• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gin Ichimaru MFTL tapping Riku, cause since when were you under the impression that there is a Mach 500 Anti-Feat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Li2-RmyYEDIFwvGmdhuKRND6zL-pncMdMMMqqXDRgSTVO-8L9bV6my_-5ZhgzoBDbs-E5v55.jpg

gm9bnVya4GedmMH4Enpqr2yIOJhlcOcJCCkRbC8buyG6-6kIrtFlq90r5vjRZiD2vohbPv6q.jpg

Quincy arrows are narratively and in manga reliable source Kisuke stated to be light

It has light properties too can reflect like a normal light
It even moves faster than light can strike. Kubo literally goes his way out and shows it moving in FTL speed.

Pre SS Ichigo can easily react to those arrows

Well people are just fixed to bleach characters are being human level speed. I can understand that 😮‍💨.

Pre SS Ichigo can easily react to those arrows

This is where this arguments falls apart unless you're seriously arguing that pre-Soul Society Ichigo (and subsequently every other character) has lightspeed or higher reaction speeds, and lightspeed combat speed.

But this isn't a CRT for general light feats, this is just for the Gin Bankai it seems, so let us stay on topic.

This is where this arguments falls apart unless you're seriously arguing that pre-Soul Society Ichigo (and subsequently every other character) has lightspeed or higher reaction speeds, and lightspeed combat speed.

But this isn't a CRT for general light feats, this is just for the Gin Bankai it seems, so let us stay on topic.
First of all I never claimed he is FTL pre SS arc. I was showing consistency.

1. RENJi casually dodges Uryu arrow
  2. Uryu Shadow blizt in SS arc
  3. Mayuri vs Uryu. Lmao the whole fight was with Quincy arrows
  4. Fatigued Hisagi dodges negation
  5. Nanao in war Arc (who is weakest lieutenant, stated to be never trained once ) dodges multiple light beams from Lille.
  6. AARRONiERO dodges sun light in Las noches. I know here that is not accepted even though multiple times it's been stated as sunlight in manga.
  7. Ulqiorra was casually brushed off Uryu arrows
Well we have more consistency than Gin lie.

Majority of those feats have their own flaws, and the consistency as a whole really falls apart once you dive into the scaling for these characters and these "lightspeed" feats.

But this is getting off-topic so I'll stop now.

what's exactly the issue with that? Just because you don't believe the characters scale that high it doesn't mean those characters don't scale that high

Things is that it exclusively depends on the speed of Gin bankai, prior feats are good but since they're not that precise still fall apart with kamishini no yari

And besides rather than FTL substitute shinigami arc Bleach because of cool bur still vague feats, assuming Gin is referring to his clap speed and not the sound of it, it'd be still better scaling it from more contained speed feats such as bankai Ichigo Mach 106 in Soul society arc or something

what's exactly the issue with that? Just because you don't believe the characters scale that high it doesn't mean those characters don't scale that high

Never said it did, but this is getting off-topic guys.

And besides rather than FTL substitute shinigami arc Bleach because of cool bur still vague feats, assuming Gin is referring to his clap speed and not the sound of it, it'd be still better scaling it from more contained speed feats such as bankai Ichigo Mach 106 in Soul society arc or something

I don't see a good reason for Gin to just be referring to his clap speed, which an unknown speed variable anyway.

Mach 500 seems far more reliable.

So far the conclusion is that the French databook says "going at the speed of light" I am not wrong on this. But Arc said that the Japanese databook does not say that. So the fault of the tradition lies in the official French tradition. Now Arc is left to verify Gin's 500x clapping and the scans where Gin supposedly says "you heard that" in English. Although if the databook says it's his hand and not the clap the "you heard that" comment still doesn't mean it's the sound. It could be that Gin was getting Ichigo's attention on this part. These two things remain to be verified.

I mean, what he says is "届いた" which according to this dictionary means
to reach; to touch; to get to; to carry (of sound)
彼女のこえ声はそうおん騒音でよくとど届かなかった。
Her voice did not carry well over the noise.
Though there's literally no reason to try and be this weird about it when contextually he is clearly referring to the sound of him clapping.

Like to imply he's clapping his hands at the speed of light and then says "the blade is 500x that lightspeed clap Ichigo" is some Cartman tier mental gymnastics.

I mean, what he says is "届いた" which according to this dictionary means

Though there's literally no reason to try and be this weird about it when contextually he is clearly referring to the sound of him clapping.

Like to imply he's clapping his hands at the speed of light and then says "the blade is 500x that lightspeed clap Ichigo" is some Cartman tier mental gymnastics.
so is the databook incorrect?

"You can compare the speed at which "God killing" expands and contracts to the speed at which you can hit your own hands. The sword with an amazing expansion and contraction rate aims at Ichigo at a speed that surpasses the speed of sound."

The manga events are Gin saying "You hear that clap? My blade is 500 times faster".

The databook is not really relevant to what the manga said and is lower canon to it anyways.
how is the databook not relevant if it's literally explaining that very scene?

And you never answered my question. Is the databook incorrect or not?

We accept it to be Mach 500. All you people talking about “He said he was lying” had been handled in several threads

All you people talking about “He said he was lying” had been handled in several threads
Yeah I was about to say that. The explanation I gave was the one Imade and other like Arc had agreed on forever ago as explaining away the issues regarding the lie statement.

The feat is just Mach 500.

I don’t think y’all are understanding what Qawsedf is saying. The databook supports the fact that Gin was saying it’s 500x sound speed. They even broke down the kanji from the databook to show that it is referencing the sound.

Manga says that Gin was lying to Aizen about what his Bankai could do. We have no idea what lie he told Aizen.
I mean, he said he lied about how fast it extends and I can't see why he wouldn't tell Aizen and Ichigo the same thing...in the anime during that very moment it shows when he used it against Ichigo. Not saying he's not necessarily referring to the sound of clap but we there's an inconsistency since the reason we gave gin Mach 500 for good was from the databook statement

I can't see why he wouldn't tell Aizen and Ichigo the same thing
As Arc mentioned, Imade this and other went over this awhile ago to explain why the 500x sound figure was completely useable as a speed.

Gin's statement here is just not about him blade actually being 500x lightspeed. There's just nothing you can gain here from Gin. Its either a hole that leads to the statement being unusable or a one that leads to a dead end.

If @Arc7Kuroi has nothing further to add, this thread can be closed. It seems that the official translations are incorrect compared to the raw Japanese scans. That includes the reference to sound instead of Gin, and to the speed of light in the French translation. It's not our fault, that falls to those who were paid to do their job of translating the databooks and did a bad job instead.

A) Gin lied to Aizen not Ichigo
B) The databooks confirm that Gin’s Zanpakuto does travel 500x faster than sound when he extends it to its full 13 km

All of this was covered in IMade’s translation forever ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back