• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why didn't he do that in the Ragnarok fight, I wonder?
Meta-reason? They just wanted to have a 3v1.

But it'd likely just be due to being unable to get an opening to do that while fighting Kratos and Atreus on top of fighting her.

Canonically he just took her powers and banished her ass to another dimension. So, there's no point to this fight whatsoever.

Meta-reason? They just wanted to have a 3v1.

But it'd likely just be due to being unable to get an opening to do that while fighting Kratos and Atreus on top of fighting her.

Canonically he just took her powers and banished her ass to another dimension. So, there's no point to this fight whatsoever.
I wonder why he didn't do that to Kratos and/or Atreus...

Also, didn't he catch Freya off-guard when he power-nulled her?

I wonder why he didn't do that to Kratos and/or Atreus...
Kratos doesn't wield Vanir magic nor draw from it and Odin primarily managed to do that to Freya solely due to turning her mastery of magic, taught to him, against her.

And like, Kratos resists power nullification by the bucket loads anyway. But I guess he didn't know that.
I don't recall.

He only caught her off guard initially when he interrupted her attempted escape from Asgard, they had a short conversation after that where he even just says he's gonna curse her so she knew it was coming, null was just too quick she couldn't counter

From what I understood, they never technically fought one-on-one. I thought it was more like Odin surprising her and taking advantage of her weaknesses so that she wouldn’t have the chance to fight back.

Didn't this already canonically happen? Odin power-nulled Freya right off the gate.
I'm not sure that's entirely usable. From what I remember Odin caught Freya off-guard with her own Seiðr magics (or whatever magic she herself had taught him) before she could even utter a word/raise a hand to defend herself. I do believe that Odin wins but this particular instance isn't all that usable.

Odin claps or did we forget it took Freya with the help of Kratos who is >= to her and Atreus at his full power who is on their level to 3 v 1 Odin?

If Kratos and atreus in a 1v2 couldn't beat odin i doubt freya can, especially when odin has tje chance to power null in a 1v1

Odin wins this of course. But whether it's a viable match is being discussed.

Freya mentioned that a lot of the spells Odin had placed on her had faded or been broken by the time of Fimbulwinter, so I don’t believe he’d have as large of an advantage against her. Freya’s also pretty knowledgeable on Odin as well and would very likely be prepared for an encounter with him.

That doesn't mean that Odin's magic doesn't work on her anymore, it's just that the persistent effect of said curses was weakened by an outside force. And even then, she needed help to break most of said curses.

Ok, I’ve altered the details of the match to make it more fair. The battle now takes place in Vanaheim, so Freya has the home field advantage. I’ve given her a day of prep time as well. I think that should make this more interesting and less of a stomp in Odin’s favor.

Last edited:
Honestly I don't see how it changes the end result. Odin still knows curses Freya doesn't. Hell, he could even use Vanaheim to his advantage on that front.

Honestly I don't see how it changes the end result. Odin still knows curses Freya doesn't. Hell, he could even use Vanaheim to his advantage on that front.
I mean, Freya knows magic and curses Odin doesn't, either. She was able to craft a spell that Odin himself couldn't replicate with Baldur's curse. Atreus said that Freya's magic was superior to Odin's, and Freya knows a lot about Odin's magic as well. I feel like you guys are downplaying Freya significantly.

How many of these spells that only Freya knows are of the offensive type? How many can she rely on to aid her against Odin's more populated arsenal? How much were they going to help given that Odin knew practically all of Freya's weaknesses?

Plus, we're already shown in the game that a one-on-one was out of the question, that it'd require the combined might of both Kratos and Freya to finish the job.

In terms of general versatility and IQ Freya has a lead, but it seems like Odin has an edge in combat-applicable versatility (cuz of course that asshole does)
Plus Freya's quite a bit lower on the scaling chain compared to Odin as far as raw power goes. She was bloodlusted and still only stalemated Kratos and Atreus while they were holding back significantly. Whereas Odin was able to go toe-to-toe against a serious Kratos and Atreus and a bloodlusted Freya, though ultimately lost ofc tbf.
She'd go absolutely Sicko Mode on him like never before and give him a pretty vicious fight, but I still sadly gotta cast a vote for Odin, mid-high diff

Back