• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact GenRevs #02: Speed, Range and Other Stuff

1.) Speed​

• All characters scale to Massively Hypersonic+ (Mach 1798) via dodging lightning. - unclear atm / need recalc and people still want to contest

2.) Range

• Bow users range changes - Accepted
  • All characters that scale to Razor should have a magic range of several kilometers - Ability range should be case by case for each characters abilities / rejected

3.) RESISTANCES

• All Vision-users resist Electricity Manipulation via resisting balethunder - more people agree than neutral
  • All Vision-users should resist their respective element - Case by Case for each character/Rejected
list of characters that should resist Cold
  • Zhongli - Dragonspine Dialogue
  • Eula - Cryo Allogenes and Dragonspine dialogue
  • Chongyun - a special circumstance that allows him to resist cold
Those accepted should be applied imo since they aren't contested or controversial at all
we can either move it to a new CRT once a new speed feat is calc and specific resistances have been listed
or pause it and focus back on speed once a new calc is evaluated.

I say again, we don't use gameplay to give rating such as speed, ap, durability or lifting strength, etc......
Except we actually do. Case in point, Sekiro. Another one is Breath of the Wild.

You're making assertions that are outright false with regards to wiki standards, and are completely misunderstanding the spirit of the Game Mechanics page, which is listed as being a mistake on said page. The fact that you seem to not even know that said page is a statement to this wiki's standards is absurdly telling of your sheer lack of knowledge as to how this wiki does things.

Except we actually do. Case in point, Sekiro. Another one is Breath of the Wild.

You're making assertions that are outright false with regards to wiki standards, and are completely misunderstanding the spirit of the Game Mechanics page, which is listed as being a mistake on said page. The fact that you seem to not even know that said page is a statement to this wiki's standards is absurdly telling of your sheer lack of knowledge as to how this wiki does things.
Then this wiki are wrong on so many level when it come to game. Literally, i don't need to read, cause it is useless to me anyway, again defend you point rather than using some page to defend. You can't literally counter my argument and need to rely on a page. You should know that this game have huge amount of cutscene, dialogue thus lore and cutscene take precedence over gameplay which always contradict itself on the course of your playthrough. Idk and i don't care about Sekiro or Breath of the Wild but like i said before, defend you reason, don't bring other verse here as an excuse

Then this wiki are wrong on so many level when it come to game. Literally, i don't need to read, cause it is useless to me anyway, again defend you point rather than using some page to defend. You can't literally counter my argument and need to rely on a page. You should know that this game have huge amount of cutscene, dialogue thus lore and cutscene take precedence over gameplay which always contradict itself on the course of your playthrough. Idk and i don't care about Sekiro or Breath of the Wild but like i said before, defend you reason, don't bring other verse here as an excuse
Other verses do set certain precedences and pages contain information that is supposed to be used by those active on the wiki. I guess a good start would be to detail the reasonings behind these precedences and standards and to discuss those?

Other verses do set certain precedences and pages contain information that is supposed to be used by those active on the wiki. I guess a good start would be to detail the reasonings behind these precedences and standards and to discuss those?
It should be with the different thread honestly. But Genshin have a huge amount of cut-scene that why they take precedences over. Iirc Sekiro have almost no cut-scene in the game with little dialogue that could give a clear information on character so they must use gameplay for scaling and thing, Breath of the Wild i never play so i don't know. But the closest example to this was Azur Lane and for the the record they can't use gameplay to rating speed or ap despite their cutscene was just a bunch of visual novel type dialogues with 2 game trailer did so reaction and combat speed.
At this point it will be back and forth anyway so you can call staffs, if they are fine with you guys then i have nothing to say
For the record, i don't play Genshin, my older brother play it, but i did watch many Youtube video about the gameplay and its cut-scenes and there are multiple combat scene, that why i'm against using gameplay scan, if you guys have a clear cut scan from cutscene i think it will be better

It should be with the different thread honestly. But Genshin have a huge amount of cut-scene that why they take precedences over. Iirc Sekiro have almost no cut-scene in the game with little dialogue that could give a clear information on character so they must use gameplay for scaling and thing, Breath of the Wild i never play so i don't know. But the closest example to this was Azur Lane and for the the record they can't use gameplay to rating speed or ap despite their cutscene was just a bunch of visual novel type dialogues with 2 game trailer did so reaction and combat speed.
At this point it will be back and forth anyway so you can call staffs, if they are fine with you guys then i have nothing to say
For the record, i don't play Genshin, my older brother play it, but i did watch many Youtube video about the gameplay and its cut-scenes and there are multiple combat scene, that why i'm against using gameplay scan, if you guys have a clear cut scan from cutscene i think it will be better
So, your argument is that the presence of cutscenes invalidates gameplay automatically regardless of whether or not there are actual contradictions? I don't think that the matter of whether or not you play the game was actually brought up, so I don't know why you felt like mentioning it but I guess that's okay?

I checked most cutscenes and the only lightning present either Childe's, which doesn't really cloud to ground, and ballista firening god of vortex, which isn't lightning at all, just looks similar.

So, we probably still have to use gameplay.

If you have a problem with the way the wiki does things, then make a CRT. The fact that I have to point this out is atrocious considering it's the bread and butter of the whole ******* system this wiki uses. Do you believe your opinion is more correct than the results of countless discussions on the topic made by many more people than just you? Then prove it in a CRT. I don't need to deal with your presumptiousness regarding the wiki standards, and I have no obligation to put up with your clear lack of comprehensive ability.

Your argument itself is invalid because you're the only one actually doing any cherry-picking, and making assertions like "gameplay is inherently invalid for scaling" without any further explanation as to the logic behind it. When I pointed this out, all you've done was ignore me, so frankly, you've proven just how pointless your presence here is; because you obviously haven't even read the wiki rules and guidelines, and refuse to accept just how illogical you're being.

So considering how you've proven just how incompetent you are, please kindly cease your pointless arguments. If you find this unfair, go talk to the staff members you seem to hold in such high regard. But just letting you know in advance, it's not going to help you at all.

Yeah, i'll be honest Viet, but i kinda tired seeing you arguing here, if there is a process sure, but in reality you just dragging this thread, thus we can't ever reach the conclusion

If you think this wiki wrong then why you even joining in first place?

The lightning and electricity feat being considered as real lightning have 1 staff agreement already

although the calc is still being challenged so we need a recalc for the feats hopefully using the natural cloud to ground lighting available in the game

Can somebody write explanations of the discussion so far here, and what currently needs to be evaluated and done, please?

Can somebody write explanations of the discussion so far here, and what currently needs to be evaluated and done, please?
nothing much really changed except no cutscene directly contradicts the speed feat checked by mrkerf. so in-game lightning dodge feat is allowed

either way, there is nothing left to evaluate and the speed feat is planned to be recalc with different scan using the cloud to ground lighting instead of the cicin mage attacks

for the list of changes accepted and rejected

1.) Speed​

• All characters scale to Massively Hypersonic+ (Mach 1798) via dodging lightning. - unclear atm / Planning a different calc / being contested

2.) Range

• Bow users range changes - Accepted
  • All characters that scale to Razor should have a magic range of several kilometers - Ability range should be case by case for each characters abilities / rejected

3.) RESISTANCES

• All Vision-users resist Electricity Manipulation via resisting balethunder - more people agree than neutral / accepted
  • All Vision-users should resist their respective element - Case by Case for each character/Rejected
list of characters that should resist Cold
  • Zhongli - Dragonspine Dialogue
  • Eula - Cryo Allogenes and Dragonspine dialogue
  • Chongyun - a special circumstance that allows him to resist cold

Okay. Thank you for the summary. The accepted parts can probably be applied then.

Why is the accepted lightning dodging calculation contested?

Did any staff or experienced members say so? And if so, which ones?

Did any staff or experienced members say so? And if so, which ones?
One staff (Dragonmasterxyz) agreed that electro or lightning attacks are electricity/lightning speed but didn't comment on the speed calc itself and will not comment any more than this

Mrkerf did say none of the cutscenes directly contradicts gameplay so it probably should be used but the calculation itself is iffy.
hence the calc should be redone for good measure with actual cloud to ground lightning in the game as the people who agreed with it have decided

Okay. That is probably fine then.

Is anybody here willing and able to re-do the calculation?

Sekiro was allowed to use gameplay segments for scaling to lightning speed so it's fine to use them imo
Sorry for the late reply, but I just want to clarify. Sekiro didn't use gameplay as a justification, but the fact that there is a move literally called "lightning reversal", which does exactly what it sounds like.

Back