• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm uncertain if I should count that.

I should at least wait For Azzy to elaborate.

I find it weird that GEOM has no resistance to BFR, but I would see GEOM opening with erase due to precog letting him know that Bolas is something that would really need to be erased. Not sure how bolas opens, you should equalize speed since Bolas's is unknown and even then its unlikely his 4A is MFTL.

Emprah does have Warp Portals that he can use to bring him back from BFR, but iirc Bolas can stop him from coming back.

I still think he pulls the erase off faster.

rip me

If Bolas leads with BFR then inconclusive for same reasons as last time, but I don't remember if he has precog or if his mind stuff is fast enough for him to know to use that, unless there's evidence to the contrary than I'd say GEOM since leading with 1B EE against someone this strong is totally in character.

Actually, what are the exact mechanics of GEOM's precog? If it works off of mindreading on target I'm not entirely sure if that would work on Bolas due to apparently having better mindhax than Emrakul, but if it doesn't work that way it should be fine.

No, but how does it work? If it works by kinda light mindhax on opponent I'm not sure if that would work out so well, but if it works like Eldrads but better where he just kinda knows it should let him know to start off with the high 1B equivalent of an alpha strike.

... That's where my knowledge ends.

I'll message the great Azzy.

If for the record, Bolas loses this.

Mark my words, I will be back and take that golden man off his undefeated throne and mark a blemish on his perfect record ovo.

(After I start reading the magic books/canon, that is)

[URL='https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/3/36/Rly.png/revision/latest?cb=20180418024613'][IMG alt="Rly said:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/3/36/Rly.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20180418024613[/IMG][/URL]
Phoenix821"]
The Emperor has lost before
It aint on his profile, that is all that matters

Phoenix821 said:
The Emperor has lost before
Gotten stomped by Hades is the closest we've come to that.

I don't even know if the reasons on the thread are valid in reality.

Didn't Bolas stalemate GEoM before because it was a coin flip as to who one-shot first? That was before my time here so I've only heard tell.

Tbh, I agree with DMUA

And this was before like...four revisions for warhammer.

It went from 1-C to 1-B to High 1-B and now we are looking at 1-A...

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Didn't Bolas stalemate GEoM before because it was a coin flip as to who one-shot first? That was before my time here so I've only heard tell.
Yeah.

But times have changed, according to Azzy.

I think when the other thread was done, GEoM and the Primarchs didn't have as many resistances as they do now nor could they attack on every single level of existence. I also don't think the GEoM had sealing either.

I have an idea of how this will go but I'll wait for Azzy before giving my thoughts.

I remember the thread that I posted on was ruled inconclusive due to the fact that it seems like a quickdraw contest. If there have been any recent changes to the 40k power level then I am unaware so I guess we will have to wait for the resident expert to make his grand entrance.

Guys, we previusly established in other threads that even Lavos wouldn't be fast enough to BFR neither the Eamprah nor Yvraine

SOmeone please explain me if Bolas can do better.

BFR? The Emperor can escape from being BFRed through several powers. Sufficiently powerful psykers in general can travel between different realities, and the Emperor is leagues upon leagues beyond them.

Nicol can also "lolnope" most powers. In fact, he can nullify nullificative powers.

EDIT: Not debating for now. I'll need to analyse this further to reach any conclusion.

Nicol has quite good precog since he correctly predicted the Gatewatch but I don't remember a specific instance where a post mending Nicol did some predictions.

He was able to absorb the conflux, though that may just be being good at regular plans, don't remember conflux too well. If he doesn't immediately use what he needs to he's done, since GEOM will.

I'd wait for an expert to give an opinion on this.

That said, I'd wager this depends entirely on whose precog is better.

I mean, Ugin arranged for his resurrection to happen 10K or so years down the line, and Bolas should be comparable to Ugin, but that's not 100% definite for Bolas.

Ugin's was probably both, since he was mostly dead during then and weaker characters than him can precog, but he isn't Bolas so idk if that should count.

It was likely a contingency plan.

In one of the Rivals of Ixalan stories Ugin/Azor seemingly had no clue how the battle would play out.

So, I'd wait for someone much more knowledgeable on Bolas to give a solid feat.

Okay, I'm going with the Emperor.

While there's a lot of canceling out between Empy and Bolas, the Emperor has some really nasty tricks. His EE is straight up ridiculous, he can attack on every level of existence, and can seal beings like Drach'nyen.

Then there's the fact that the Emperor is already resistant to Magic in general plus being resistance to a large number of Bolas' arsenal.

Finally, the Emperor's precog is unbelieveable as he beats out Ahzek Ahriman, Magnus the Red and Eldrad Ulthran, each of whom are ridiculously powerful seers to the point of probably being the most powerful in current 40k. While Bolas has precog, I don't think that it's on the level of the Emperor's.

I just feel that the Emperor's offensive options can really deal with Bolas, his defenses make it much harder for him to be harmed in return and his precog will have him staying many steps ahead of Bolas in both the long and short term.

Bolas can erase on the same level from what I'm aware of, and his resistances are also comparable, if not superior when you factor in an almost passive countermagic.

That put, the argument for precog is compelling, almost enough for me to side with Emporer. I really think they can both one-shot each other on a whim, so really, it's down to precog.

Back