• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magic: The Gathering | Tier 1 Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok remind me again, a Timestream contains a multiverse and there are infinite of them branching out right?

What tier is a multiverse?
Ye, basically theres an infinite number of planes in a multiverse, with the Blind Eternities being the force between planes within said multiverse, a single Timestream contains an infinite number of multiverses, and there are an infinite number of Timestreams, which are then encompassed within the wings of the Ur-Dragon

I have to agree with Strym that the WoG is unusable if it's literally lost media, you can't actually source it.

It holds no bearing at all if it does not exist anymore.

Just accept that 10D is the peak of this verse and move on.

Alright...

I'd male a final section called "Summary and Conclusion" where you make a summary of everything, explaining in short why X is this tiering and making an overall of all the cosmology.

• Powestones (Contain unreachable infinite spaces, and can contain their own dimensional realities. So far it has been shown that seven dimensions exist at the very least.) (1-C)
  • Planes (Infinite universes which can expand into infinity through fractals, also have their own dimensionality and can have extra-dimensions, so seventh dimension at the most.) (1-C)
  • Multiverse (Straight up is stated to be a greater infinity, with planes merely being infinite fractions of itself.) (1-C)
  • Blind Eternity (Exists beyond space and time, having no concepts of distance, is all-encompassing, can't be filled, and views the multiverse as a dream and illusion) (High 1-C)
  • Time Streams (There are infinite time streams, always splitting and branching, with each one having its own multiverse.) (Infinitely High 1-C)

Im not that knowledgeable on tier 1 stuff but there is def some tier 1 stuff here.

I feel like this is possibly even higher then is being presented though. Seems like there is infinite recursive infinities which is like high 1-B at least.

Feel like the 'seven dimensional' stuff could just be ignored as flavour text.

Because the Timestreams are encompassed by the Ur-Dragon, as well as transcending every other dragon to the point that Nicol Bolas and Ugin were literally created by a beat of its wings when it was near Dominaria

This doesn't qualify for qualitative transcendence though. Ur-Dragon encompassing the Timestreams just makes it the same tier as the sum total of Timestreams.

Everything else looks fine. If Ultima says the timestream being 11D is ok then it should be fine I guess.

Everything else looks fine. If Ultima says the timestream being 11D is ok then it should be fine I guess.
I found a new statement, would this qualify for 1-B?
In truth, it was much less about actually moving anything and more about collapsing the spatial dimensions to make the two locations coexist. What a thrilling prospect!

Halfway through the inner aetherworks, the projection for the target snagged on something. Rashmi nearly lost her grip. "No, no, not now." She twisted the projection, coaxing it with gentle tugs. It was caught on one of the phantom dimensions. "We don't have time for this." She tugged harder, harder, hard—her hand slipped. Suddenly everything felt wrong. She was gripped by the sensation of severe vertigo, she tried to pull back, but whatever had a hold on her was too strong.

It was like plunging into a bath of ice water.

She would have screamed if she could have found her voice—if she could have identified the place within her being that a voice was supposed to come from. But she couldn't find her lips, nor her lungs, nor any other part of her body. All she knew were the multitudinous dimensions. They were no longer phantom, no longer variables in an equation. They were real. And there were so many.

Multitudinous only means a lot, so no.

"Numerous" is heavily context dependent on the context amount. Having 4 kids already means a numerous family for example.
The images—impressions really—were coming faster now. One blended into the next, quiet hearths, vast deserts, bustling marketplaces filled with unfamiliar people and wares, the maw of a beast, a star-filled sky. More than she could count, more than she could ever know.
She stated the number of dimensions she saw was more than she could count or ever know.
In a multidimensional space, what happens to the friction?"

Even if she had tried to stop it, Rashmi's mind would have ruminated on his question; she couldn't help but ponder a scientific quandary. At first she didn't see what he was getting at, but then it hit her; she gasped in spite of herself.

"Ah, and there it is, she finally gets it," Tezzeret drawled.

Rashmi hardly noticed his scoff; she was lost deep in thought, on the precipice of a breakthrough. "If I insert an attenuator into the aether-loop, that will allow the external focal point to relay with the inception and target points without overloading the power capacitor, and—"

"And it will work," Tezzeret said. "Of course it will."

Calculations were streaming through Rashmi's mind. "We'll need more aether. At least twice as much to accommodate for the increased spatial dimensionality."
And they are referring to spatial dimensions from what I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back