido."

"How about you both calm down, ay?" Mujin said with a smile, "There's no need to get hostile when we're supposed to be working together. Isn't that right, Roxanne?"

"...Master... Mujin... speaks truth. Conflict... would be... unreasonable. Apologies." Roxanne said from the shadows.

"Indeed! Now, Mimic, you say sorry to." Mujin said.

"How about you both calm down, ay?" Mujin said with a smile, "There's no need to get hostile when we're supposed to be working together. Isn't that right, Roxanne?"

"...Master... Mujin... speaks truth. Conflict... would be... unreasonable. Apologies." Roxanne said from the shadows.

"Indeed! Now, Mimic, you say sorry to." Mujin said.
"...I ain't apologizing for shit." The man said bluntly. He shook his head, moving his hands back to his pocket.

"...Let's just get going. Group'll think we got killed if we dick around for too long."

"...I ain't apologizing for shit." The man said bluntly. He shook his head, moving his hands back to his pocket.

"...Let's just get going. Group'll think we got killed if we dick around for too long."
"You really could use some humility, dude." Mujin said with a sigh, continuing to walk. The house was well within sight, so anyone standing outside would be able to see Mimic and Mujin approach.

“I ain’t obligated to be polite with every two-bit crony smiles sends at us. She should learn not to start shit.” Mimic said, waving his hand dismissively.

The tanned woman looked up as the two approached, still resting against the side of the house.

“It seems they did not die, brother. You were right.” She whispered. The man robotically nodded behind her.

“I ain’t obligated to be polite with every two-bit crony smiles sends at us. She should learn not to start shit.” Mimic said, waving his hand dismissively.
Mujin squinted his eyes, before shrugging. He began to walk a bit faster with his hands in his pockets. He let out a yawn. "Whateves. None of my business. I'm takin' a nap."

Cato sees this Roxanne talk with the two as he seemingly appears near where they are, not climbing up the building so as to not disturb them.

"Hmmm..."

He took a good look at his watch... (What's the time in the RP atm?)
... before fiddling again with his phone, playing chess for third or fourth time, those of which he forget how many times he had played it out of boredom.

Back