• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Genshin Impact GenRevs #02: Speed, Range and Other Stuff

I've heard about that. But what happened anyway.

I was unable to play Genshin during that time due to circumstances.
Well Mihoyo give player x10 free pull or something like that, tbh i'm not playing GI, just watching Youtube about the game. But player start compare the reward with other gacha games anniversary reward and rage, and they start bombing review the game with 1 star on Google Play and App Store, they also bombing other game like Azur Lane, LoL: Wild Rift, etc....to force Mihoyo to notice. Well a very bad time period, and well they decide to give player more reward due to the drama

Well Mihoyo give player x10 free pull or something like that, tbh i'm not playing GI, just watching Youtube about the game. But player start compare the reward with other gacha games anniversary reward and rage, and they start bombing review the game with 1 star on Google Play and App Store, they also bombing other game like Azur Lane, LoL: Wild Rift, etc....to force Mihoyo to notice. Well a very bad time period, and well they decide to give player more reward due to the drama
Sounds pretty immature to me.

Alright, about the Childe feat. So one thing out of the way right away, I missed one point when they actually display cinematic time and it's pretty obvious at that. It is right after Childe zooms past the ruin guards before launching them into the air. However, before that we see the visual of the ruinguards slowly trundeling towards Childe while Teucer is talking to him. There are no signs of anything speeding up or slowing down up untill that point, so it should be assumed that that's normal speed.

I also realized that this is happening in realtime (it's raining in the background). Since stronger regular humans (adventurers and military) would kinda backscale to the lightning feats, they should be able to block or dodge Kazuha's dash attack or whatever that is. This isn't even talking about the regular swings he made before that. This is also the best feat from any character in this entire fight and isn't even close to lightning speeds. It's closer to peak human, really.
It'd probably be closer to Subsonic though. Childe is flashing all around with the Ruin Guards which is consistent with his boss fight and Kazuha is also moving faster than the eye can see in the video. There is also Jean's feat in the Genshin Impact manga of moving so fast that Amber couldn't see her.

So what's the state of the argument now? Sorry I don't really have the time to keep up.

@RatherClueless I'd really appreciate it if you joined the Discord server. It'd be a lot easier to talk to you about revisions since it's the only medium that's readily available to me with how busy I am. Arguing on the forums is just a pointless headache since mobile sucks for this site and I'm only able to access my laptop on weekends.

So what's the state of the argument now? Sorry I don't really have the time to keep up.

@RatherClueless I'd really appreciate it if you joined the Discord server. It'd be a lot easier to talk to you about revisions since it's the only medium that's readily available to me with how busy I am. Arguing on the forums is just a pointless headache since mobile sucks for this site and I'm only able to access my laptop on weekends.
Bruh, Clueless is Rather.

Anyway, i guess this thread gonna need a month or more to finish. Would just applying the thing that accepted okay since only the speed is being contended right now.

Bruh, Clueless is Rather.

Anyway, i guess this thread gonna need a month or more to finish. Would just applying the thing that accepted okay since only the speed is being contended right now.
I would be fine with that.

This seems uncontroversial to apply, as long as there are no serious complaints, but you shouldn't use the requests thread for this type of purpose in the future.

So is somebody who knows how to edit properly willing to apply this?

Can somebody write an explanation of what has been accepted so far and what we still need to evaluate? Thank you.

Contested
1 lightning dodge speed - Massively Hypersonic speed
2 Same element resistance - Vision user resisting their respective Element
3 Storm Range - Razor Magic Range

Accepted
1 Lightning resistance - Bale thunder resistance which kills human in seconds
2 Bow User Range - Bow user range

For the record, I think that everything in the OP seems uncontroversial, although you need to link to the justification blog and other evidence when applying it.

Yesterday a new member applied the speed changes, without linking to the relevant calculation blog within the pages, or to this thread in the edit summary boxes, so I didn't remember this thread and reverted it all.

Last edited:
Contested
1 lightning dodge speed - Massively Hypersonic speed
2 Same element resistance - Vision user resisting their respective Element
3 Storm Range - Razor Magic Range
Please explain why it is contested. Has the calculation not been accepted for example?
Accepted
1 Lightning resistance - Bale thunder resistance which kills human in seconds
2 Bow User Range - Bow user range
Okay. That is probably fine then.

For the record, I think that everything in the OP seems uncontroversial, although you need to link to the evidence/justification blog and other evidence when applying it.

Yesterday a new member applied the speed changes, without linking to the relevant calculation blog within the pages, or to this thread in the edit summary boxes, so I didn't remember this thread and reverted it all.
And that's me, once the thread is finished I'll just add everything.

Please explain why it is contested. Has the calculation not been accepted for example?
Speed
The calc is accepted but what's being contested is whether it is real lightning or not and it's pretty much an impasse at this point so evaluation is being requested at this point

also want to bring up this more speed support aside from what I already brought up that Ratherclueless argued against.

Range
Shouldn't really scale since its a magic range specific for Razor and Lisa for creating a storm by using one of their magic and is a single feat

Elemental Resistance for Eula and Chongyun
doesn't look contested when i backread just have different reasoning for each of their resistance I guess this is accepted as well?

for more detail about the lightning
there are cases where electro is used in a way that they don't move at lightning speed and electricity speed
there are also some cases where they are literally undodgeable and in cinematics, they make a big deal about moving at lightning speed rather than something common which is contradictory if every fighter and character in this game can move at near and lightning speed also argued that it could be dodge via aim dodging which is how you do it in the game mostly

Last edited:
We already have characters basically teleporting by turning into lightning, like with Cicin Mages and Lisa. Just because some applications of the lightning powers don't necessarily line up with actual lightning speed doesn't mean the lightning itself isn't real electricity. We already have evidence of:
  • Superconductivity (Electro+Cryo reaction).
  • Muscle contraction on affected people (Electro+Hydro reaction).
  • Moving at speeds comparable to lightning (people transforming into lightning to move way faster than everyone else on-screen, or straight up transforming into electrons to basically teleport).
  • Displays of cloud to ground lightning (from Cicin Mages, Razor, Lisa, Fischl, etc.)
    *note that just because the actual VFX does not extend to the sky does not disqualify this due to the limits of the game's rendering engine.
  • AP of said lightning attacks being well above the energy output of actual lightning, with the latter being 1.6 billion joules (8-C) while the former being at minimum 8.5e15 joules; thousands of times greater.
  • In-universe statements of Electro being the natural element of electricity, making it - at least in-universe - considered as "real lightning" as could possibly be.
Considering this part of the Lightning Feats page:
...for practical purposes, concerning attacks that are electricity-based, if they display power comparable to that of natural lightning, they should be considered to move at a comparable speed.
Even in spite of the little bit of evidence against lightning speed, the overwhelming majority of feats, and even the math, all line up. There should be no problem with considering Electro real lightning.

The calc is accepted
The calc itself is being contested as well.

doesn't look contested when i backread just have different reasoning for each of their resistance I guess this is accepted as well?
Well, the thing that is contensted is that all vision users should get specific resistance to their elements based on their vision. Eula and Chongyun should have some amount of cold resistance via their feats.

Superconductivity (Electro+Cryo reaction).
The only thing it has in common with actual superconduction is the name.

Moving at speeds comparable to lightning (people transforming into lightning to move way faster than everyone else on-screen, or straight up transforming into electrons to basically teleport).
They don't turn into lightning but coverthemselves with it. It can be seen in the animations. This is also more of an anti feat, as all depictions of this are always slower than actual lightning, including a literal scene of someone moving like this, just to then be hit by actual lightning, moving as fast as actual lightning. We also have a cinematic with several characters fighting in real time and nobody was moving even close to lightning speeds. Teleportation is not an electro exclusive feat. Cryo Cicin mages and all abyss mages teleport too and Mirror Maidens can open a literal portal. This is not a speed feat.

Displays of cloud to ground lightning
it is disputed whether the Cicin mages lightning is actual C2G lightning
uses the Cicin mage as an example of C2G lightning

ok then

*note that just because the actual VFX does not extend to the sky does not disqualify this due to the limits of the game's rendering engine.
That is by no means the only issue here.

Even in spite of the little bit of evidence against lightning speed, the overwhelming majority of feats, and even the math, all line up. There should be no problem with considering Electro real lightning.
Little evidence? Are you for real? Did you even read this thread? There is way more evidence against it than for it.

Seriously:

Pro:

+Behaves like electricity in some cases (muscle twitching)
+Can summon real lightning
+Some calc I'd really love to see says that the lightning used is 1k times stronger
+In game statements of it being comparable to the in game natural electricity (not sure where that statement is from tho. I'd have to check.)

Con:

-It makes no sense in terms of scaling, as characters like Razor and Lisa need "an extended casting time" to summon real lightning, while someone like a cicin mage can casually cast it.
-The Raiden Shogun, even after having witnessed the traveler fight before, feels as if it is necessary to show them that "lightning can strike without clouds". She also makes it sound as if it isn't something just any old vision user can do (which makes sense since Lisa and Razor need clouds to summon natural lightning).
-All natural lightning and other situations where it would plausibly only ever be lightning speed happen at 1 frame (The cicin mages shield or the Electro Slimes's arc.), making it clear that this isn't "game limitations". They can if they want and they do.
-Electro Slimes are pure electro energy and are by no means fast I swear to god, if someone argues that the slowest creature in the game is only this slow due to game limitations or game mechanics and is actually zooming around Teyvat at lightning speeds . . .
-Tons of cutscenes, including undeniably real time cutscenes, depict characters as vastly slower, be it movement speed or combat speed
-Many attacks just straight up dont look like/behave like lightning would ever behave or are so slow that "gamemechanics/gamelimitations" simply can't be reasonably argued anymore.

-Electro Slimes are pure electro energy and are by no means fast I swear to god, if someone argues that the slowest creature in the game is only this slow due to game limitations
they are slow naturally but they emit electro energy especially when mutant electro slime which acts as a lightning rod of some sort for the mutant. no one argued they move fast but they are capable of generating attacks that is lightning speed alongside mutant one. that's what I argued about but then you just said it's undodgeable so go on.

either way there's really no way to move forward and we can just go back and forth over and over.

And that's me, once the thread is finished I'll just add everything.
Okay. Please do so properly this time, by linking to the calculation blog in the relevant speed sections, and add links to this thread in the small edit summary boxes, for example.

Last edited:
RatherClueless seemed to make good points above. It may be safer to not scale from lightning dodging then.

Back