• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

God of War: Ascended Athena Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gasper Ya did it wrong. You could've just posted this from OP:

I say all pantheons because the interview where Cory Barlog confirms her power being superior to everyone else doesn't make any distinctions between pantheons (not to mention the interview is after 2018 was released and confirmed all the other myths). Not to mention the fact that all the pantheons exist within the same level of existence so to speak and can be travelled between all the same for those who have the proper methods.

Said pantheons are in of themselves, self-contained multiverses with space-time continuums as well as entities who're in and of themselves 4-dimensional and on the scale of whole realities, such as Ymir, whom Athena would also be beyond. There are of course a vast number of such space-times as everything from mythological belief systems (including even Judeo-Christianity), to Arthurian legend exists in the setting and would exist as its own reality.

Also, minor tangent but the comparison made by Cory is actually quite fitting in that the gods, whose scale of power is on the level of entire space-time continuums would be corrupted by it and Athena, a normally selfless being, would be in turn corrupted by having the same superiority to the gods and pantheons as they do humans.
The Explanation page handles the Bifrost and the Yggdrasil pretty damn well for it to not be repeated over and over again.

Well if the OP argument is that she transcends Yggdrasil, since the yggdrasil is qualified to be a low 1-C structure, and that is enough for her own low 1-C too (now whether that will be 5D or 6D, is another argument entirely).
The other three points I mentioned are honestly not enough like Dread said.

Well if the OP argument is that she transcends Yggdrasil, since the yggdrasil is qualified to be a low 1-C structure, and that is enough for her own low 1-C too (now whether that will be 5D or 6D, is another argument entirely).
Yggdrasil ain't low 1-C.

Yggdrasil ain't low 1-C.
Then athena cannot be since I see no proof of qualitative difference here
Things like transcends, more powerful are actually not enough, without further context which I am not really seeing here.

Alos if your explanation on what yddgrasil is correct, make them low 1-C already

@PrinceofPein Let me explain simply. Athena's existence ascends to a higher dimensional plane of existence that the Greek world and the 4D beings within it cannot reach and perceive in terms of power, knowledge, existence and mind.

Second, Cory Barlog supports this in an interview. The power level evolve "like she's existence" to the Higher dimensional plane of existence that no being in the Greek world can reach and perceive. (Even Pre-Hope Kratos, who feels 4-D and easily impresses her, can't touch Athena), and Athena's appearance is deceptive according to her powers. (Also Cory said, Athena transcends to all of beings in the greek world and greek world itself)

The third she even transcends Yggdrasil, which transcends Space-time completely and sees them as a small part of it.

Not only that, but higher existence and Athena, according to the other Pantheons, have evolved to a point that they could never reach, both in power, mind in physicality and in existence. And that's where Athena's power came from.

Ygdrassil is not L1-C. And it doesn't need to be. Athena is above all of creation (including other pantheons), She ascends to a dimension that they can never reach, define, see or touch. And when Cory talks about this in interviews, his explanation fits what qualitative superiority is. And Athena's power comes from that ascended dimension

And among the beings who will not be able to reach Athena are beings with 4D existence, such as Primordials.

Yggdrasil ain't Low 1-C (2).

The other three points are missing context. The last point is just supporting evidence but unlikely to be needed in the grand scheme of things.

1. She is explicitly stated to have ascended to a higher level of existence. Not just a plane, but her very being itself transformed into that "selfless" being as well. This made her existential level superior to literally everything else in the verse, Pantheons included plus their HDE shenanigans, like the 4D Primordials, HDE Light of Alfheim, HDE Yggdrasil, so on and so forth.

2. As a result of ascending to that higher level of existence, she was granted a higher level of power as well which corrupted her.

Since you all said the same thing, I will make this comment generally.
1. Why is yddgrasil not low 1-C? That is text book low 1-C
2. If we will not give people low 2-C for transcending 5-B and having having higher level of power to them, we give them "possibly" at most since it can be that they transcend the 5-B that way and it can be that they are not really HDE by our standards since we do not have enough info.
That should be the case here, with a little more context this is straight up low 1-C, but since it is shaky, this should be "possibly" since it does fit the criteria but there are different interpretations that will not amount to low 1-C based on thr standards here.

It got nuked.

2. If we will not give people low 2-C for transcending 5-B and having having higher level of power to them, we give them "possibly" at most since it can be that they transcend the 5-B that way and it can be that they are not really HDE by our standards since we do not have enough info.
That should be the case here, with a little more context this is straight up low 1-C, but since it is shaky, this should be "possibly" since it does fit the criteria but there are different interpretations that will not amount to low 1-C based on thr standards here.
Hmmmmmmmmm. I will consult Planck and Glassman regarding this. Should I pitch you as a "Agree with a Possibly rating?"

I and alot of others already tried to make yggdrasil low 1-C, people disagreed. Also, your right, it should be, but whatever.

At this point, you should understand there are counter arguments that people side with

Weren't you the same person who happily agreed with Iamunanimousinthat in the Arceus hax upgrade crt?

So yes, respect others opinions
Relevance?

The problem is that Athena has the full power of the 5-D plane she has reached and is at a level to act on it, as Cory Barlog puts it. Also in the supports for the game, it is mentioned that 4-D beings can't reach Athena in terms of thought and power. Like her being

This is basically enough for a directly Low 1-C, but if you still insist on rating it "possibly" I won't hold the discuss too long for the health of the revision.

Btw, look at the Athena you see in the game and don't be prejudiced about her power and existence, even in the game Athena says her appearance is deceiving.

Last edited:
Yeah, as per what Ant told us quite a while back, Ultima and DT told it to him. Plus Ultima is too busy dealing with Ant in the Marvel threads and Ultima is none too happy about the entire situation at hand.
Busy you said. The thread is literally silent

I check in on the thread one more time before bed and this happens.

@Sniper670 I could care less if you think Kratos is 10-C, just don't be caustic about the thread here.

@PrinceofPein I do not why Yggdrasil isn't Low 1-C. Ultima disagreed with it at some point and the thread went with that.

@Georredannea15 @RaveeCPN @Larssx @Gasper

Let's not derail this anymore than it has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back