• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magic: The Gathering | Tier 1 Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Introduction

Magic: The Gathering has been disrespected in terms of tiering for quite a while now. There have been tons of attempts to make MTG above 2-A, to Low 1-C but most of them have failed, so I decided to have a go at raising it up to be one of the greats!

Cosmology Sandbox Page

Closing Notes

While I know this will reach Tier 1 I have no exact proposed tiers for this CRT. Instead, I believe it would be best for them to be decided via discussion. Also, since a lot of Magic: The Gathering Profiles are still either outdated or not up to date, only Emrakul, Kozilek, Ulamog, Nicol Bolas & The Planeswalker will be affected by these tiering changes for now.

Last edited:
Hm. I was wondering why MtG wasn't Tier 1 at some point. But yeah... Tier 1 is honestly undebatable, especially with the blatant remark to higher-dimensions imho.
The only thing I'm not certain is if the Blind Eternities transcend dimensional ideas conceptually .

Doesn't it just mean that the Powerstones simply upscale?
Well, from what I understood it would mean the Realities within Powerstones can be 7D, and that Reality would exist in yet another that is 7D, and so on and so forth.

Planes should be scaling above that since they contain Powestones, and the Multiverse should scale above that as it is considered to be a greater infinity.

And the Blind Eternities has an R > F difference in regard to the Multiverse.

Are the planes infinitely bigger than the powerstones?

And are the powerstones infinitely bigger than said realities? Just asking.

Aight I read better the thing.

It says that the space within the powerstones are infinite, not that the latter are infinitely larger than the space that it contains, so Powerstones are still 7D.

Though given that Planes are infinitely bigger, for this wiki they'd be 8D already due to the "encompassing them in an infinitesimal fraction" of itself, plus the fact that Low 1-C already is infinitely larger than Low 2-C, which is already infinite 4D, meaning that Planes can be 8D, and Blind Eternities 9D.

Though tbh a Cosmology Blog is preferable at this point.

Aight I read better the thing.

It says that the space within the powerstones are infinite, not that the latter are infinitely larger than the space that it contains, so Powerstones are still 7D.
Sorry, I don't get what you're saying here.
Though given that Planes are infinitely bigger, for this wiki they'd be 8D already due to the "encompassing them in an infinitesimal fraction" of itself, plus the fact that Low 1-C already is infinitely larger than Low 2-C, which is already infinite 4D, meaning that Planes can be 8D, and Blind Eternities 9D.

Though tbh a Cosmology Blog is preferable at this point.
Ya, I'll make one today, since it is pretty cluttered.

Oh, that wasn't what I was saying. I don't think Powerstones scale above the worlds they contain, but instead, they directly scale to the nested worlds.
Well, Planes still are Superior to the Powerstones, so 8D for those is still a thing.

Though the cosmology blog preferably needs to be something like Ben 10's cosmology blog, starting from Base Universe to the Blind Eternities.

And of course, with all the references.

Though, as I said, there's for reference both Ben 10 cosmology:

And JTTW one:

Well, Planes still are Superior to the Powerstones, so 8D for those is still a thing.

Though the cosmology blog preferably needs to be something like Ben 10's cosmology blog, starting from Base Universe to the Blind Eternities.

And of course, with all the references.
TFW Timestreams are >>>> the Blind Eternities in MTG

Oh wait.

I think that Powerstones can indeed be 8D, as a mere fraction of them can contain said 7D worlds, meaning that they're qualitatively superior, thus making Planes 9D and Blinding Eternities 10D.

Now let's wait @WeeklyBattles so maybe we get 11D.

Really, I would assume the Blind Eternities > Timestreams, considering the Timestreams are just the Timelines of Multiverses while the Blind Eternities is outside of time in general and contains the Multiverse.
The Blind Eternities is the space between planes in a multiverse

Time Streams contain everything within a multiverse, and there are an infinite number of Time Streams

Oh wait.

I think that Powerstones can indeed be 8D, as a mere fraction of them can contain said 7D worlds, meaning that they're qualitatively superior, thus making Planes 9D and Blinding Eternities 10D.

Now let's wait @WeeklyBattles so maybe we get 11D.
Im waiting to hear back from the person who has the scans but the MTG wiki's article on Time Streams sums it up pretty well

Basically, each plane is a universe, theres an infinite number of planes in a multiverse, the blind eternities is the space between planes in a multiverse, time streams are the sum total continuum of a multiverse including the blind eternities, and there are infinite time streams

Take the current stuff we have for the cosmology, add a few more layers of magnitude, and bing bang boom we're good to go

Last edited:
Agreed

Plus we really need to get some people to evaluate th calcs for the lower tiers, ive done like four for the non-god tiers that keeps the cast at 6-C and none of them hve been looked at

The Blind Eternities is the space between planes in a multiverse

Time Streams contain everything within a multiverse, and there are an infinite number of Time Streams
9d56b4fa30b3924b14f13d97cfea3844.png

It was this passage that confused me about that.

I saw the wiki and... Are we sure that's superior?

Because they're only the representation of the flow of time of the multiverses, not exactly something that's superior.

How are the dimensionality difference affects said worlds in the multiverse in comparison to regular ones?
Do we get further elaboration?

Plus the verse is very specific about higher infinities and describes the spaces within powestones like layers or branes.

I'd say that it qualifies for Tier 1.

Though for the blog, something like this can work about sections:

Universe (Low 2-C with High 3-A space)

Amount of Timelines (2-A)

Multiverse (1-C - 7D)

Powerstones (1-C - 8D)

Planes (1-C - 9D)

Blind Eternities (High 1-C - 10D)

This not including the timestreams.

Well, Universes & Planes are the same things, so it would be Nested Universes/Realities/Planes --> Powerstones --> Universes/Realities/Planes --> Multiverses Greater Infinity --> Timestreams.

Still not a hundred percent sure if Timestreams have their own Blind Eternities since you still have to go through the Blind Eternities to travel back in time which creates a branching Timestream.

One thing I've genuinely always been concerned about... How come Aminatou doesn't scale to the Multiverse ? The Creator of MtG directly stated in an interview they didn't want her involved with the canon b/c she would've solved ever problem in the story, plus they make it clear she can affect the Multiverse if she wanted to. It didn't even say she couldn't do it, but rather she doesn't do it because she doesn't want to. I never really got why in the world it being a statement derived her of her hax scaling to the Multiverse when people scale to cosmologies for far less.

One thing I've genuinely always been concerned about... How come Aminatou doesn't scale to the Multiverse ? The Creator of MtG directly stated in an interview they didn't want her involved with the canon b/c she would've solved ever problem in the story, plus they make it clear she can affect the Multiverse if she wanted to. It didn't even say she couldn't do it, but rather she doesn't do it because she doesn't want to. I never really got why in the world it being a statement derived her of her hax scaling to the Multiverse when people scale to cosmologies for far less.
Because her profile is massively outdated, as are almost all of the MTG profiles currently

I saw the wiki and... Are we sure that's superior?

Because they're only the representation of the flow of time of the multiverses, not exactly something that's superior.
It would be yeah, the time streams arent the flow of time of the multiverses, theyre the entire continuum of everything within the multiverses, with there being an infinite number of them

And technically speaking this would only scale to the absolute god tiers of the verse, no one else

It would be yeah, the time streams arent the flow of time of the multiverses, theyre the entire continuum of everything within the multiverses, with there being an infinite number of them
I need to definitely see scans about this at this point.

Because the wiki didn't exactly convince me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back