• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Revisions Part 1: Soul Society Arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Maybe the several other threads you e asked the same questions in?
I'm not going to go trawling through several past threads. If you have the link, then you can post it here, right?

Lol but you expect me to look through 3 novels for every single time lightning is mentioned because you're being unreasonable?

Just go to the Bleach subreddit or type in Miss Stormcaller into google.

Damage3245 said:
The other feats aren't supporting the Onmitsukidō themselves being lightning speed, but showing other characters reacting to lightning attacks.

Can somebody post the link to the full novel instead of snippets?
Yes, this is Tokinada fighting Onmtsukido

Yeah pretty sure lightning bleach isn't a hyperbole especially that it doesn't come from a character statment,the narrator himself states that they are moving at lightning speed

And using hyproble page,this is far away from being a hyperbole

"A general rule is that if a claim is made that is completely out of league of anything ever shown in said universe (for example, if someone claimed to be a planet buster in a verse where the strongest feats were city busting), it's most likely a hyperbole."

"For example, if someone in One Piece claimed that they could destroy an island, it's reasonable to consider it a possibility, since other people in the verse (ex. Whitebeard) have done comparable things (of course, it still has to be evaluated based on the feats and power-scaling of the actual character"

https://www.reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/9kzx8q/3rd_portion_of_cant_fear_your_own_world_ii_part/

It's right here.

"His own zanpakuto was confiscated years ago. He is now using a zanpakuto that only the Head of the Tsunayashiro clan may possess. The Four Great Noble Families have possessed inherited zanpakutos over the generations, like Muramasa, which could dominate other zanpakutos."

Soi Fon recalled Kyoraku's words while maintaining vigilance against Tokinada. Yoruichi, on the other handm who was treating the wounded, sighed.

"This is presenting a problem.. so many of our men dying..."

In response to that, Tokinada laughed, eliminating soldiers left and right.

"Plenty of Shinigami died in the war against the Quincies, these guys aren't that great in numbers."

"Hoh! So says the aristocrat who comfortably sat back and did not participate."

"Hahaha! Battlefields are so messy!"

Tokinada kept reflecting back the attacks of the assassins as he spoke. In other words, he was moving at lightning-speeds, keeping up with the swiftness that defined the Onmitsukido. Either that, or he was matching his movements and speed with those of his enemies. This was a testimony to his battle prowess. But he announced that he was still not up to the mark.

"And what's this I've been hearing? That the current Kenpachi did not even attend the Spiritual Arts Academy and has risen in ranks by merely stealing an asauchi from a dead Shinigami in the Rukongai?"

So we have two differently translated versions of it. Miss Stormcaller's version implies a very different interpretation of the scene than the reddit version.

They're the same thing, just slight difference since StormCaller adds more and the reddit translator gets straight to the point.

Point is captains > assassins. That's pretty much the entire point.

Aernasilver said:
Well, since the wiki accepts even a tiny drop of blood scaling to characters I guess base Uryu can scale then.
So Unknown, possibly 7-A Mayuri and Uryu?
simply drawing blood means u scale? is this a case by case basic kind of thing?

If you can damage them in any capacity that doesn't require taking advantage of a weakness or use of hax then you would scale. Of course there's case by case aspects to this, especially if it's a situation like what often happens in fiction where bladed weapons or lava is treated as way above their tier. If it takes a lot of effort for something like a single drop of blood, it might be worth listing it with an "at most" rating (especially if the one injured is low in the tier).

i was thinking more so kid gohan drawing blood from 2nd form frieza or ichigo wounding aizen when he was still leauges below him

Hmm. Since the translation is a bit sus, I guess we'll go with everyone scaling to MHS from the 4th seat fodder until the official translation comes out I guess. So Yoruichi's calc is nulled.

Is that fine with everyone?

Which I said is nulled since we have a translation conflict hence my suggestion is to scale them to the 4th seat Shinigami fodder.

Dude, look at who I quoted when I was talking about the aim dodging and reaction speed. None of this was directed at you, other than those last two comments.

Aernasilver said:
Which I said is nulled since we have a translation conflict hence my suggestion is to scale them to the 4th seat Shinigami fodder.
This should be fine then. An already accepted calc that isn't conflicting and with no issues.

Everything should be good to go then since that calc was already discussed and accepted.

Kenpachi Zaraki still has a + for his speed rating.

But aside from that everything else seems fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back