• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

Not really, because the Blade risked being shattered by the Sisters of Fate whereas the Blade of Olympus suffered no such weakness and could only be truly wielded by a god.
Bestowed it in some way = it being the actual blade, could have been a manifestation of it. Who knows

Hey speaking of GOW, does Ragnarok give an in game explanation as to why a fully upgraded Leviathan Axe and Blades of Chaos from 2018 went back to their base state in the three years between games? I heard that they explain it was due to a lack of maintenance, but I've not tried to spoil myself much about the game before I played it so I didn't want to accidentally spoil things for myself

Hey speaking of GOW, does Ragnarok give an in game explanation as to why a fully upgraded Leviathan Axe and Blades of Chaos from 2018 went back to their base state in the three years between games? I heard that they explain it was due to a lack of maintenance, but I've not tried to spoil myself much about the game before I played it so I didn't want to accidentally spoil things for myself
I believe it has something to do with Fimblwinter, Planck knows more about it.

Hey, I managed to get a sneak peek at some new DLC for Ragnarok in the future fellas! And I got to say, Kratos seems to have regressed from being a god to a monkey....I wonder how else the upcoming DLC will play out with such an interesting direction.

unnamed_1.png

Yes this is a shitpost, I saw this on Youtube and I thought it'd be funny to share

Hey, I managed to get a sneak peek at some new DLC for Ragnarok in the future fellas! And I got to say, Kratos seems to have regressed from being a god to a monkey....I wonder how else the upcoming DLC will play out with such an interesting direction.

unnamed_1.png

Yes this is a shitpost, I saw this on Youtube and I thought it'd be funny to share
This is what happen when a god mess with a monkey and his banana.

Last edited:

unnamed_1.png

I didn't know Kratos was part Saiyan =P

Fimbulwinter siphoned away magic from the Nine Realms and their weapons were no exception.

This is what heppen when a god mess with a monkey and his banana.
I didn't know Kratos was part Saiyan =P
Kratos be like:

Fimbulwinter siphoned away magic from the Nine Realms and their weapons were no exception.
So basically his weapons and upgrades get messed up by magical snow after he killed Baldur in 2018 and jumpstarted Fimbulwinter? Time to start arguing that anyone with ice and snow powers can nullify Kratos' magic and weapons

So basically his weapons and upgrades get messed up by magical snow after he killed Baldur in 2018 and jumpstarted Fimbulwinter? Time to start arguing that anyone with ice and snow powers can nullify Kratos' magic and weapons
Fimbulwinter can drain magic from curses, Realms, and weapons and even affect the Light of Alfheim. It's just built different.

Fimbulwinter can drain magic from curses, Realms, and weapons and even affect the Light of Alfheim. It's just built different.
I just took a look at the Light of Alfheim section on the GOW Magic page and, damn, you're not wrong about Fimbulwinter being built differently....it's wild how it affected everything in the Nine Realms.

But by the way, I was looking at the Light of Alfheim section and I thought of something: Shouldn't the Light of Alfheim have Perception Manipulation added or something? When Kratos was in the Light, not only did he see things like the Bridge to Jotunheim when he only learned about later on after leaving Alfheim, but his perception of time was skewered where he felt he was in the Light for moments when it was actually for hours outside of the Light as shown in these videos linked.

Last edited:
Does it affect Baldur's invulnerability?(blessings and curses)
Unlikely. Baldur would've likely already tried to off himself over the century of being alive by jumping in.

I just took a look at the Light of Alfheim section on the GOW Magic page and, damn, you're not wrong about Fimbulwinter being built differently....it's wild how it affected everything in the Nine Realms.

But by the way, I wasn't looking at the Light of Alfheim section and I thought of something: Shouldn't the Light of Alfheim have Perception Manipulation added or something? When Kratos was in the Light, not only did he see things like the bridge to Jotunheim, but his perception of time was skewered because he felt he was in there for moments when it was actually for hours outside of the Light as shown in these videos linked.
Yeah, something like that. I plan on separating it into The Light of Alfheim for this stuff and Light Elf Magic. Elves very clearly do not possess its full power and soul annihilation effects.

Unlikely. Baldur would've likely already tried to off himself over the century of being alive by jumping in.

Yeah, something like that. I plan on separating it into The Light of Alfheim for this stuff and Light Elf Magic. Elves very clearly do not possess its full power and soul annihilation effects.
I edited my question so it makes more sense grammatically, probably doesn't bother you but I thought I'd just tell ya in case you were scratching your head.

So basically the Elves would be limited to what they're shown to utilize with Light Elf Magic but not have all the hax involving the Light of Alfheim?

I edited my question so it makes more sense grammatically, probably doesn't bother you but I thought I'd just tell ya in case you were scratching your head.

So basically the Elves would be limited to what they're shown to utilize with Light Elf Magic but not have all the hax involving the Light of Alfheim?
Yeah. Would make Bifrost the strongest Norse magic type lol, given that its the one that comes with space-time dura neg.

It's funny that Tyr went from "hippy fraud" to people wondering how Odin ever captured him with this DLC.
Correct me if I'm wrong here, I don't know much about the power scaling of GOW, but isn't it stated or implied that the Odin was the strongest of the Aesir including Tyr? If not then IIRC he killed Thor pretty easily during Ragnarok and it took the combine efforts of Kratos, Atreus, and Freya to take him down in the end. I know that Kratos did state that Tyr is one of the most formidable opponents he's faced, but you could argue that from feats Odin at his peak is stronger then Tyr at his peak

Correct me if I'm wrong here, I don't know much about the power scaling of GOW, but isn't it stated or implied that the Odin was the strongest of the Aesir including Tyr? If not then IIRC he killed Thor pretty easily during Ragnarok and it took the combine efforts of Kratos, Atreus, and Freya to take him down in the end. I know that Kratos did state that Tyr is one of the most formidable opponents he's faced, but you could argue that from feats Odin at his peak is stronger then Tyr at his peak
I think with this DLC muddies the water a bit but he's at least a good fight for Odin

Thor was killed with a spear so you'd have to remember to take the piercing damage into account. So while Odin is indeed more powerful, its not an absolutely overwhelming gap.

As for power, Thor is the physically strongest Aesir while Odin is the strongest overall taking magic into account. Kratos, Freya and Atreus did need to team up to beat him so that confirms he's above them individually but not combined (you can fight X opponents without being X times stronger).

Tyr is as strong as Post-Ragnarok Kratos, whose stronger than when he defeated Thor. Sigrun also calls Tyr "peerless" for what it's worth.

I'm like 90% sure there was a mention of Asgard being unaffected by Fimbulwinter.
It was but Odin mitigated the effects via his magic.

Redeemrd warriors power null =< demigod kratos power null resistance < god kratos power null resistance < blades of Olympus power null = layer 1 < gow 3 kratos resistance to 1 layer < fear zeus Power null = 2 layers < poh kratos resistances
Did i forget any layers in the chain?

Redeemrd warriors power null =< demigod kratos power null resistance < god kratos power null resistance < blades of Olympus power null = layer 1 < gow 3 kratos resistance to 1 layer < fear zeus Power null = 2 layers < poh kratos resistances
Did i forget any layers in the chain?
I believe I was working on this, but I can't for the life of me find it. Planck might know more about it tho, so...

do you guys know if POH kratos resist 3 layers of info based corruption?
we talking abt that here

do you guys know if POH kratos resist 3 layers of info based corruption?
we talking abt that here
Kratos has no resistance to Info-based anything in any key.

Back