• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ascended Athena Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway...

Agree: 31 to 32? - KLOL506, LuffyRuffy46307, Gasper, Marvel_Champion_07, RaveeCPN, Zaratthustra, Quantu, Quintessence_PE, Robo, Georredannea15, Rikimarox2, omegabronic, Hasty12345, Malekith, Zamasu Chan, Roirr, Emirp sumitpo, LordTracer, Planck69 (OP has one vote for himself and no more), Eseseso, Akagami_Shanks1, ThanatosX, TheGod, GilverTheProtoAngelo, Larssx, RoTr35, Ped2018, Diamentus, LordGriffin1000, Theglassman12, Reiner, PrinceofPein (Possibly Low 1-C)

Disagree: 4 - Celestial_Pegasus, ImmortalDread, TheGreatJedi13, Sniper670

Neutral: 1 - DarkDragonMedeus

Lemme know if I missed anyone else. If I did, please link down where you agreed or disagreed.
LordGriffin seems to agree bro

I don't dabble in Tier 1 so take my thoughts as you will.

But I agree with the OP currently. We know that she outright attains a higher esistance than the 4-D characters/realms, and going off what the interviews said about how their is so much power their and the whole power and absolute control make it lean towards she not only gained a higher esistance but also a higher power in my honest opinion. These statements are also fine to use as it's just adding on to what we were given in verse.

However, as I mentioned. I don't dabble in Tier 1, reality transcendence or superiority stuff. I'm trying to learn though, just need to make time.
Here

Athena (or at least her Ascended state) should be upgraded to Low Complex Multiverse level.

Because of her sacrifice to save Zeus, she had ascended to a higher level of existence and gained higher power, having ascended to a higher plane than everyone else in all the pantheons and belief systems.

Cory Barlog has made clear that Athena ascended to a "higher plane" because she committed a selfless act (sacrificing herself to save Zeus). None of the other gods did anything to benefit anyone other than themselves. The message Cory is giving to fans is essentially that too much power will always have a negative effect on people, hence why Athena experiences a power greater than anyone else and look down on them. That doesn't have to do with Athena having a higher dimensionality, or having a power/existence that is an infinity degree above the greek gods. Athena's superiority comes from the fact that she did a selfless act and is now unbounded by the lower plane of existence (the material), because she ascended to a ethereal form.

And that superiority does not include the Norse Pantheon. In the same interview, Cory made clear that Athena's power is above anyone on the Greek Pantheon by using as a reference the selfishness of the greek gods, like how because of that Kratos became worse than Ares. Cory says that other gods like Freya and Athena are not of that kind, meaning he's talking about only the Greek Pantheon in the case of Athena, as other pantheons can have gods that are selfless, with Freya being one of them. That's the very reason why Norse Kratos fears Atreus turning out like him, in that context.

Also, the game itself contradicts the idea of "higher dimensionality", or anything like that. We see that the Blades of Exile were created by Ethereal Athena's power, which is "Low 1-C" according to the OP. Yet, the same blades cannot one-shot the greek gods, which are rated here as 2-C beings, and other weapons like the Nemean Cestus or the Blade of Olympus are more powerful than it. Speaking of that, the Blade of Olympus is capable of contain/affect the Power of Hope (despite being a weapon created to end the great war, whose beings Athena supposedly "transcend"). Kratos literally uses the BoO to liberate the power of hope through the greek world by stabbing himself.

For the "self-contained multiverses" part, the blog linked by the OP doesn't address that. Cory Barlog himself said that the other pantheons are universes according to the belief system of the beings in said pantheons, but the greater, actual universe has yet to be explored.

Disagree with the OP.

Cory Barlog has made clear that Athena ascended to a "higher plane" because she committed a selfless act (sacrificing herself to save Zeus). None of the other gods did anything to benefit anyone other than themselves. The message Cory is giving to fans is essentially that too much power will always have a negative effect on people, hence why Athena experiences a power greater than anyone else and look down on them. That doesn't have to do with Athena having a higher dimensionality, or having a power/existence that is an infinity degree above the greek gods. Athena's superiority comes from the fact that she did a selfless act and is now unbounded by the lower plane of existence (the material), because she ascended to a ethereal form.
Athena's 5-D came from supported Cory's statements from the interview. I'm too lazy to write more. That's why I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at the previous statements and quotes.
Your comment alone shows that you are unfamiliar with the verse and higher dimensional plane of existence. Also, not to mention the fact that Athena goes to Egyptian mythology in the comics... In short, your assertion that Athena's transcendence was only for the Greek world is refuted by this argument.
Also, the game itself contradicts the idea of "higher dimensionality", or anything like that. We see that the Blades of Exile were created by Ethereal Athena's power, which is "Low 1-C" according to the OP. Yet, the same blades cannot one-shot the greek gods, which are rated here as 2-C beings, and other weapons like the Nemean Cestus or the Blade of Olympus are more powerful than it. Speaking of that, the Blade of Olympus is capable of contain/affect the Power of Hope (despite being a weapon created to end the great war, whose beings Athena supposedly "transcend"). Kratos literally uses the BoO to liberate the power of hope through the greek world by stabbing himself.

For the "self-contained multiverses" part, the blog linked by the OP doesn't address that. Cory Barlog himself said that the other pantheons are universes according to the belief system of the beings in said pantheons, but the greater, actual universe has yet to be explored.

Disagree with the OP.
That's not the case here. BoC and Blade of Olympus are absorbed by whoever wields them. Also, BoE still cannot interact with Athena even after being empowered by Athena. The problem is not only this. While pre-hope Kratos cannot hit Athena with Blade of Olympuss, he can easily damage with Blade of Olmypuss when he open the PoH. This is because the sword gets stronger relative to the wearer.

Last edited:
Athena's 5-D came from supported Cory's statements from the interview. I'm too lazy to write more. That's why I'd appreciate it if you could take a look at the previous statements and quotes.

What statements, exactly?

Your comment alone shows that you are unfamiliar with the verse and higher dimensional plane of existence. Also, not to mention the fact that Athena goes to Egyptian mythology in the comics... In short, your assertion that Athena's transcendence was only for the Greek world is refuted by this argument.

That's a Straw Man. I said that Athena's transcendence didn't include the Norse Pantheon. I never said that it was only for the Greek World. But since you mentioned it, how Athena going to the Egyptian mythology proves that she transcends them too?

That's not the case here. BoC and Blade of Olympus are absorbed by whoever wields them. Also, BoE still cannot interact with Athena even after being empowered by Athena. The problem is not only this. While pre-hope Kratos cannot hit Athena with Blade of Olympuss, he can easily damage with Blade of Olmypuss wwhen he open the PoH. This is because the sword gets stronger relative to the wearer.

That doesn't address the part where I said that it still couldn't one-shot the greek gods that Athena is supposedly higher dimensionally,

What statements, exactly?

That's a Straw Man. I said that Athena's transcendence didn't include the Norse Pantheon. I never said that it was only for the Greek World. But since you mentioned it, how Athena going to the Egyptian mythology proves that she transcends them too?

That doesn't address the part where I said that it still couldn't one-shot the greek gods that Athena is supposedly higher dimensionally,
The interview and other scans put on the OP will answer your questions. Here Cory explains the principles of her higher dimensional plane of existence.(With her powers)

This is hilariously put, wrong, because this is not where it stops and has already been discussed before in the prior CRT so there's no point in going through with this. Like seriously, did you really ignore the "higher power that corrupted her" part that came as a result of achieving this higher existence?

None of this implies anything against Athena's nature.

That and all the pantheons are of the same level of existence and power level so IDK what to tell you.

Also, the game itself contradicts the idea of "higher dimensionality", or anything like that. We see that the Blades of Exile were created by Ethereal Athena's power, which is "Low 1-C" according to the OP.
No. Nowhere in the OP does it propose that. You're just grasping at straws. I honestly have no clue how you came to that conclusion.

Yet, the same blades cannot one-shot the greek gods, which are rated here as 2-C beings, and other weapons like the Nemean Cestus or the Blade of Olympus are more powerful than it. Speaking of that, the Blade of Olympus is capable of contain/affect the Power of Hope (despite being a weapon created to end the great war, whose beings Athena supposedly "transcend"). Kratos literally uses the BoO to liberate the power of hope through the greek world by stabbing himself.
By channeling the power of Hope through it. He's amping the weapon to his power level. You are terribly misinformed on how the weapons work in GoW. Please read the GoW Magic Page. We will update all the relevant pages to reflect the CRT if it goes through.

Good to know you didn't even bother reading the Explanation Page that OP linked.

I cannot in good conscience take your comment as anything legitimate.

Last edited:
The fact that she is still in that form?

How exactly did you come to the conclusion that she upped the Blades of Exile to Low 1-C? Like seriously?

Both of those were already addressed in my comment, were I explain the actual context of Cory's words, and not just looking to key words like "higher plane" without seeing the context.

Also, this 5-D existence was already accepted in this revision. I don't know why we're discussing 5-D existence, which has been discussed and accepted before on this subject.

Because the creator of the CRT you linked is the same one of this thread. I'm addressing my points on why I disagree.

This is hilariously put, wrong and has already been discussed before.

That is not an actual argument. If my exact points were "already been discussed before", them name them here. It's not hard.

None of this implies anything for Athena's nature.

How it doesn't? See below:

Athena's "higher existence" doesn't go to the Norse Myth, since there are other selfless gods in other pantheons.

No. Nowhere in the OP does it propose that. You're just grasping at straws.

The OP literally proposes Low 1-C power for Athena. I'm not saying that it proposes for the Blades of Exile, you simply misinterpreted. I put the word "power" in bold in my comment to clarify that.

By channeling the power of Hope through it. You are terribly misinformed on how the weapons work in GoW.

Which again can't one-shot the greek gods, a point that you didn't addressed.

Good to know you didn't even bother reading the Explanation Page that OP linked.

I have read it, and there are no "multiverses" like people are claiming. You also didn't addressed Cory's quote from Twitter that debunks said idea.

The fact that she is still in that form?

How exactly that proves she also "transcends" the Egyptian mythology? She still being in her ethereal form has 0 to do with her transcending beings from other pantheons.

How exactly did you come to the conclusion that she upped the Blades of Exile to Low 1-C? Like seriously?

That was never my point. I used the scene to discard her 5D AP with the fact that the Blades of Exile were created by her power, yet it can't one-shot the greek gods. Unless you are insinuating that she "upgraded the blades but not with her 5D power", which is a baseless claim.

Both of those were already addressed in my comment, were I explain the actual context of Cory's words, and not just looking to key words like "higher plane" without seeing the context.
And I just told you you were wrong, how he literally goes and says that via her ascendance she became higher than everbody else.

Because the creator of the CRT you linked is the same one of this thread. I'm addressing my points on why I disagree.
And surprise surprise, they aren't good enough.

That is not an actual argument. If my exact points were "already been discussed before", them name them here. It's not hard.
I edited my comment to reflect that.

Already seen it but the parts about Athena's existence and higher power have already been hashed out prior to this that aren't in contradiction with whatever comes next.

Athena's "higher existence" doesn't go to the Norse Myth, since there are other selfless gods in other pantheons.
Name one then, because Athena is explicitly stated to be the first god to become selfless and Cory isn't distinguishing here. You're making up headcanon as you go.

The OP literally proposes Low 1-C power for Athena. I'm not saying that it proposes for the Blades of Exile, you simply misinterpreted. I put the word "power" in bold in my comment to clarify that.
You literally said this:

Also, the game itself contradicts the idea of "higher dimensionality", or anything like that. We see that the Blades of Exile were created by Ethereal Athena's power, which is "Low 1-C" according to the OP.
This is not how any of this works m8. AT ALL. Just because she reforged the Blades doesn't mean they're Low 1-C unless there's confirmation she actually amped them to her level.

Which again can't one-shot the greek gods, a point that you didn't addressed.
LMFAO what? Did you seriously read the Fear Zeus arguments and then came to the conclusion that this shit applies to all the Gods in tandem?

There's literally no interaction with PoH and the other gods to begin with and the only reason Kratos doesn't one-shot the other gods in the beginning despite being clearly strong enough to do so (Since he held his own against GoW2 Zeus who actually had the power to one shot both his brothers at the same place with a single stray bolt of lightning as per the novel) is because then you'd literally have no game to play at all. Like do people forget that games need QTEs and boss fights to make them fun?

I have read it, and there are no "multiverses" like people are claiming. You also didn't addressed Cory's quote from Twitter that debunks said idea.
Nothing debunks anything here, please read the explanation page again.

Each Pantheon is its own mini-Multiverse with its own number of separate space-time continuums, Greece having 5, Norse having 9, and so on and so forth for other Pantheons. Literally explained in the Explanation Page where it goes in-depth with Cory's tweet.

How exactly that proves she also "transcends" the Egyptian mythology? She still being in her ethereal form has 0 to do with her transcending beings from other pantheons.
That's literally her selfless form bud. IDK what to tell you at this point.

That was never my point. I used the scene to discard her 5D AP with the fact that the Blades of Exile were created by her power, yet it can't one-shot the greek gods.
Because she didn't amp them to her level. Where the **** did you even come up with this?

Unless you are insinuating that she "upgraded the blades but not with her 5D power", which is a baseless claim.
She only repaired the Blades, she didn't infuse any of her power into them because there's literally nothing stating otherwise. And they still can't interact with her up until Kratos gains Hope.

Like bro, what the **** are you even arguing for? Half your arguments get shot down by the Explanation Pages and common sense and you're not even remotely trying to keep that shit coherent.

Last edited:
What you explained was not the "actual" context. Cory clearly states that there is more power in that higher realm. This is not a metaphor or anything like that.

He talks about Freya being like her. Not that she's directly like her. Which means Freya is not an ascended one. Also, as KLOL said, what you are presenting has nothing to do with Athena's nature.
Athena's blade empowerment does not directly scale it to L1-C. Because we don't know how much this empowerment is. There is litteraly no basis to directly accept it as L1-C.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back