• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ragnarok Discussion Thread

image.png
image-13.png
image.png

Lately there are a lot of downgrades about God Of War, i don't understand conceptual manipulation, otherwise i would argue against it myself.

Lately there are a lot of downgrades about God Of War, i don't understand conceptual manipulation, otherwise i would argue against it myself.
Sometimes it's better to not get involved with topics that you hold no knowledge and just passively watch to see what happens.

If CM1 remains then that's cool, but if it gets removed? Ah well, it's something that remains removed or can be put back with new evidence and restructured arguments.

Sometimes it's better to not get involved with topics that you hold no knowledge and just passively watch to see what happens.

If CM1 remains then that's cool, but if it gets removed? Ah well, it's something that remains removed or can be put back with new evidence and restructured arguments.
It's just that I'm used to years of God Of War conceptual manipulation, it was the first work that showed me what a concept is

What's interesting about that scan is how Zeus's death let "Chaos" out into the world. The Greek lands were already ruined so I assume it means something else. Any thoughts?

Looks like the board game might be some solid secondary canon then. The scenarios themselves probably can't be used but the lore cards should be of good use since they're static information.

Yeah i agree. Also be nice, be forgiving, but don't be a pushover.

What's interesting about that scan is how Zeus's death let "Chaos" out into the world. The Greek lands were already ruined so I assume it means something else. Any thoughts?
Yeah because Zeus is order it self (well new order of world). I always think when they say "olympus" it actually mean order of the world, like zeus say in gow 3 prolog his mountain emerge from chaos. And when athena say zeus is olympus in gow 2 ending, she mean zeus is order

It clear in the gow 3 trailer. Zeus literally say he brought order to the land (greek)

Yeah because Zeus is order it self (well new order of world). I always think when they say "olympus" it actually mean order of the world, like zeus say in gow 3 prolog his mountain emerge from chaos. And when athena say zeus is olympus in gow 2 ending, she mean zeus is order

It clear in the gow 3 trailer. Zeus literally say he brought order to the land (greek)

Are there quotes about the sizes of the places where the Gods are in this board game?

So basically Greece is stronger because the pinnacle of that pantheon can be summed up as being the power of emotions? Kratos should've embraced the Power of Threapy instead of Hope

With all the news surrounding SMS and them needing people for a big game they're working on, if it turns out to be a new God of War game then what are you guys hoping will be the pantheon of choice in that game? The popular choice atm is Egypt, but I'd honestly be down to see how SMS would handle Japanese mythology given Shintoism isn't as well known as the other mythologies in the world.

So basically Greece is stronger because the pinnacle of that pantheon can be summed up as being the power of emotions? Kratos should've embraced the Power of Threapy instead of Hope

With all the news surrounding SMS and them needing people for a big game they're working on, if it turns out to be a new God of War game then what are you guys hoping will be the pantheon of choice in that game? The popular choice atm is Egypt, but I'd honestly be down to see how SMS would handle Japanese mythology given Shintoism isn't as well known as the other mythologies in the world.
I think the problem with Shintoism they need to draw a line between Shintoism and Buddhism since those myth are intertwined with each other. Unless SMS want to include Buddhism too

Where is this scan?

Back