• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Revisions Part 1: Soul Society Arc

Status
Not open for further replies.
The proposals on the OP seem reasonable; though Damage has raised some other things. But I'm leaning towards looking at the stuff from the OP.

I also saw the thread got derailed by LordWhis, but I agree with IMade and Aerna that Yoruichi is only faster than those various captains and not stronger. But stay on topic.

The scaling chain in the OP and the suggested multipliers look good.

I don't see any disagreement, only issues that were resolved like Yoruichi, Toshiro and Mayuri. No problems now.

I think this is good to move forward with then.

Blahblah9755 said:
Sorry if I missed it, but did we ever get the list of lightning speed statements that were mentioned early on the thread?
I haven't seen it be posted. That is one of the things needed in order to judge whether the statement from the novel can be used to justify the speed ratings of most of these characters.

No, mayuri reiatsu is nothing special in the manga , just the standard "vibration/distortion" (chapter 121)

Only characters who are high 7a or higher have distortion.

Damage3245 said:
Blahblah9755 said:
Sorry if I missed it, but did we ever get the list of lightning speed statements that were mentioned early on the thread?
I haven't seen it be posted. That is one of the things needed in order to judge whether the statement from the novel can be used to justify the speed ratings of most of these characters.
I don't think that counts as a statement since it's a feat for Tokinada.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
What's wrong with the novel statemets?
Calling someone "lightning speed" is an incredibly common hyperbole, but we were told that the novel has a lot of other statements comparing other characters to lightning, and if it's something said consistently about the characters it's a lot less likely to be a hyperbole.

While laughing aloud, in the same fashion as before Tokinada had, with a swing of his sword, repelled a lightning strike unleashed by the enemy.

In other words, he either manoeuvred himself by reacting to the speed of the lightning, or anticipated the next move from the enemy's actions, this becomes a testament to the fact that Tokinada possessed battle prowess that cannot be underestimated indeed.

Whilst effortlessly handling the assassins, Tokinada brazenly made another assertion at a Yoruichi who had spun words of sarcasm.

In that same fight there is another quote of lightning and lightning-speed, to call it hyperbole is ridiculous.

^well I know you've heard this a lot but if he matches speed of lightning then that tells you a lot about the rel rating

"The barrage of assaults, that were hammered out with lightning speed momentum in a very literal sense, blanket the surroundings with a dazzling light.

That was close…! What the heck are those two doing! Do they not care that I'm also standing here!?

Having evaded the lightning strike by a hairbreadth, Hirako exclaimed aloud as a cold sweat trickled down his cheek."

He is reacting to lightning speed and as mentioned several times, he was joking and easily manipulating the killers.

@Sigurd I answered Astral about his claim which suggest that he has trouble against MHS+ attack, Lightning can varies from MHS to Rela.

> Having evaded the lightning strike by a hairbreadth, Hirako exclaimed aloud as a cold sweat trickled down his cheek."

Narrowly dodging something doesn't mean you are as fast as the thing itself.

We'd need to know how far the lightning travelled in relation to how far he travelled.

> In other words, he either manoeuvred himself by reacting to the speed of the lightning, or anticipated the next move from the enemy's actions, this becomes a testament to the fact that Tokinada possessed battle prowess that cannot be underestimated indeed.

Likewise this statement supports MHS+ reactions with possibly aim-dodging at work depending on how you look at his "anticipating the next move" line.

Shinji scales to Rel, and Tokinada scales to Rel right now. Not sure where you're going with this at all.

Please tell me you're not suggesting Tokinada is MHS based off him effortlessly slaying the assassins.

"Whilst effortlessly handling the assassins"

Haven't we just gathered that the Assassins are Lightning speed?

Damage3245 said:
> In other words, he either manoeuvred himself by reacting to the speed of the lightning, or anticipated the next move from the enemy's actions, this becomes a testament to the fact that Tokinada possessed battle prowess that cannot be underestimated indeed.

Likewise this statement supports MHS+ reactions with possibly aim-dodging at work depending on how you look at his "anticipating the next move" line.
Are you literally ignoring the fact that it is said that he did it EASILY, besides he is HANDLING the killers who were at this speed? Tokinada was literally laughing and playing with them the whole time.

The argument was "These characters are actually lightning speed because there's a bunch of other lightning speed feats in the novel to support it", and the quotes that are being given as examples of that don't actually indicate MHS+ speed from what I've read so far, only MHS+ reactions at best.

That was the argument because that's what you asked for...

"If there are many of them, could you list them, or provide links to where they can be found?" You asked for more Lightning speed statements in the novel and that's what was given.

No the argument was you thought it was hyperbole, we've provided statements that lightning Speed is literal here. Thus the assassins are MHS.

Now you're going on about MHS Tokinade lol, which I'm sure no one will entertain.

Purgy said:
"If there are many of them, could you list them, or provide links to where they can be found?" You asked for more Lightning speed statements in the novel and that's what was given.
The other feats aren't supporting the Onmitsukidō themselves being lightning speed, but showing other characters reacting to lightning attacks.

Can somebody post the link to the full novel instead of snippets?

Damage3245 said:
Purgy said:
The other feats aren't supporting the Onmitsukidō themselves being lightning speed, but showing other characters reacting to lightning attacks.
Can somebody post the link to the full novel instead of snippets?
The point of showing more Lightning speed statements in the novel was to help prove that it's unlikely they're hyperboles if they're used half a dozen times. I thought that was why you asked for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back